Jump to content

The books coming out in 2021/2022


AncalagonTheBlack
 Share

Recommended Posts

Still nothing about Book 3 of Philip Pullman's Book of Dust trilogy. However, on 28 April The Imagination Chamber is being published:

"The Imagination Chamber will reveal new scenes set during the events of Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass, as well as companion novels La Belle Sauvage and The Secret Commonwealth."

Hope the process of revisiting his previous works has helped Philip Pullman in the writing process for BOD3. Where is it we wants it now

Edited by dog-days
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dog-days said:

Still nothing about Book 3 of Philip Pullman's Book of Dust trilogy. However, on 28 April The Imagination Chamber is being published:

"The Imagination Chamber will reveal new scenes set during the events of Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass, as well as companion novels La Belle Sauvage and The Secret Commonwealth."

Hope the process of revisiting his previous works has helped Philip Pullman in the writing process for BOD3. Where is it we wants it now

Glad someone else is looking, I keep thinking about this every now and then. It's 2 and a half years maybe since the last book?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Glad someone else is looking, I keep thinking about this every now and then. It's 2 and a half years maybe since the last book?

Yes, I think The Secret Commonwealth came out in autumn 2019 (in the Beforetimes). I think PP must be struggling with it. I rather expect it to be Deathly Hallows sized when it does show up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2022 at 3:32 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I need to do a big run on catching up with North's recent novels (her productivity given the usual high quality of her novels is almost terrifying), but this sounds outstanding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I notice TWOIAF paperback (9780008524920) was listed on edelweiss, amazon and HarperCollins sites (https://www.harpercollins.com.au/9780008524920/the-world-of-ice-and-fire/, https://www.amazon.it/Landscapes-Edward-Holme/dp/0008524920). It was due on May 12 (or May 18), 2022, but now canceled. The information contains many errors and could be just a mistake. Does @Ran know anything about it?

Edited by zionius
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

The Grief of Stones by Katherine Addison is due out on 23 June. Blurb:

"Celehar, The Witness for the Dead of Amalo, stumbles upon a scandal in the city that leads to murder and a journey of discovery, loss and love.

Celehar’s life as the Witness for the Dead of Amalo grows less isolated as his circle of friends grows larger. He has been given an apprentice to teach, and he has stumbled over a scandal of the city—the foundling girls. Orphans with no family to claim them and no funds to buy an apprenticeship. Foundling boys go to the Prelacies; foundling girls are sold into service, or worse.

At once touching and shattering, Celehar’s witnessing for one of these girls will lead him into the depths of his own losses.

The love of his friends will lead him out again."

Addison already has plans for a third Celehar book, so it looks as if he's effectively becoming her lead detective in a crime series. Fine by me!

Edited by dog-days
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Readers of this thread might be interested to know that Locus magazine has recently begun a YouTube channel, and its main use is to put up a video discussion every week of books in the science fiction, fantasy, and horror genres that are being released that week:

https://www.youtube.com/c/LocusMagazine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greg Keyes has written the first epic/high fantasy novel since The Born Queen (2008).

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/708192/the-basilisk-throne-by-greg-keyes/

 

The Basilisk Throne will be published by Titan Books in April 2023.

Quote

Master and Commander meets A Game of Thrones and Pirates of the Carribean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2022 at 11:40 PM, Jussi said:

Greg Keyes has written the first epic/high fantasy novel since The Born Queen (2008).

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/708192/the-basilisk-throne-by-greg-keyes/

 

The Basilisk Throne will be published by Titan Books in April 2023.

I’m cautious. His last fantasy series started well, but the last book fell off a cliff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Anyone heard of or read this? Sounds suspiciously like the Kingkiller books! Even the cover is very similar. :ph34r:

The First Binding (Tales of Tremaine, Book 1) by R. R. Virdi (Tor Books)

https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250796172/thefirstbinding

Quote

All legends are born of truths. And just as much lies. These are mine. Judge me for what you will. But you will hear my story first.

I buried the village of Ampur under a mountain of ice and snow. Then I killed their god. I've stolen old magics and been cursed for it. I started a war with those that walked before mankind and lost the princess I loved, and wanted to save. I've called lightning and bound fire. I am legend. And I am a monster.

My name is Ari.And this is the story of how I let loose the first evil.

Thus begins the tale of a storyteller and a singer on the run and hoping to find obscurity in a tavern bar. But the sins of their past aren't forgotten, and neither are their enemies. Their old lives are catching up swiftly and it could cost them the entire world. No one can escape their pasts and all stories must have an ending.

 

Edited by AncalagonTheBlack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Anyone heard of or read this? Sounds suspiciously like the Kingkiller books! Even the cover is very similar. :ph34r:

The First Binding (Tales of Tremaine, Book 1) by R. R. Virdi (Tor Books)

https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250796172/thefirstbinding

 

There is a review on Goodreads that basically said every major thing that happened to Kvothe in the past happened to the main character there. He still liked it though...

Edited by Mexal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...