Has it all gone quiet since the TV show finished?

BigFatCoward

I know most of the weirdo's tended to hang around with their own kind, however it does seem that the board is definitely quieter now even in Gen Chat and Entertainment (I haven't been active in the book or TV threads for years, there are just too many scary rabbit hole's).

Is there any data to say how many active members, posts per day per sub forum etc, to say if this is indeed the case, or is this just me harking back like all boring old bastards to a 'better time' when the threads moved at pace, with interesting, funny and informative posts?

the board always said, "i don't believe in god, but i'm afraid of him." well, i do believe in god and the only thing that scares me is the floobs, inspector BFC.  remember that the greatest trick the floob ever pulled was convincing the world they don't exist.

On 11/19/2019 at 8:46 AM, sologdin said:

the board always said, "i don't believe in god, but i'm afraid of him." well, i do believe in god and the only thing that scares me is the floobs, inspector BFC.  remember that the greatest trick the floob ever pulled was convincing the world they don't exist.

And the trick has worked :devil:

On 11/19/2019 at 2:39 PM, BigFatCoward said:

I know most of the weirdo's tended to hang around with their own kind, however it does seem that the board is definitely quieter now even in Gen Chat and Entertainment (I haven't been active in the book or TV threads for years, there are just too many scary rabbit hole's).

Is there any data to say how many active members, posts per day per sub forum etc, to say if this is indeed the case, or is this just me harking back like all boring old bastards to a 'better time' when the threads moved at pace, with interesting, funny and informative posts?

Don t worry.

Next year with twow, house of the dragon and maybe a D&E story (he will publish the forth one some day) it will be a very active time for this fórum.

On 11/19/2019 at 6:46 AM, sologdin said:

Dear so-called Comrade Sologdin, I am writing to inform you that your Party membership has been revoked. Please report post-haste to the nearest committee, sub-committee, or local soviet for re-education.

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

What's the cutoff for waves? 

I would suggest anyone who joined after reading A storm of Swords a first wave noob. Anyone who starts after the show started a second wave noob.  In other words, we have met the noobs and they are us.

29 minutes ago, maarsen said:

I would suggest anyone who joined after reading A storm of Swords a first wave noob. Anyone who starts after the show started a second wave noob.  In other words, we have met the noobs and they are us.

I joined after AFFC: am I a Wave 1.5 n00b? Maybe Nooberation X as opposed to a Board Boomer or a Noobennial?

I don't really remember any particular flood of people until the show premiered.  People on the forum were really excited when the show was first announced, and again when it was picked up, but there weren't a lot of new people coming in for those things happening.  So IMO, the first "wave" was the show's premiere, and then there was a new wave with each season's premiere.  It's possible that delineation is too simple, but that's how i saw it.   

I checked our statistics, and other than a brief period in late 2018, we have more members posting content on a day to day basis than we've ever had outside of show seasons. Between seasons in 2016, we had half as many people posting actively as we do now.

@Ser Scot A Ellison

Theda,

Yeah, anyone who joins post show is eternally "flooby". It is your generational indicator like "Baby Boomers" or "Generation X". I've been here 12 years and I'm not truely an "Old Timer" because I joined post Storm of Swords.

This is straight up bigotry. Rise up fellow Floobs! They can’t stop us all!!!

40 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I joined after AFFC: am I a Wave 1.5 n00b? Maybe Nooberation X as opposed to a Board Boomer or a Noobennial?

I was being silly. I joined after reading A Storm of Swords and well before the show started and as such I tried to put myself in the best light possible. I was a noob but never a floob.

Archived