Mel & Shireen

Coffeewiththegods

8 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

He never mentions being sick. He's not immune to the cold and Dany is not immune to not being burned. There are several times when Jon says it's cold. He even has a conversation about it with Val and she laughs at him and tells him that this cold is nothing. The real cold is when the Others come and it becomes hard to breathe.

We're not talking about Jon at present, but when Jon is infused with the Wall's magic, which is a type of ice magic. That sort of thing imo would have a physical impact on his body.

26 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

He never mentions being sick. He's not immune to the cold and Dany is not immune to not being burned. There are several times when Jon says it's cold. He even has a conversation about it with Val and she laughs at him and tells him that this cold is nothing. The real cold is when the Others come and it becomes hard to breathe.

I didn't say Dany was immune to fire I said much like the fire didn't burn Dany. In regards to Jon, I know the cold bothers him. I was referring to his possible super human body post resurrection that Sweet Sunray suggested. 

14 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

We're not talking about Jon at present, but when Jon is infused with the Wall's magic, which is a type of ice magic. That sort of thing imo would have a physical impact on his body.

& What a great strength to have - a temporary immunity to cold considering who he will be dealing with. 

42 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Above all else he wants his bride back, and he wants his Reek back, just as he says. The way he finds to try and get both back - remember, fArya is what makes him “lord of Winterfell”, and Theon was the witness he used to prove Jeyne is Arya. If either reach CB or some other place and spill the beans, the jig is up, and he knows it.  So he makes demands and tries to put Jon in a defensive position. He wants Shireen, Mel, Selyse, Val, Monster, etc, and he’s coming to get them and eat Jon’s heart if Jon doesn’t comply. Thing is, I think the PL is a hell of a lot more straightforward than people think. 

As to who tricked him into thinking Stannis is dead, well, Stannis himself. 

I like the idea of the PL being straight forward because all of the other theories send my head spinning as to why someone other than Ramsay would write it. I think there are some good theories our there in regards to the PL but I think the fandom has a tendency to over look the simplest answer (mostly because we are given sooo much time to analyze everything before the next book comes)

53 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Without discussing all the details, I'm in the Stannis-Theon wrote it camp for the PL. It would actually fuel the long distance responsibility that Stannis bears to the to him unforeseen consequence of the death of his daughter. Not only did he signal tacit approval of Mel and his wife burning people long ago on Dragonstone, he would be the man who sent the letter to Jon that ended up sparking an assassination attempt on Jon's life. 

Sure & not only that but his pretending to be dead would have been the catalyst to burning his daughter. Eek. 

10 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

& What a great strength to have - a temporary immunity to cold considering who he will be dealing with. 

Exactly!

And we have foreshadowing of such a form of transformation: Bran's dream in aGoT, and (it pains me to say it) Dany's dream in aDwD (though I'd rather think it's not Jon in that dream). And then there's of course Jon's own dream of wearing black ice. He saw what Gregor would become, and he saw what Jon would become.

1 hour ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

I had posted a theory on here before asking if maybe patchface would try to protect her 

I think there is some validity to this. Idk patchface creeps me out a little. I can see him protecting her or trying too but I can also see him helping to burn her. 

1 minute ago, sweetsunray said:

Exactly!

And we have foreshadowing of such a form of transformation: Bran's dream in aGoT, and (it pains me to say it) Dany's dream in aDwD (though I'd rather think it's not Jon in that dream). And then there's of course Jon's own dream of wearing black ice.

Yeah this is nice & it fits. It would give him an advantage but not so big of one that the others couldn't put up a fight. I really wish Winds would come lol

3 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Yeah this is nice & it fits. It would give him an advantage but not so big of one that the others couldn't put up a fight. I really wish Winds would come lol

And how very sly of George by introducing us to fire wights and suggesting that Jon might be dead, and therefore Bran's dream in aGoT seems to foreshadows a dead Jon laid to bare in an ice cell to most of us. To then twist it into someone alive and well, but who ends up choosing to sleep in an ice cell. Hell, he may even have to sleep in it, to share the magic in his body with the Wall, to ensure it remains a magical barrier. Fits also with him first sleeping in the "armory", and then his armor is ice magic and for the Wall's protection it requires him to sleep in an ice cell.

10 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

By the Old Gods and New :bowdown:

Wouldn’t that be the best presie ever? :D

8 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

@kissdbyfire This year? Doubtful. Next year? More likely. Though a part of me hopes you are right and that I am wrong. 

And you base this on... what exactly? Just really curious. 

10 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Doesn't matter whether you agree with the idea or not. Your point about Jon complaining about the cold was still an irrelevant argument to the context that @Lyanna<3Rhaegar and I were discussing.

And that's fine and I misread what she wrote. Shit happens. 

It's still doubtful. Jon is duality. He's not just one thing.

5 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

And that's fine and I misread what she wrote. Shit happens. 

It's still doubtful. Jon is duality. He's not just one thing.

Not denying the duality is what he was born with, but that Wall is massive and has lots and lots of ice magic bound to it. If that is infused in his body as a vessel, then no amount of dragonblood can keep him fiery. However, such a thing would perhaps kill another hot blooded human being. Perhaps it's thanks to Targ blood that he can carry all that ice magic and live, and still remain a human.

Archived