The New Pope [The sequel to The Young Pope with Jude Law]

Veltigar

Everyone, amazing news!

HBO has just announced a release date to the sequel to 2017's phenomenal The Young Pope with Jude Law.

It starts on the 13th of January... Get hyped! :commie: 

EDIT: https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62699876?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=b688335a-3266-4b15-ab7b-ab8edbc4b1c4&pf_rd_r=75QB03N6W3H4NQ8MC6NS&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_tp5

Just now, RumHam said:

I need to re-watch the original cause I remember feeling like I understood maybe 60% of it. 

that's a high number :D

But a good idea to do a rewatch. I'm trying to avoid that nowadays, but for this I might make an exception :D 

17 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I started The Young Pope, got about halfway, and stopped, which is weird because I was enjoying it immensely. Might be the prodding I need to finish that up before this comes out.

Also got Sorrentino's Loro sitting next to my laptop should watch that.

The second half of the Young Pope is the best part :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 9:16 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

It looks visually stunning and I'm so happy Jude Law is back. I thought it would only be a cameo or something lame, but this is delightful :)

55 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I'm halfway through the Young Pope and its absolutely gorgeous in so many ways. Can't wait to finish it to get to see Malkovich Malkovic

I'm going to rewatch some of it this weekend :D Looking forward to it :)

First episode was strange. It's still as stylish and wonderfully weird as ever but 

Spoiler

I do miss Pius XIII's presence so far. He really anchored the madness for me, so I'm curious whether I will be able to adjust to the show's camp without someone being there to guide me through it. Also sad that Cecile de France has short hair in this ;) 

Episode 2 will be dealt with tomorrow :) 

The second episode is now in my past. I'm not feeling it that much so far to be honest. The style is still amazing, but it reminds me more of La Grande Belezza than of the Young Pope. It lacks the spiritual depth and introspectiveness of the original, which was provided by Lenny. The political plotting and the style are nicely done, but they are not enough to make it as much of a stone cold classic as the first series.

I haven't raced to watch this.  I was quite bemused by the first season, but that's come and gone.

Besides, a very little Malkovich goes a very long way.

And then there's these other two popes, and I dunno, there's just too many popes at the moment.

Voiello is one of my favorite tv characters. He is such a worm :) 

Francis II was hilarious. He is the greatest fear of the entrenched Vatican hierarchy. When that Cardinal rolled his eyes at Francis II's reading of St. Francis, I nearly lost it. And the Franciscan bodyguards.

Archived