Just Another R+L=D (and J) Theory - detailed

Marysa Blackfyre

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

No, it couldn’t. At least not in this specific story by this specific author, since there are literally zero clues or hints pointing to that. So, for that to be true, it would require Martin to do a major asspull, and that’s definitely not his style. 

Why couldn't it?  Here's a major clue.  Everyone that ever meets Jon pegs him as a STARK.

Nobody ever assumes he is a Targaryen.  EVER!

11 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’m not even sure there’s some sort of deal or arrangement between the WWs and Craster. I think Craster is full of shit, and sure, he tells his daughter-wives a bunch of stuff they seem to believe in, but I think he is above all else preemptively getting rid of future competition/antagonists. 

That's very possible. He kept his wives under control by terrorizing them, so, yeah, quite the charmer. It's funny how Craster hates Rattleshirt, though, isn't it? I'm not saying he's one of the sons, but I wonder if he tried to steal one of the daughters/wives.

7 minutes ago, Ahl of the House Cutler said:

Why couldn't it?  Here's a major clue.  Everyone that ever meets Jon pegs him as a STARK.

It is a major clue. Only it’s a major clue for R+L=J. 

Jon and Arya are the only Stark kids who have the Stark look, and Arya not only looks like Lyanna but has a similar personality. It’s a case of 2+2=4, not 378.

12 minutes ago, Ahl of the House Cutler said:

Craster has deals everywhere. 

Does he? 

With the Others,

Remains to be proven and explained. 

with the Nights Watch,

Some men in the NW know he leaves his boys to die in the woods, that’s basically what we have been shown so far That doesn’t mean they have a deal. 

and with the Wildings. 

The Free Folk despise Craster, and view him as more like the kneelers to the South than one of their own. 

“It wasn’t Longspear, then?” Jon was relieved. He liked Longspear, with his homely face and friendly ways.
She punched him. “That’s vile. Would you bed your sister?”
“Longspear’s not your brother.”

He’s of my village. You know nothing, Jon Snow. A true man steals a woman from afar, t’ strengthen the clan. Women who bed brothers or fathers or clan kin offend the gods, and are cursed with weak and sickly children. Even monsters.”
Craster weds his daughters,” Jon pointed out.
She punched him again. “Craster’s more your kind than ours. His father was a crow who stole a woman out of Whitetree village, but after he had her he flew back t’ his Wall. She went t’ Castle Black once t’ show the crow his son, but the brothers blew their horns and run her off. Craster’s blood is black, and he bears a heavy curse.”

Mormont at the very least KNEW that he was sacrificing his boys to the Others, and I would assume the wildings knew too, or else they would have taken over his Keep and stole his daughters.  

As I said above, what we do know is that some of the men in the NW know he leaves the boys in the woods. The Free Folk May know that as well. The rest is speculation fuelled in part by the abomination. 

15 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

As I said above, what we do know is that some of the men in the NW know he leaves the boys in the woods. The Free Folk May know that as well. The rest is speculation fuelled in part by the abomination. 

This. Mormont knows he leaves his sons out to die in the woods, from his men, but that is as far as it goes. There is no evidence that Mormont actually knows what that means , as in he doesn't necessarily know it to mean the way Gilly tries to explain to Jon. And it's doubtful Craster himself knows what happens to his sons. We don't even know that yet. We do know that when he runs out of sons, he leaves sheep and dogs in the woods. Seems to me Craster might believe the Cold Gods eat his sons.

PS I want to see that army of ice sheep! :drool:

7 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

This. Mormont knows he leaves his sons out to die in the woods, from his men, but that is as far as it goes. There is no evidence that Mormont actually knows what that means , as in he doesn't necessarily know it to mean the way Gilly tries to explain to Jon. And it's doubtful Craster himself knows what happens to his sons. We don't even know that yet. We do know that when he runs out of sons, he leaves sheep and dogs in the woods. Seems to me Craster might believe the Cold Gods eat his sons.

Which aligns with Old Nan's tale about the Others feeding the human children to the wights.

17 hours ago, Ahl of the House Cutler said:

That's damn sexist towards the matrilineal heritage. Woman is important, too!

(Funny how Jon's supposed lack of Targ looks is always an argument but Robb or Sansa's lack of Starkness isn't)

18 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Damn. Need some memory pills ASAP. :lol:

Don't forget about Tywin :D

Or he knows that Rhaegar had nothing to do with Lyanna's disappearance.   Lyanna's wolf blood could've led her to fucking her brother, too.  

