The books coming out in 2021/2022

AncalagonTheBlack

5 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Carlos Ruiz Zafón - The City of Mist

I don't understand how it is possible but I didn't know.  I am a huge Ruiz Zafon fan but I had no idea until I looked this up just now.  I feel like going and sitting in the dark for the rest of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

The dangers of preordering a book a long time ago... then more recently hearing that its about to come out and thinking "I should order that."  :lol:

Had two copies of The Fall of Babel by Josiah Bancroft show up today.  :lol:

On 11/1/2021 at 12:08 AM, Garlan the Gallant said:

When does this switch over to 2022?

Now.:D

In anticipation of 2022, which is just around the corner, first let's get the usual suspects out of the way :laugh:

Unknown publication dates:

The Winds of Winter by George R. R. Martin
The Doors of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss
The Thorn of Emberlain by Scott Lynch
Endlords by J. V. Jones

On 11/9/2021 at 11:30 PM, Rhom said:

The dangers of preordering a book a long time ago... then more recently hearing that its about to come out and thinking "I should order that."  :lol:

Had two copies of The Fall of Babel by Josiah Bancroft show up today.  :lol:

At least amazon reminds you that you have already purchased something. So it's not 'entirely' evil. 

On 11/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

In anticipation of 2022, which is just around the corner, first let's get the usual suspects out of the way :laugh:

Unknown publication dates:

The Winds of Winter by George R. R. Martin
The Doors of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss

*Big sigh*

These two in particular have gone so far beyond "unknown" that putting them in the same post as a headline saying 2022 feels like it's building false hope. I remember being disheartened by the lack of conclusive TWoW news in 2013. The quote in my signature was intended to be an accurate gauge of the sentiment at the time, but as time goes on it becomes more and more ironic. It took a few more years before I ever heard about Rothfuss and his tale, though, but what I heard after reading the two books was not very uplifting.

• 1 month later...

So far for 2022 there are only a few on my radar:

All the Seas of the World by Guy Gavriel Kay

Siege of Terra book 7 by Aaron Dembski Bowden and Siege of Terra 8 by Dan Abnett

Day of Ascension by Adrian Tchaikovsky and possibly also his second Final Architecture book

Looking at other favorites:

Are we gonna get Winds of Winter? One can only hope but we did that since 2011. No idea.

No new novel from Abercrombie but it sounds like The Devils will be out in 2023.

Robin Hobb recently said on her blog that she has only written a few short stories the last few years, but hopes that she will find out this winter if she has a final novel left in her ( I really hope so..)

No words from R Scott Bakker.

Hope Endlords by JV Jones comes out, maybe someone can give an update on what she last said. Its not listed yet for 2022.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2022 at 10:50 PM, Teng Ai Hui said:

Has anyone read an ARC of Abraham's Age of Ash yet?  I'm anxious for it to come out on the 15th even though the online reviews that I have seen so far did not ranked it highly.

I have not read it but am also very excited for it. 

Most of Abraham's books aren't as well loved on Goodreads or Amazon as they seem to be here, so I'm not worried if early reviews aren't glowing. I'm quite sure I'll love it. 

It's also very possible that it's a similar situation to A Shadow in Summer, which was a slow burn, not action-heavy character study that provided set up for the rest of the series. On its own, it may not be outstanding but the follow-ups could make it a masterpiece in retrospective. 

On 2/7/2022 at 7:31 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

The Miles Cameron Greek Fantasy book looks interesting. As does that SF novel about Pluto.

Media tie-in paperbacks of Martin's Fire & Blood will be published in July 2022:

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=0593598016

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/714302/fire-and-blood-by-george-r-r-martin/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0593598016

These will have cover art from HBO's House of the Dragon.

New media tie-in mass market paperback editions of Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy will also be published in July 2022:

https://penguinrandomhousehighereducation.com/book/?isbn=9780593500484

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0593500482

Featuring key art from The Rings of Power streaming series—coming September 2022—this new media tie-in edition is perfect for new readers and collectors alike.

The inspiration for the upcoming original series The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.

The dark, fearsome Ringwraiths are searching for a Hobbit. Frodo Baggins knows that they are seeking him and the Ring he bears—the Ring of Power that will enable evil Sauron to destroy all that is good in Middle-earth.

Archived