Major incident on London Bridge

Derfel Cadarn

Apparently the guy was wearing a fake suicide vest. If that’s true calling it a terrorist incident seems fair enough.

ETA: It also sounds like he was wrestled to the ground by some bystanders prior to the police arriving. If that’s true they may have prevented it from being a lot worse.

22 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

ETA: It also sounds like he was wrestled to the ground by some bystanders prior to the police arriving. If that’s true they may have prevented it from being a lot worse.

Video before he was killed shows him being held on the floor by about 6-8 people. 

Whilst I’m sure that it must be a weight on their minds I think the Police Officers made the right decision, a big thank you to them and the brave other people who tackled this guy to the ground and disarmed him and RIP to the very unfortunate victims of this guy :(.

The two people who died make this a terrible tragedy.

But seeing half a dozen Londoners jump on the guy and overpower him despite the risk of being stabbed or blown up is quite inspirational. One of them (who is Polish) even grabbed a (not kidding here) four-foot-long Narwhal tusk from a museum display and battered the guy with it. There seems to have been a determination not to let more people be hurt.

44 minutes ago, Essan said:

Yes, I do think all would-be pathetic murderers should see what happens (before you get shot and go to hell)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7741147/Kitchen-worker-called-Luckasz-grabbed-narwhal-tusk-used-tackle-London-Bridge-terrorist.html

Of course the Mail spelled his name wrong.

1 hour ago, Maltaran said:

I saw a report that one of the other guys who jumped on the attacker is a convicted murderer who was out on day release.

Seemingly he had been attending the same 'rehabilitation of prisoners' meeting the attacker had been and started his attack at.

6 hours ago, Conflicting Thought said:

Why did they kill him? 

Because that is protocol when someone is wearing what looks like a suicide vest. 

This whole thing is some beyond film plot weirdness though, with one of the 'heroes' being a convicted murderer who was out for the day. 

Noway the convict finishes his whole sentence, what a brilliant way to get some time lopped off:D

Eta: We always are quick to dehumanize the fallen, homeless, mentally ill, convicts, but they have some of the same thoughts we do. The man made a mistake but he bravely showed he fealt the same way as ordinary citizens about stopping an attack on innocents. Were I on a parole board, you can bet I would reward that.

10 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Noway the convict finishes his whole sentence, what a brilliant way to get some time lopped off:D

Eta: We always are quick to dehumanize the fallen, homeless, mentally ill, convicts, but they have some of the same thoughts we do. The man made a mistake but he bravely showed he fealt the same way as ordinary citizens about stopping an attack on innocents. Were I on a parole board, you can bet I would reward that.

He slashed some poor young girl's throat 

Archived