Has it all gone quiet since the TV show finished?

BigFatCoward

11 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I’ve come to accept my floobish ways...it’s been an important time aligning this part of my identity with the rest...can’t believe in 2019 I can still trace some floobism from people though...

Floobish ways? I was but a noob and I was in awe of your posting numbers and followers. Floob? Never! 

5 hours ago, maarsen said:

Floobish ways? I was but a noob and I was in awe of your posting numbers and followers. Floob? Never! 

Actually I was just a very hyper and annoying 19 year old who somehow managed to endear myself to people LOL and here I still am :lol: 

On 11/30/2019 at 1:23 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

- Drunkenly stumbles across the thread over to BFC, puts arm around neck, and rasps into his ear-

"Hey, man. Even if it gets only down to us and the Mods posting back and forth at each other, at least you got me. "

I've committed more of my life to this board than any other thing. I'm going nowhere (unless I get perma banned, which is a distinct possibility). 

• 2 weeks later...

I joined in the old days of ezBoard, migrated with the flock, I remember Zorse wars, the first R+L=J threads, the Ottoman Mountains and the great champaigne argument.

But I lost my password years ago and had to create Account II. Now I'm just an anonymous lurking member of the great fl00b.

• 1 month later...

Its to be expected the site is more quiet, i mean the tv show is over and G.R.R Martin is never going to finish the books.

But of course i have never been that active i only visit the site once in a while. I have been her for almost 4 years and only written a 140 posts.

is it hypocritical of me to hate the fl00bs given the fact that, sadly, I am one of those...

But, oh boy, did I hate 2013-2015 period during TV season with all the system crashes and people who needed to be explained that Daenerys is not fireproof. :D

Luckily, I have found the Entertainment thread and The Good Wife thread 

13 hours ago, Feologild said:

Its to be expected the site is more quiet, i mean the tv show is over and G.R.R Martin is never going to finish the books.

Having that line stand for hours without an argument culminating in G.R.R.M.I.N.Y.B! in response is a definite sign that we’ve decreased in something.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Having that line stand for hours without an argument culminating in G.R.R.M.I.N.Y.B! in response is a definite sign that we’ve decreased in something.

Obstinace?  Whimsy?  Denial?

27 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Something in the thread just gave me this recollection that there was some kind of adopt-a-fl00b at some point like a "this one's mine!" kind of thing where if you mistreated a fl00b in general that was completely appropriate and to be expected but if you mistreated my fl00b specifically we might have to have words.  Dang, it's been a while.  Memory is hazy.  

If it wasn't for my stalwart OG siqu watching my back I never would have made it through the summer of 2012.  I was really lucky though, I came up with a couple of other fl00b, Board rest their souls, who didn't have the kind of mentorship that I did.  I imagine their suffering, and I weep.

3 hours ago, Freshwater Spartan said:

Now that the floor is over can we bring back the membership number. I always enjoined seeing when an old member like 158 post. I joined in 2007 after Affc. I think I was 7999.

You can still see it if you hover over an avatar, at the bottom of the screen there will be a link to the URL for the profile, which includes the member number. You are 8999, apparently.

51 minutes ago, williamjm said:

You can still see it if you hover over an avatar, at the bottom of the screen there will be a link to the URL for the profile, which includes the member number. You are 8999, apparently.

Whoah. Wild.

I remember Jamie L (I think it was him) saying something along the lines of you not being a full member or what not until your post count exceeded your member number. This was shortly after the tradition of your council title being given to you by longer-tenured board members had sort of faded away.

19 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I remember Jamie L (I think it was him) saying something along the lines of you not being a full member or what not until your post count exceeded your member number. This was shortly after the tradition of your council title being given to you by longer-tenured board members had sort of faded away.

I remember the days when the first custom titles were created :) 

21 hours ago, williamjm said:

Really. 

I find the "you're not a real member until your post count equals your membership number" thought process highly discriminatory.

After half a decade I barely average over 1 post per day. (What can I say? I'm a shy guy)

So in 244 years I'll be a real member. 

Scientists better get to work on that longevity thing.

Archived