Good News Thread!!

Theda Baratheon

Well I scrolled back until APRIL and didn’t see anything so even if there is a similar  thread I’m making another! I know there’s one for small things that don’t warrant their own thread but I think it’ll be nice to have a place just dedicated to good news. 

This is a place to share good news!!! Specifically good news. I think sometimes it makes us all feel better to see when someone else has had some good news and it also makes us feel better when we share our own!! 

Ive been trying to get a museum job for years whilst finishing off my MA. I just finished 6 months of Conservation assistant at an incredibly well known historic castle but before that it was 2 years of volunteering, volunteering, volunteering... and now ive just gotten a 9 month paid curatorial internship at a museum in my HOMETOWN with a big emphasis on training and development of a further museum career and a chance to lead my own project. I’m so over the moon. I feel giddy about it. And I get to stay home to finish off my thesis on the side. 

Please share your good news!!! 

That sounds amazing, well done!

My own good news is that last month I started an Open University science degree, and whilst I'm only in the very early stages, I've been killing it so far. I've wanted to study a science for years, but I kept getting cold feet about going back to uni in my thirties. Recently I just decided fuck it, life's too short. And I think I might have decided on a possible future career path as well, though that's very tentative at this stage.

2 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

That sounds amazing, well done!

My own good news is that last month I started an Open University science degree, and whilst I'm only in the very early stages, I've been killing it so far. I've wanted to study a science for years, but I kept getting cold feet about going back to uni in my thirties. Recently I just decided fuck it, life's too short. And I think I might have decided on a possible future career path as well, though that's very tentative at this stage.

That sounds wicked!! So glad you decided to start this degree! Sounds great! :D 

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Well I scrolled back until APRIL and didn’t see anything so even if there is a similar  thread I’m making another! I know there’s one for small things that don’t warrant their own thread but I think it’ll be nice to have a place just dedicated to good news. 

This is a place to share good news!!! Specifically good news. I think sometimes it makes us all feel better to see when someone else has had some good news and it also makes us feel better when we share our own!! 

Ive been trying to get a museum job for years whilst finishing off my MA. I just finished 6 months of Conservation assistant at an incredibly well known historic castle but before that it was 2 years of volunteering, volunteering, volunteering... and now ive just gotten a 9 month paid curatorial internship at a museum in my HOMETOWN with a big emphasis on training and development of a further museum career and a chance to lead my own project. I’m so over the moon. I feel giddy about it. And I get to stay home to finish off my thesis on the side. 

Please share your good news!!! 

I am so happy for you Theda. :cheers:

5 hours ago, maarsen said:

I am so happy for you Theda. :cheers:

Thank you!! 2020 is gonna be my year!!! 

6 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

Baby two is well on the way less than 3 months to go now, thankfully it's not me going through being pregnant this time, were having another girl :D.

Wow congrats! :D 

On 11/22/2019 at 5:09 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

ive just gotten a 9 month paid curatorial internship at a museum in my HOMETOWN with a big emphasis on training and development of a further museum career and a chance to lead my own project

Congratulations!

Your persistence in getting on with your ambition clearly shows they are darned lucky to have you on board!

7 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Congratulations!

Your persistence in getting on with your ambition clearly shows they are darned lucky to have you on board!

Thank you so much! I know my parents have often not wanted me to go this route or have gotten frustrated that I don’t seem to be as outwardly successful as my sister but it’s gonna pay off in the end lol! Especially when I end up doing a job I actually love unlike anyone else in my family haha. I’d rather be a bit poorer and happier than more financially stable and miserable in my work 

While searching Wal-Mart for a short string of christmas lights for my norfolk pine, I happened upon "The Amish Christmas Romance" collection (Three novellas in one!).  Perfect gift for the family Christmas day grab bag.  (Well I thought it was a Norfolk pine, but when I googled to confirm, I saw that with the top layer of branches has six equidistant spurs, not five, it may possibly be a Cook Pine?)

Archived