The books coming out in 2021/2022

AncalagonTheBlack

On 11/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Untitled K. J. Parker 1 Paperback – 27 Aug 2020
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Untitled-K-J-Parker-1/dp/0356514382/
The captivating follow-up to the critically acclaimed Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City from World Fantasy Award-winner K. J. Parker

This book has now been given a title (How To Rule An Empire And Get Away With It) and apparently the release has been pushed forward by a week, to August 20. All the info is found in the quoted link, whose page must have been updated since it was posted in the OP.

• 1 month later...

Daniel Abraham's next novel, first book in a new epic fantasy trilogy, will be published by Orbit in hardcover in February 2021:

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=0316421847

The first novel in a major new epic fantasy trilogy from Daniel Abraham - the co-author of the New York Times bestselling Expanse series, and executive producer of the Expanse TV series.

• Daniel Abraham makes up one half of James S. A. Corey, author of the New York Times bestselling science fiction series The Expanse.
  • Abraham's epic fantasy series The Dagger and the Coin has sold well and established Abraham as both a fan favorite and critically acclaimed fantasy author.
  • This will be a great starting point for readers who love his science fiction work and are looking for more of his writing.
  • The novel takes place entirely in one city throughout one tumultuous year, and each book in the trilogy will explore a different character's perspective, which is a unique hook for fantasy readers.
  • Perfect for readers of George R. R. Martin and Patrick Rothfuss.

14 hours ago, Jussi said:

Daniel Abraham's next novel, first book in a new epic fantasy trilogy, will be published by Orbit in hardcover in February 2021:

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=0316421847

Super excited for this! As hyped as I am for the end of The Expanse and for James S.A. Corey's new science fiction series, I'm even more hyped for some more solo Daniel Abraham!

33 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Yup. NO RESULTS FOUND.

I can see it in chrome but not in firefox, odd. 

In any case brilliant news though I do question the press bumpf that the 'one set of events, different perspectives' is a unique one for fantasy - I mean I'm not knocking the idea itself but just last year Marlon James started Dark Star. That's just marketing mind, won't lessen my anticipation of the book any.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

To follow up either isfdb had one hell of a database loss or amazon hasn’t gotten the message everything is on hold.

At the very least, we're getting some excellent music releases to compensate. New albums from Pearl Jam, Tori Amos, Brian Fallon, Birds of Tokyo, and Arctic Monkey have all come out this year. And there's a new Dragon Age novel (Tevinter Nights). Luckily, not everything is on hold. 

But I digress. Isn't there also a new Robert Jackson book out soon? Shorefall, I think?

10 hours ago, IlyaP said:

io9's written up a report on the new books coming out in May. 

https://io9.gizmodo.com/plan-your-escape-to-another-dimension-with-mays-new-sci-1842664568

Yeah see that’s why I think ISFDB may have had some sort of data hickup, cause if it hasn’t, all those books are delayed a year

Edit I will poke around more and also I need to not post when half awake.

18 hours ago, IlyaP said:

there's a new Dragon Age novel (Tevinter Nights)

Short stories.  Uneven, as short story collections are--surprisingly, I was rather disappointed in the one author I hadn't expected to be--but some good reads in there and some tantalizing nuggets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Revealing The Seventh Perfection by Daniel Polansky

https://www.tor.com/2020/04/28/cover-reveals-the-seventh-perfection-by-daniel-polansky/

We’re excited to share the cover for The Seventh Perfection, an innovative, mind-bending fantasy mystery from author Daniel Polansky—arriving September 22nd from Tor.com Publishing!

When a woman with perfect memory sets out to solve a riddle, the threads she tugs on could bring a whole city crashing down. The God-King who made her is at risk, and his other servants will do anything to stop her.

To become the God-King’s Amanuensis, Manet had to master all seven perfections, developing her body and mind to the peak of human performance. She remembers everything that has happened to her, in absolute clarity, a gift that will surely drive her mad. But before she goes, Manet must unravel a secret which threatens not only the carefully prepared myths of the God-King’s ascent, but her own identity and the nature of truth itself.

Savage Legion (Savage Rebellion #1) by Matt Wallace - July 21, 2020
https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=153443920X&page=1

An epic fantasy by Hugo Award–winning author Matt Wallace about a utopian city with a dark secret…and the underdogs who will expose it, or die trying.

They call them Savages. Brutal. Efficient. Expendable.

The empire relies on them. The Savages are the greatest weapon they ever developed. Culled from the streets of their cities, they take the ones no one will miss and throw them, by the thousands, at the empire’s enemies. If they live, they fight again. If they die, there are always more to take their place.

Evie is not a Savage. She’s a warrior with a mission: to find the man she once loved, the man who holds the key to exposing the secret of the Savage Legion and ending the mass conscription of the empire’s poor and wretched.

But to find him, she must become one of them, to be marked in her blood, to fight in their wars, and to find her purpose. Evie will die a Savage if she has to, but not before showing the world who she really is and what the Savage Legion can really do.

Quotes/Reviews
"Savage Legion is the epic fantasy the genre has been waiting for!"—Sarah Gailey, Hugo award winning author of Magic for Liars.
"Wallace deploys an epic tag-team of smack-you-in-the-face fight sequences alongside ingenious world building in this fast-paced first round of a fantasy trilogy taking on—and taking down—the allure of empire."—Kate Elliot, acclaimed author of the Crown of Stars series
"Smart characters and brutal action create an intriguing story about power and the decisions made to keep it." -Library Journal, starred review

Black Sun (Between Earth and Sky #1) by Rebecca Roanhorse - October 13, 2020
https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1534437673&page=1

From the New York Times bestselling author of Star Wars: Resistance Reborn comes the first book in the Between Earth and Sky trilogy, inspired by the civilizations of the Pre-Columbian Americas and woven into a tale of celestial prophecies, political intrigue, and forbidden magic.

A god will return
When the earth and sky converge
Under the black sun

In the holy city of Tova, the winter solstice is usually a time for celebration and renewal, but this year it coincides with a solar eclipse, a rare celestial event proscribed by the Sun Priest as an unbalancing of the world.

Meanwhile, a ship launches from a distant city bound for Tova and set to arrive on the solstice. The captain of the ship, Xiala, is a disgraced Teek whose song can calm the waters around her as easily as it can warp a man’s mind. Her ship carries one passenger. Described as harmless, the passenger, Serapio, is a young man, blind, scarred, and cloaked in destiny. As Xiala well knows, when a man is described as harmless, he usually ends up being a villain.

Crafted with unforgettable characters, Rebecca Roanhorse has created an epic adventure exploring the decadence of power amidst the weight of history and the struggle of individuals swimming against the confines of society and their broken pasts in the most original series debut of the decade.

Archived