Jump to content
Mario Seddy

What if Daenerys invaded Westeros when Robert was alive ?

Recommended Posts

Dany invades westeros when Robert is king. Jon Arryn and Ned Stark are still alive (they don't find about cersei's children). Dany still has an army of 100,000 dothraki and 8000 unsullied and 3 dragons (they're final season size).How will the coalition of Baratheon/Stark/Lannister/Arryn/Tully deal with her ? Who will the reach side with? How many lords will flock to the targaryen banners once again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 12:10 AM, Mario Seddy said:

Dany invades westeros when Robert is king. Jon Arryn and Ned Stark are still alive (they don't find about cersei's children). Dany still has an army of 100,000 dothraki and 8000 unsullied and 3 dragons (they're final season size).How will the coalition of Baratheon/Stark/Lannister/Arryn/Tully deal with her ? Who will the reach side with? How many lords will flock to the targaryen banners once again? 

  • There would not be a coalition.  It will be the Starks, Baratheons, Arryns, and Tullys on their own. Minus their bannermen.  Their bannermen would have abandoned them to make a deal with Queen Daenerys.  So yeah, about two dozen men and women against 108,000 troops.
  • The Reach have no issues with the Targaryens.  They will side with Daenerys. 
  • I would say all of the lords will flock to the dragon banner except the Starks, Baratheons, Arryns, and Tullys.  Team SBAT (Stark, Bartheon, Arryn, Tully) will be the bad guys in this fight for resisting the Targaryen restoration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tywin makes his gold shout. Or he will promise bounties to anyone who kills VIPs among that invading horde and so Dany would be killed by some greedy person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:
  • There would not be a coalition.  It will be the Starks, Baratheons, Arryns, and Tullys on their own. Minus their bannermen.  Their bannermen would have abandoned them to make a deal with Queen Daenerys.  So yeah, about two dozen men and women against 108,000 troops.
  •  The Reach have no issues with the Targaryens.  They will side with Daenerys. 
  • I would say all of the lords will flock to the dragon banner except the Starks, Baratheons, Arryns, and Tullys.  Team SBAT (Stark, Bartheon, Arryn, Tully) will be the bad guys in this fight for resisting the Targaryen restoration. 

I will find incredibly unlikely that anyone welcomes a dothraki warlord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:
  • There would not be a coalition.  It will be the Starks, Baratheons, Arryns, and Tullys on their own. Minus their bannermen.  Their bannermen would have abandoned them to make a deal with Queen Daenerys.  So yeah, about two dozen men and women against 108,000 troops.
  • The Reach have no issues with the Targaryens.  They will side with Daenerys. 
  • I would say all of the lords will flock to the dragon banner except the Starks, Baratheons, Arryns, and Tullys.  Team SBAT (Stark, Bartheon, Arryn, Tully) will be the bad guys in this fight for resisting the Targaryen restoration. 

The starks will be supported by their loyal bannermen and the arryns too have loyal bannermen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hire a Faceless Man to get rid of Dany. Adopt the Dornish way of dealing with dragons. That leaves the Unsullied and Dothraki to deal with and Westeros as a whole should have no trouble uniting against those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mario Seddy said:

The starks will be supported by their loyal bannermen and the arryns too have loyal bannermen 

I doubt that.  Those bannermen will see an opportunity to topple their lords.  We saw how much loyalty counted during the war of the five kings. Messages will be going back and forth between the two sides.  Martell, Littlefinger, Roose, Mace, Frey, Darry, Goodbrooke will send their emissaries offering support and asking for favors after the victory.  Lysa would poison Jon Arryn and side with the Targaryen in exchange for the promise of safety for Sweetrobin.  The Goodbrookes and the Darrys will want to be returned to their former status and revenge on the Tullys.  Roose will offer to klll the Starks to take their place and get Ramsay legitimized. Archmaester Marwyn will poison all of the antidragon people at the Citadel.  Walder will ask for Harrenhaal.  Littlefinger will ask for Riverun.  Tyrion will betray his family in return for Casterly Rock. All are reasonable requests and will be granted. War and regime change are opportunities for advancement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 12:10 AM, Mario Seddy said:

Dany invades westeros when Robert is king. Jon Arryn and Ned Stark are still alive (they don't find about cersei's children). Dany still has an army of 100,000 dothraki and 8000 unsullied and 3 dragons (they're final season size).How will the coalition of Baratheon/Stark/Lannister/Arryn/Tully deal with her ? Who will the reach side with? How many lords will flock to the targaryen banners once again? 

