Gun Control

Pebble thats Stubby

12 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I think it doesn't help with the way media doesn't call enough attention to this fact. There's also politicians who exploit the idea of America’s crime rate being out of control in an effort to get people to vote for them.

There's also the belief of in the face government oppression the accessibility to firearms would be key to combating it.

Which in my opinion...eh.

Access to Firearms certainly could be a part. I think people generally over-rely on them. 

In terms of violent resistance with the use of guns, I struggle to to think of any point where in centuries since the American Revolution war where the public’s access to guns prevented oppression, or been much of a catalyst to end oppression within the US.

In the face of the Supreme Court saying it's ok for government to jail people for saying the draft was immoral the mass public with ready access to firearms did nothing. 

In the face of Japanese being sent to concentration camps the public also did nothing. 

Hell I’ve seen a person justify such a violation of rights, while simultaneously arguing guns are needed to prevent  tyranny.

I genuinely think if the government decided to lock up or kill off gays, most of those who say they'd commit an arm resistance in the face of government abusing its citizens would do nothing.

Because to many of them gays are sinners.

If government started banning certain religions that don't worship the Judeo-Christian version of God I imagine most them would justify it.

Because to many of them, being a good Christian entails them trying to get  special treatment from government. 

If the government started imprisoning people who burned the American flag most would glorify it.

Because many of them fashion good ole fashion patriots.   

It just seems so long the groups being oppressed aren't Christian, white, straight males positioned on the Right, many people gleefully anticipating the possibility of overthrowing the government won't do anything-hell they may join in the oppression.

In those cases I think the government's actions had the support of the majority of the population.  Even after the Kent state shooting the public opinion was largely against the students.  

If the government wants to enact tyranny that has the majority population's support, typically suppression of a minority, there's not a lot the minority can do about it.   Even if the supreme court rules on your side, they don't have the power to enforce anything. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I have, no shit, found a gun hidden in the attic of this place. Previous owner's maybe. Must do research on this.

I hope you don't find out that ballistics link you to Jimmy Hoffa or some such thing. 

23 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Don't be a worry wart.

Free gun man! Research reveals:

.357 magnum Interarms revolver.

(Made in Brazil)

What condition is it in?  Was it in any sort of container?  Loaded?  Odd place to put a pistol.

Archived