Watchmen: Nostalgia is a helluva drug. (spoilers)

RumHam

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

The fact that Sister Night has such a visceral WTF reaction to Lube Guy almost like a stand-in for the audience is so funny and so great.  

Yeah, and I love that for I dunno 80%? of the audience it was just never explained. 

9 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I had a feeling Lube Man was Petey, based on the physique, but yes, I fully agree with the WTF. And it's hilarious that his entire equipment centered around being able to "get out of tight places"

Well, you know, when the squeeze is on . . .

Thinking back on the series, I think I land on 'Good, but not great' partly because it became a little *too* focused on plot in some episodes and lost it's connection with the characters. I still think episode 6, The Extraordinary Being, is *very* good and expands upon Hooded Justice from the comic really well. I think that episode is a masterpiece tbh so I'm glad that it exists.

I'm totally okay with not having another season. I don't think it's needed.

Nostalgia was the highlight of the series no doubt, maybe because it felt a bit more coherent and self contained. Also the subject matter was more compelling.

I think I would have much preferred a Watchmen prequel to this sort-of sequel as that could have been much more interesting. 

Too often my mind kept wandering during the show, and only when it landed on elements I recognised from the comics did I feel any great interest. I just felt like the show expected a lot of investment from the viewer before giving them anything juicy. As usual from the writers, giving us lots of questions , but mostly frustrating answers.

13 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I had a feeling Lube Man was Petey, based on the physique, but yes, I fully agree with the WTF. And it's hilarious that his entire equipment centered around being able to "get out of tight places"

I called that right after watching the episode.  Just seemed obvious given the physique and Petey's obsession with superheroes.  It also seemed like the sort of lame, dorky type of hero he'd be, and him following Sister Night would make sense given they were investigating her.

Archived