Best incredibly minor character

Hop robin

I would vote for Hildy, the camp follower who is in bed with Lord Bracken when Jaime comes to negotiate terms for the Riverlands, following Robb Stark's death and the Lannister takeover. But she is mentioned in more than one line.

I don’t think he’s minor enough, but I love Nimble Dick. 

“Crabb thought that was hilarious. “The Perfect Knight? The Perfect Fool, he sounds like. What’s the point o’ having some magic sword if you don’t bloody well use it?”
“Honor,” she said. “The point is honor.”
That only made him laugh the louder. “Ser Clarence Crabb would have wiped his hairy arse with your Perfect Knight, m’lady. If they’d ever have met, there’d be one more bloody head sitting on the shelf at the Whispers, you ask me. ‘I should have used the magic sword,’ it’d be saying to all the other heads. ‘I should have used the bloody sword.’”

5 minutes ago, Daendrew said:

I am on my 11th listen of the series. Roy has become a dear old friend to me. He is Him of Many Voices. 

Irreplaceable.

Absolutely. I’m sure they’ll get someone good for Winds, but I don’t even know if I want to hear the rest of the story in anoyone’s voice but Dotrice’s. :crying:

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

“Crabb thought that was hilarious. “The Perfect Knight? The Perfect Fool, he sounds like. What’s the point o’ having some magic sword if you don’t bloody well use it?”
That only made him laugh the louder. “Ser Clarence Crabb would have wiped his hairy arse with your Perfect Knight, m’lady. If they’d ever have met, there’d be one more bloody head sitting on the shelf at the Whispers, you ask me. ‘I should have used the magic sword,’ it’d be saying to all the other heads. ‘I should have used the bloody sword.’”

I love Nimble Dick.  When people are moaning about Feasts I always have to bring this guy up.  One of the great secondary characters in the series.

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

“I should have used the bloody sword” is kind of an ironic quote in hindsight, knowing Brienne’s final chapter and word in FfC!

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Absolutely. I’m sure they’ll get someone good for Winds, but I don’t even know if I want to hear the rest of the story in anoyone’s voice but Dotrice’s. :crying:

Vance did a good job with Fire and Blood. And Steven Pacey does an excellent job narrating Joe Abercrombie’s stuff, providing distinct and fitting voices for every character, male and female alike

21 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Vance did a good job with Fire and Blood.

:agree: He did a very good job IMO.

21 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

And Steven Pacey does an excellent job narrating Joe Abercrombie’s stuff, providing distinct and fitting voices for every character, male and female alike

I haven’t listened to any of Abercrombie’s books, but now I’m inclined to, cheers! 

7 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

:agree: He did a very good job IMO.

I haven’t listened to any of Abercrombie’s books, but now I’m inclined to, cheers! 

Have you read them before? Really good books and you can see how much Abercrombie develops as an author from his first book (The Blade Itself) to the most recent (A Little Hatred). The first trilogy has a noticeable jump in quality between each subsequent book, imo (widely shared opinion i will add).

uh, sorry, off topic, to bring it back, Zahrina (“and one!) the slaver woman from the auction who also runs the tavern in Meereen (incidentally demonstrating the Slavers have already gone back on their word to end slavery within meereen but hey ho)

edit: she is a slaveR not a slave, big difference caused by a typo

Archived