Has it all gone quiet since the TV show finished?

BigFatCoward

It's probably just an easy topic because it's semi-current and there is a ton of information since it stemmed from the books. I'm just trying to get a more random sample asking on here. One of my tumblr friends said this is one of the more popular platforms for GoT fans. *shrug*

Also, not a bot. ;)

On 11/22/2019 at 9:05 AM, maarsen said:

I would suggest anyone who joined after reading A storm of Swords a first wave noob. Anyone who starts after the show started a second wave noob.  In other words, we have met the noobs and they are us.

Floob was absolutely a show related thing. 

Though I recall finding the Board through the GRRM website that was plugged in my copy of ASoS...I think that's where it came from for me.

On 11/21/2019 at 8:13 PM, divica said:

Don t worry.

Next year with twow, house of the dragon and maybe a D&E story (he will publish the forth one some day) it will be a very active time for this fórum.

I think you (and HBO) grossly overestimate how much the general public wants a GoT spinoff. It's dead.

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I think you (and HBO) grossly overestimate how much the general public wants a GoT spinoff. It's dead.

I don t really want any spin off that reminds me of GOT. At some point I think most people just wanted the show to finish to end the our pain… Most spin off happen because people want more stories about a finished series and I agree that it isn t the case here. But any american show has millions of viewers world wide. It will lead people to forns like this to talk about the spin off...

1 minute ago, divica said:

I don t really want any spin off that reminds me of GOT. At some point I think most people just wanted the show to finish to end the our pain… Most spin off happen because people want more stories about a finished series and I agree that it isn t the case here. But any american show has millions of viewers world wide. It will lead people to forns like this to talk about the spin off...

Sorry to lump you in with that lot, I got hasty.

I agree with you... usually. And I don't doubt that there will, as you say, be a multitude of millions viewing regardless. But I just have this deep feeling in my bones that we'll never see George's baby ever be a significant cultural influence again. It fills me with strange and incompatible emotions. Rage and glee, sadness and triumph, with enough sympathy towards George's bastardized dream to weep but for the tears boiling in their ducts when the anger at how casually and contemptuously we (and George) were told to go fuck ourselves surges.

33 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Sorry to lump you in with that lot, I got hasty.

I agree with you... usually. And I don't doubt that there will, as you say, be a multitude of millions viewing regardless. But I just have this deep feeling in my bones that we'll never see George's baby ever be a significant cultural influence again. It fills me with strange and incompatible emotions. Rage and glee, sadness and triumph, with enough sympathy towards George's bastardized dream to weep but for the tears boiling in their ducts when the anger at how casually and contemptuously we (and George) were told to go fuck ourselves surges.

Personally I think that whatever spin offs they make should be huge failures. It is the only way that all the people involved in GOT will actually understand that what happened in the last season of GOT was a huge disaster.

And I can t only blame D&D. Lots of people had to aprove their scrips for the last season. I think even Grrm had to somewhat satisfied whit the direction of the show in last seasons given his constant support of the show and now continued partership with HBO. He is happy enough he wants to write scripts for the new show…. I think even he needs a wake up call for the rest of asoiaf books...

38 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

It wasn’t a huge disaster. It was a fucking television show that could have used sone additional episodes to flesh out motivation, and some better lighting during the battle against the white walkers.

No it was a tragedy of biblical proportions. Remember that episode where someone travelled somewhere too quickly and it wasnt realistic. 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:39 AM, BigFatCoward said:

however it does seem that the board is definitely quieter now even in Gen Chat and Entertainment

Is there any data to say how many active members, posts per day per sub forum etc, to say if this is indeed the case, or is this just me harking back like all boring old bastards to a 'better time' when the threads moved at pace, with interesting, funny and informative posts?

- Drunkenly stumbles across the thread over to BFC, puts arm around neck, and rasps into his ear-

"Hey, man. Even if it gets only down to us and the Mods posting back and forth at each other, at least you got me. "

On 11/23/2019 at 9:53 AM, Jace, Basilissa said:

Yeah, this right here. I'm not really all that interested. Post-GoT, I'm still so incredibly let down by how the series ended. It was so shitty, it honestly felt like a betrayal. It's hard to feel anything positive for the new show.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:10 AM, Corvinus said:

The general Rant & Rave thread that was started last December is at 169 pages and still going, even though it's mostly just the same half dozen people still posting. As long as one still draws breath, the rant will never end. 

They're good people.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:00 PM, Tywin et al. said:

@Ser Scot A Ellison

This is straight up bigotry. Rise up fellow Floobs! They can’t stop us all!!!

I’ve come to accept my floobish ways...it’s been an important time aligning this part of my identity with the rest...can’t believe in 2019 I can still trace some floobism from people though...

Archived