So ignoring the logistics of moving 100K Dothraki and their horses across the ocean . . . . you might add the former slaves turned soldiers.  It will be a force greater than your estimate.  The dragons are not needed except to prove her true identity as the daughter of House Targaryen and the heir to Westeros, the sister of the last king, Viserys Targaryen, daughter of Aerys and Rhaella.  The resistance will be mild because I agree with the above prediction.  Most of the houses will support the restoration because it will open chances to move up, gain some ground, and get even with their enemies.  I obviously cannot see the Baratheons, Starks, and Arryns falling in line with this and they will fight as hard as they can, until their bannerman betrays them.  For sure, the Boltons and perhaps the Dustins will turn on the Starks.  Goodbrook, Darry, and Frey would turn on the Tullys.  The Martells are on board the restoration.  The Iron Islands will negotiate a deal and lend their support in attacking the North. Tyrosh and Pentos are joining the action to remove the Baratheons and restore the dragon to the throne.  Joffrey would marry Sansa in this hypothetical story.  I suppose the Lannisters will side with the Baratheons.  But they will lose the support of the Tyrells.  As far as "final season size", the show doesn't count on this forum.  I will assume big enough to ride and spit flames.  They are the symbol of Targaryen power and as we have read in the books, many want to see them and behold their magnificence.  The only ones who would not want their return are the Starks and the families you mentioned.   I don't care for any of those families and I would be fine with them getting baked with dragon fire inside their castles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 12:09 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

I doubt that.  Those bannermen will see an opportunity to topple their lords.  We saw how much loyalty counted during the war of the five kings. Messages will be going back and forth between the two sides.  Martell, Littlefinger, Roose, Mace, Frey, Darry, Goodbrooke will send their emissaries offering support and asking for favors after the victory.  Lysa would poison Jon Arryn and side with the Targaryen in exchange for the promise of safety for Sweetrobin.  The Goodbrookes and the Darrys will want to be returned to their former status and revenge on the Tullys.  Roose will offer to klll the Starks to take their place and get Ramsay legitimized. Archmaester Marwyn will poison all of the antidragon people at the Citadel.  Walder will ask for Harrenhaal.  Littlefinger will ask for Riverun.  Tyrion will betray his family in return for Casterly Rock. All are reasonable requests and will be granted. War and regime change are opportunities for advancement. 

Robert, Ned, Jon Arryn, Jaime, Stannis, Tywin, Hoster, and Renly will get cremated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 12:10 AM, Mario Seddy said:

Dany invades westeros when Robert is king. Jon Arryn and Ned Stark are still alive (they don't find about cersei's children). Dany still has an army of 100,000 dothraki and 8000 unsullied and 3 dragons (they're final season size).How will the coalition of Baratheon/Stark/Lannister/Arryn/Tully deal with her ? Who will the reach side with? How many lords will flock to the targaryen banners once again? 

It would be tough (very tough with Robert Baratheon, Jon Arryn, Ned Stark and Tywin Lannister at the helm) but she'd win out. Eventually Dorne will flock to the Targaryen banner in a heartbeat. Mace Tyrell has two sons who are unmarried so the majority of the Reach will turn. The southernmost areas of the Riverlands and parts of the Crownlands will turn as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would not be too tough. Visenya, Rhaenys, and Aegon had less resources and it wasn’t that difficult for them. Except for Dorne. But Dorne will side with the Targaryen armies this time around.  Count in the sell swords and former slaves who are currently in training. Benerro might send along his contingents to deal with the faith. At least half the nobles of Westeros would support Daenerys for various reasons. Bolton slays Ned and Robb. Frey, Darry, Goodbrook slays Hoster and Edmure. Somebody in Eyrie will remove the Arryns. Lysa herself in order to protect little robin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Unit A2 said:

Robert, Ned, Jon Arryn, Jaime, Stannis, Tywin, Hoster, and Renly will get cremated.  

Scatter their ashes over Flea Bottom.  Give Storm's End, Winterfell, Riverrun, and Casterly Rock to those who supported the return of the dragon.  Lysa and Sweetrobin can inherit the Vale.   

4 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

It would not be too tough. Visenya, Rhaenys, and Aegon had less resources and it wasn’t that difficult for them. Except for Dorne. But Dorne will side with the Targaryen armies this time around.  Count in the sell swords and former slaves who are currently in training. Benerro might send along his contingents to deal with the faith. At least half the nobles of Westeros would support Daenerys for various reasons. Bolton slays Ned and Robb. Frey, Darry, Goodbrook slays Hoster and Edmure. Somebody in Eyrie will remove the Arryns. Lysa herself in order to protect little robin.

Bennerro and his Fiery Hand against the High Sparrow and the Faith.  Should be interesting but I would rather see the Fiery Hand beat the Old Gods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×