What did the nobles in Westeros think of house targaryen after Robert rebellion ?

Mario Seddy

What did the nobles of westeros think of house targaryen after Robert's Rebellion, especially about the exiled viserys and daenerys ? What did people like margaery tyrell, renly baratheon, arianne martell etc, think of house targaryen after Robert rebellion. What did each Great house think of the house targaryen ? 

10 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Another one of your futile attempts to start a one-sided Targaryen hate thread?  I see, none of your other threads came into fruition.  

All I see is someone asking an innocent question. 
How do you know his intentions? His questions seem to evolve around the Targaryens. Which means he really likes them and wants to know as much as possible about them. From the posts I’ve seen him like, he seems to either like them or has a genuine interest in the house of dragons, and who wouldn’t.

Just because his posts begin with “what the nobility thought of the Targaryens” or “was rebellion inevitable” Dosent give you or anyone else the right to accuse him. I see where the accusations come from. It’s because people know that these sort of questions will paint the Targaryens in a bad picture (which many people dislike). 

20 hours ago, The Young Maester said:

All I see is someone asking an innocent question. 
How do you know his intentions? His questions seem to evolve around the Targaryens. Which means he really likes them and wants to know as much as possible about them. From the posts I’ve seen him like, he seems to either like them or has a genuine interest in the house of dragons, and who wouldn’t.

Just because his posts begin with “what the nobility thought of the Targaryens” or “was rebellion inevitable” Dosent give you or anyone else the right to accuse him.

Agreed.

I'm not a Targ lover, but Seddy's questions are neutral questions. To people who aren't Targ fans like me, his nth variation question about the support that Viserys and Dany may have had in Westeros still, come across as if he's a Targ fan with little actual knowledge on the books. In response, many non-Targ fans will respond to it. But Mario is not responsible for those.

On 22. November 2019 at 3:07 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Another one of your futile attempts to start a one-sided Targaryen hate thread?  I see, none of your other threads came into fruition.  

If ppl answer with irrational hate, that they can't back up through arguments, that's really their fault and not the one of the OP. You can ask anything, that you are interested in here, you know, as long as it's not disrespectful towards anyone.

We all saw what renly thought he though Robert should have gotten rid of them all.

Hoster probably was a loyalist but got a bigger reward with them gone so he was all pro robert

Tywin was a House Targ loyalist right up until Rhaegar died. Like hoster got a better deal so he didn't mind them being gone.

Ned he proably wouldn't mind House Targ still in power as long as justice was met.

Martells lost love for Aerys and Rhaegar but they had power with them their so they are pissed.

House Valyeron pissed too.

Arryn same as tywin and hoster

Baratheon stannis would have bent the knee if robert loss and served

On 11/21/2019 at 12:06 PM, Mario Seddy said:

What did the nobles of westeros think of house targaryen after Robert's Rebellion, especially about the exiled viserys and daenerys ? What did people like margaery tyrell, renly baratheon, arianne martell etc, think of house targaryen after Robert rebellion. What did each Great house think of the house targaryen ? 

Well they thought Viserys was the beggar King and didn’t give anymore thought to it. By that point the Targaryens were nobodies beyond the civilised world. 

George has made it a plot point that only now is Dany entering the equation of Westerosi politics. I especially think that Aegons presence and Danys actions post Mereen will have a disproportionate impact on how people view her.

Robert was called Usurper.  So evidently many thought he was not the rightful ruler.  The Targaryens have the greatest family name in Westeros and the most glory out of any of the houses.  Many resented that Robert won and would prefer the Targaryens, just like many in the north resented the Boltons and would have preferred the Starks.  The feelings were not enough to start another war.  The houses were basically tired of war and want to get back to planting and harvesting crops.  But the plotting to put the Targaryens back in power never stopped.  Martell, Darry, and the Sea Lord were plotting.  Varys, Illyrio, and Connington were plotting to crush the Baratheons.  The Targaryens were generally liked by the people. 

Archived