Dunk deserved her

#1dolFAN

I find it quite disturbing to talk about relationships in terms of “deserving”... I mean, Rohanne Webber is a woman, not a prize. A person, not a possession. A subject, not an object. And so on.

But I digress. I actually came here to say I agree with you, I would have liked to see Rohanne and Dunk having a relationship. Maybe they did get together in the end, years later, after Rohanne Lannister disappeared without a trace... maybe she escaped her castle to live a forbidden love affair with the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard?

On 11/27/2019 at 9:59 AM, Lady Dacey said:

I find it quite disturbing to talk about relationships in terms of “deserving”... I mean, Rohanne Webber is a woman, not a prize. A person, not a possession. A subject, not an object. And so on.

Normally I would agree with you, but she literally rues that he's not "better born." So it is *literally* a value judgment by her on something he has no control over.

On 27. November 2019 at 4:59 PM, Lady Dacey said:

But I digress. I actually came here to say I agree with you, I would have liked to see Rohanne and Dunk having a relationship. Maybe they did get together in the end, years later, after Rohanne Lannister disappeared without a trace... maybe she escaped her castle to live a forbidden love affair with the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard?

I agree and I also don't like it btw, when ppl refer to women as things. Not that OP would care about my opinion here. But I just thought I'd share ;) Not to be taken to seriously though, please. 

3 hours ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

Normally I would agree with you, but she literally rues that he's not "better born." So it is *literally* a value judgment by her on something he has no control over.

Only this post is not by Rohanne Webber, it was instead written by a 21st century book-reader. 

In-universe, if we look at it through a watsonian lens, Dunk does not deserve her. 

In the real world, if we discuss it through a doylist perspective, we should not be talking about a woman as a thing one can deserve or not. 

13 hours ago, Lady Dacey said:

Only this post is not by Rohanne Webber, it was instead written by a 21st century book-reader. 

In-universe, if we look at it through a watsonian lens, Dunk does not deserve her. 

In the real world, if we discuss it through a doylist perspective, we should not be talking about a woman as a thing one can deserve or not. 

In the real world, if we discuss it through a doylist perspective, we should not be talking about a man as a thing one can deserve or not. 

Fixed that for you. If what you got out of that passage was that Lady Rohanne was something to be deserved, I can't really explain to you why GRRM didn't intend that and how obvious that should be.

3 hours ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

In the real world, if we discuss it through a doylist perspective, we should not be talking about a man as a thing one can deserve or not. 

Fixed that for you. If what you got out of that passage was that Lady Rohanne was something to be deserved, I can't really explain to you why GRRM didn't intend that and how obvious that should be.

I’m not commenting on GRRM, I’m commenting on the OP’s choice of words. 

On 11/29/2019 at 10:32 AM, Nagini's Neville said:

I agree and I also don't like it btw, when ppl refer to women as things. Not that OP would care about my opinion here. But I just thought I'd share ;) Not to be taken to seriously though, please. 

I respect your opinion. I’m just in Dunk’s corner so when I see him fall for a girl, whether it be Miss “Too Tall” (but she wasn’t too tall for him) or Lady Rohanne, whom I speak of being deserving of him, I consider me calling her a “prize” a compliment. His actions in protecting her and his kind conduct towards her compels me to feel that a match between them would be “well deserved”.. on both ends, really!

Alas, the medieval red-tape of aristocracy.

On 11/26/2019 at 8:10 PM, #1dolFAN said:

Man oh man I still see Sir Duncan hooking up with The Red Widow in my dreams :crying:

She was a cute lil freckled nosed thing :wub:

We have a big difference of opinion in what is cute! Oh very well, I suppose it's how Duncan sees her.  Peace there O/P.  :D

3 hours ago, Dothraki Khal said:

We have a big difference of opinion in what is cute! Oh very well, I suppose it's how Duncan sees her.  Peace there O/P.  :D

You didn’t see her illustration in A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms? She WAS cute! Especially with that long, long braid just made for tuggin’ on  =P

Archived