It’s my first time

#1dolFAN

On 12/1/2019 at 11:48 PM, #1dolFAN said:

Finished Season 1. Amazing :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

GoT is up until end of Season 4 absoulutely fantastic. The scene between Robert and Cersei or Tywin and Jamie in Season 1 is cinematographic perfection. I could go on and on with scenes...

Just make sure to be high when you watch season 7 and 8. Yeah, you are gonna need drugs to enjoy that crap XD

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2020 at 9:47 PM, Dalinar said:

The scene between Robert and Cersei or Tywin and Jamie in Season 1 is cinematographic perfection. I could go on and on with scenes...

Yeah THOSE scenes were strokes of genius. Especially the Tywin and Jaime scene with the stag.

The scene with Robert and Cersei would've been absolute perfection if Cersei's connections to Rhaegar had been brought up.

29 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

Yeah THOSE scenes were strokes of genius. Especially the Tywin and Jaime scene with the stag.

The scene with Robert and Cersei would've been absolute perfection if Cersei's connections to Rhaegar had been brought up.

The introduction of Tywin in GoT is today taken as an example on writing classes on how to introduce a character. It is perfection. You learn, without having a clue who this guy is, in the first two minutes who this guy is, about his character and his motivations. With a minimum of exposition. And the stag. Oh my god, the stag. So brillant. 

Meanwhile season 8: "I dunt wunt it"

@Dalinar Exactly.

GoT had many problems before season 8, but many of the scenes in bottom-of-the-barrel season 5, season 6 which was more-miss-than-hit-but-still-much-better-than-season-5 and "wait, what are you doing?! and slow the fuck down!" season 7 are extraordinarily well done. Like the one scene in SPOILER ALERT STOP READING

season 7 when Jaime finally leaves Cersei as the snows begin to fall

Excellence. Even if everything else about it made sense. On its on two feet, that scene is powerful.

Season 8 has maybe one or two scenes like that. Three if you want to be generous. Everything else is either unacceptably weird or varying degrees of subpar. It's almost as if they had some experienced serious budget cuts in between season 7 and 8 instead of a bigger blank check.

@YoungGriff89 hey do you have any updates?

Archived