#1dolFAN

It’s my first time

Yeah so I am a superfan of the Song of Ice and Fire series. Completely captivated by the universe that George Martin blessed us with. Read all the prequels, source material, additional literature. Waiting to get my House Targaryen tattoo. But believe it or not, I had never watched the HBO TV series. So I decided to make this post to take ya’ll on a journey of a true fan experiencing the show for the first time. It shall be epic.

Ok so by the time I started this post, I had already gotten to episode 8 (season 1 of course) so some thoughts so far:

The internal conflict of Theon’s struggle/pride of being a friend to the Starks yet that not erasing the fact of him ultimately being a ward/captive plays out beautifully on the show. Great actor.

Rickon is older on the show than I visualized in the books.

Jesus Christ does Joffrey have such a contemptible look to him.. kind of guy you want to punch in the face and you don’t even know him!

Sansa makes me cringe with her naive jabber and idealistic views on some perfect world that only exists in her head.

Catelyn Stark is a perfect example of the three-dimensional qualities of the characters. She is such an honorable person who cherishes her marriage and her children, yet she is completely unfair and downright cruel to Jon.

Holy crap is the acting top-notch. And I am somewhat surprised yet not disappointed by the frequency of nudity

( . )( . )

Series 1 was good, even w/ a few red flags in plain view. For me series 2 was when it all started to go pear-shaped, and it only went downhill from there, with series 4 being the last “watchable” one, and 5, 6, 7, and 8 being absolute dumb idiotic rubbish. :)

14 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Series 1 was good, even w/ a few red flags in plain view. For me series 2 was when it all started to go pear-shaped, and it only went downhill from there, with series 4 being the last “watchable” one, and 5, 6, 7, and 8 being absolute dumb idiotic rubbish. :)

What were the red flags in your eyes?

As season 2 is starting off with a focus on the Ironborn, I must say I am feeling a sympathy if not an understanding of Theon’s struggle of not quite Northern enough to be a Stark but not quite Salty enough to be a Greyjoy. Internal conflict to say the least. And when his dad Balon basically throws it in his face in insult.. well I’m not saying I agree with what he did but it at least gives a cause to the effect.