Mel & Shireen

Coffeewiththegods

On 12/7/2019 at 12:25 PM, three-eyed monkey said:

That is a brief summary of part of The Stannis Plan and why he wrote the Pink Letter. I know you favor Mel as the author but I'll repost the Stannis plan and we can continue discussions there because I think we're straying off topic here.

LOL That is not what I meant ... but since you already created a PL thread about it, i hope everyone is enjoying it

What I meant was that we should have a thread about battle tactics for taking Winterfell, under a Stannis POV ... using all the Chekhov Guns GRRM gave us. I think it would be fun to speculate. All of the tactics would be revealed in TWOW anyways. Sorry for the topic confusion.

Yes, I favor Mel for the PL and the name confusion of "Reek". I have published her story and I occasionally find new clues here and there ... but we wont stray off topic

Back to the OP
If the Red Woman wrote the Pink Letter (which SHE falsely states that Stannis is dead), it would be really awkward for Mel to burn Shireen in an attempt to resurrect Stannis.

Besides, Mel has Mance's baby son to burn first before Shireen. Even though it is actually Gilly's son & Mel is unaware, it may accidentally work out better that way.

Also, I believe Mel doesn't burn Shireen. It will be Patchface burning Shireen alive so she doesn't become a zombie. "Patchface" was originally designed by GRRM to rescue Shireen (because Shireen's face could use a patching!) I believe the Long Night invasion happens at the Nightfort, and Patchface/Shireen will be surrounded by zombies. With a few seconds before their deaths, Patchface burns Shireen alive to rescue her from being a wight ... that seems like a very Patchfacey thing to do. I think this scene will be TWOW epilogue or ADOS prologue.

I think this "surrounded by zombies, what do you do?" theme (and themes are important!) will repeat itself with Theon/Asha at Winterfell, Sansa/Sandor at the Moon Door, and Jon & his sister at the Gods Eye. It gives the Long Night an emotional seriousness (that a certain fan-fic lacked!) Post-ASOIAF discussions would be about this theme, and how Jon made the worst decision out of all of them (because he truly knows nothing! lol). Sorry, went a little off topic here

Archived