Has it all gone quiet since the TV show finished?

BigFatCoward

15 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m 420.  I remember when I got that number many thought it funny that “420” was meaningless to me.

:)

Below about 5000 it is just a matter how how quickly you reacted to Ran opening up registration.

:smug:

15 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

damn...you are nearly half way home...

even if i post all day every day my 2 active brain cells would surely give up the ghost before i reached a quarter of my number...good thing i support the theory: if you have shared a beer with GRRM...you are a member :cheers:

I agree with your theory!:cheers:  I was in on the tail-end of the old EZ board but somehow missed the transition to this board by about a month and still ended up with a relatively low number.  I still bop around the board almost every day but I rarely post anymore.  Now I mostly just lurk and...maybe "like" something once in awhile.  

On 1/21/2020 at 12:24 AM, Teng Ai Hui said:

I found my account number on my phone (8512, btw). One has to go to the profile page. Then, look at the url, like mentioned above. However, a mobile user may need to cut-n-paste it into a notes app in order to see the entire address.

I too have a low post rate, so I may have to survive into my hundreds in order to remove my n00b status.

I see what you all are saying now.  Missed the part about url. They used to just have the number below the avatar pic.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:51 PM, williamjm said:

I was looking on a desktop browser so it's possible it doesn't work on mobile.

I think I'm missing something, can you help? I'm on a desktop but don't see a url when I hover over an avatar :(

Wait I think I got it. I'm 89,437? 

Well I've been gone a long time and only started posting in the last month. After all the spoilers that were floating around before season 7, without tags and in all sorts of places when I saw it happening again with season 8, I was scarce. After season 8, I was just done with the whole franchise for a good while.

Getting back, there seems to be a LOT less activity. The show forum is virtually dead and even the book forum seems very diminished. I can't gage the general forum since I never spent a lot of time here since it's mostly politics. I can't say I'm surprised by the trend. Certainly I'm not the only one disgruntled by the way the show ended and lacking belief that we'll ever see Winds much less Dream.

5 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I think I'm missing something, can you help? I'm on a desktop but don't see a url when I hover over an avatar :(

Wait I think I got it. I'm 89,437? 

Yes, that's the right number.

It's definitely not as obvious as it was when it was visible next to the post count.

I have fewer than 1k posts here despite apparently being in the first 4k. Then again, almost every forum I'm a part of I lurk far more than I post. Though I probably average two typed out, then deleted before posting messages a day between them.

I was a huge fan of Valve games when they were talking about this weird content platform thing that they said would eventually be more important than Half-Life or Portal. Yeah, right Valve. I still downloaded it within the first hour or so it was released. So my steamID is 61,000 something. There are like 100 million now. I remember way back even in Counter-Strike 1.6, people seeing my number on the my server of choice's statistics page. Had a number of people offer me money for the account back then. But screw that, I have a bunch of games I still never even beat on my Steam backlog :D

Though I don't post much, there are a ton of people here far smarter than I, and though I don't remember the last time I actually discussed anything related to the books or novels here, I still lurk here as much as anywhere.

Archived