Daniel Newhouse

Synonym for marksman or horseman that starts with 'm'

This word is tied closely to the state of Florida and the civil war.  Unfortunately, since they don't make good thesaurus anymore, I have no idea what the word bank.  It is similar in form to "mountebank."

The Florida M people were Florida's equivalent to the Texas rangers.  Before, during, and after the civil war Florida sent their men throughout the country to enforce Florida law.  This is the issue the Democrats cared about.  They (McClellan) were willing to let the south go if they would agree to keep those damn Florida law enforcement people out of the Union.  Also, they had looked at Harvard research, and were going to develop a nuclear weapon to destroy the Whitehouse if the south didn't comply, thus ending heaven.  

Edited by Daniel Newhouse

Minotaur. 

But one that wields a rifle and rides a centaur. 

Edit: In this scenario the centaur is also armed with a rifle. 

I have no idea how the Ancient Greeks were able to defeat this deadly combo.

Edited by A True Kaniggit

This word is tied closely to the state of Florida and the civil war.  Unfortunately, since they don't make good thesaurus anymore, I have no idea what the word bank.  It is similar in form to "mountebank."

I've a feeling the answer to this riddle may lie within the question-

Florida is renowned for its oranges, as is Marvel for its Captain America films, and thesauruses died out millions of years ago following the meteor strike that caused the Chicxulub crater...

All of this leads me to believe that our suspect is an orange superhero dinosaur named Marvin or Melvin. Any of the board's policesters should be able to narrow down the search results fairly easily. BFC?

I found a new site called Power Thesaurus, that finds English synonyms for English and foreign words, and still isn't good enough.

I think the word it mirado, or at least that is as close as my mind can come.

But I think that is a slang version.  If I recall, the word is Latin for "heavenly honor guard" which is cæléstium praesidio.