It's that time of the year again - let's decorate our tree!

Buckwheat

Looks like everybody on here and all of my roommates/neighbours have converted me and I also start this game every year a bit earlier now ... Hmph. My neighbours have all started to play Christmas-themed songs in the shared spaces and the city is lit and decorated (they have some dubious Christmas-trees here, I tell you) already, and the shops are all selling Christmassy crap, so I guess it's time:

Welcome to the tree-decorating corner of Westeros!

This is already the fourth time we play this game, all players old and new are welcome! The aim of this thread is to decorate the tree together, make it as pretty and creative as possible. :)

For those who have forgotten the rules, and for the new people who don't know what in seven hells I'm on about, the rules I'm shamelessly stealing from past-me:

The rules

1. This is the template for our tree.

2. The first person to play downloads the template from the imgur link I posted under 1. Every next person downloads the picture the player before them posted.

3. Open the picture in Paint, Photoshop or any other picture editing program. Draw decorations on it: You can add colour, an ornament, background, presents ... whatever you like and whatever you think suits our tree.

4. Save the new picture (in the jpg-format) and upload it to imgur.com. Post a direct link to the picture into this thread.

5. The next person repeats the process adding decorations to your picture etc. You can play as many times as you want.

Some reasonable guidelines about picture standards:

a) Do not change the size of the picture.

b ) Do not add explicitly sexual or violent material. I want this game to stay completely safe for children and work and common decency and stuff.

c) Try not to cover the whole tree with decorations in the first few steps, some space must be left for the next players too.

č) Do not cover/erase other people's contributions.

d) Pasting parts of other pictures/photos into this picture is allowed.

e) Using imagination is welcome.

Here's what we managed to do in the past few years: 2016 2017 2018

Have a lot of fun playing! I am looking forward to any and all contributions. :) Happy Hamoulimepp, lindwurms! :commie: 

Yay, contributions! Thank you. :)

@RhaenysBee, should I know who that guy in the bauble is?

@Knight of Ashes, any chance you could upload the picture again in the same size as the original was? I think you made it much smaller, which makes it harder to see Rhae's contribution and for the next players to add anything. Interesting choice of colour, though. May I ask what technique you used to achieve this effect?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

@RhaenysBee, should I know who that guy in the bauble is?

@Knight of Ashes, any chance you could upload the picture again in the same size as the original was? I think you made it much smaller, which makes it harder to see Rhae's contribution and for the next players to add anything. Interesting choice of colour, though. May I ask what technique you used to achieve this effect?

If you ever watched Gossip Girl, yes. If not, no.  

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

@RhaenysBee

I don't think I did anything to the size unless the photo editor I used did it automatically.

I used PicsArt and then LightX for the flare.

4 minutes ago, Knight of Ashes said:

I don't think I did anything to the size unless the photo editor I used did it automatically.

I used PicsArt and then Pixir.

It must have, cause if you compare the sizes of your and RB's picture, you will see yours is smaller.

Anyway, I have some fancy new version of Paint on this computer and wil have to figure out how it works one of these days. Maybe I will manage it on the weekend. Don't really have inspiration and don't know what to add right now ...

3 hours ago, felice said:

How's this? I've resized and merged the two images, and added an Angel to the top of the tree :D

https://imgur.com/a/4DGowjd

It is great. :D Thank you.

What kind of an angel is a blue square?

I am trying to add something too, but it doesn't work because the colour scheme of the background is far too complicated for me and when I add something, the edges look awful. :( 

10 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

What kind of an angel is a blue square?

The Fifth kind! (The Sixth in Rebuild, and aka Ramiel)

10 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am trying to add something too, but it doesn't work because the colour scheme of the background is far too complicated for me and when I add something, the edges look awful. :( 

If you PM me the image you want to add, I'll see what I can do with it. Use the largest available version, not one resized to fit the tree.

9 hours ago, felice said:

The Fifth kind! (The Sixth in Rebuild, and aka Ramiel)

If you PM me the image you want to add, I'll see what I can do with it. Use the largest available version, not one resized to fit the tree.

Nah, I want to do it myself. This is the point of this game, that everybody adds something. ;)

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't know this angel either, but sure, cool.

@Count Balerion @honeyed chicken @Jez Bell @Pebble thats Stubby @Meera of Tarth @Philokles @rocksniffer and others, come help us decorate!

Looking good. Maybe I should make time to read your instructions and see if I can figure out how to make a good bauble for your tree. :)

Archived