And Ned apparently not only approved but considered it the right thing to do, so he honoured their union by giving them statues in the tombs like no other lord ever did?

18 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

That's damn sexist towards the matrilineal heritage. Woman is important, too!

(Funny how Jon's supposed lack of Targ looks is always an argument but Robb or Sansa's lack of Starkness isn't)

And Ned apparently not only approved but considered it the right thing to do, so he honoured their union by giving them statues in the tombs like no other lord ever did?

Yes! Why would Jon looking like a Stark be an indicator that Lyanna slept with her brother?! Lyanna IS a Stark! So it's not unlikely for her child to look like a Stark. My kids look like my husband but that isn't because he slept with his sister, it's because they have his dna also & it is his dna that apparently is more dominant. Arya also looks like a Stark but no one suggests she was born from 2 Stark parents lol

I got it! Jon & Arya are Lyanna & Benjen's or Ned's. Robb & Sansa are Catelyn & Edmure's! or maybe Hoster's? It all makes sense now. 

23 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

:bang:

And Aerys! Because, why not? 

Apparently Lyanna is harder to keep up w/ than the Kardashians! :laugh:

1 minute ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

My kids look like my husband but that isn't because he slept with his sister

:rofl:

Right well they peg him as a Stark because he has a Stark mother, not because both of his parents are Starks. If he looked like a Targaryen the whole plot would be dismantled. Plot wise he has to look like a Stark or he cannot be passed off as Ned's bastard & if he looks like a Targaryen he isn't safe. 

This isn't a point towards Lyanna having an incestual relationship with one of her brothers anymore than Robb & Sansa looking like Cat is an indicator that she had an incestual relationship with her brother. 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

:bang:

Apparently Lyanna is harder to keep up w/ than the Kardashians! :laugh:

:rofl:

Well you know, that lusty wolf blood can't be contained. I'm pretty sure she would have been eyeing Jaime as well so she probably slept with him too. 

2 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I got it! Jon & Arya are Lyanna & Benjen's or Ned's.  

Nonsense. Lyanna was not available, so Ned & Benjen's. Prove me wrong. :D

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Damn, forgot about that one (and Robert). No wonder that Lyanna gave birth to Jon, Dany, Meera, Aegon, Ned Dayne, Allyria and anyone else of the right age.

55 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

Nonsense. Lyanna was not available, so Ned & Benjen's. Prove me wrong. :D

Ahh, ya got me there. 

55 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

Damn, forgot about that one (and Robert). No wonder that Lyanna gave birth to Jon, Dany, Meera, Aegon, Ned Dayne, Allyria and anyone else of the right age.

Yes! 

Just now, Ahl of the House Cutler said:

I can't wait for the R+L=J theory to blow up in everyone's faces.

Tbh I would love if it isn't true. It could happen, it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

I don't mind it to be true I would just like to be surprised. 

But for something else to be true there has to be some indication of it, some evidence previously, some foreshadowing. For instance, if Jon's mother really is Wylla & father is Ned - it wouldn't be very rewarding & there would take some explaining as to why the big secret, what happened to Lyanna, what was the promise etc but there is evidence that indicates this could be the truth. There just is not any evidence to suggest Jon is the product of Lyanna & one of her siblings. 

I don't think Lyanna slept with Brandon. There was no indication. 

Also, all the R+L=J "evidences" were planted by GRRM to be misleading. They are all intentionally vague. 

I think most pushers of R+L=J theory just Jon to be king. 

3 minutes ago, 1908 said:

Also, all the R+L=J "evidences" were planted by GRRM to be misleading. They are all intentionally vague. 

There are hints and clues and red herrings surrounding the mystery of Jon’s parentage. Yes, Martin is deliberately vague and leaves room for speculation, otherwise it wouldn’t be a mystery. But R+L=J is by and large the most satisfying solution, and the one that fits best and checks all the boxes [that can be checked at this point]. All of the other possibilities fail to explain one or more aspects of the mystery, and several “theories” are clearly impossible. Not that that little detail will stop people from defending them vigorously. 

3 minutes ago, 1908 said:

I think most pushers of R+L=J theory just Jon to be king. 

I have no doubts whatsoever that R+L=J, and the last thing I want is for Jon to be king of the 7K. 

Archived