How did you pick your screen name?

Lyanna<3Rhaegar

12 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

@Nagini's Neville I didn't see if you said about your name - sorry if you did already but please tell me you are a fellow Harry Potter fanatic? 

Yeah, I like HP :) But tbh it wasn't that well thought out. My username is kinda dump. I just wanted to join asap, because I had some important questions to ask and then I suddenly thought of Neville and Nagini (I'm a little bit ADS) and then I stopped thinking... 

But then I come on here and everyone's username is so funny and creative or meaningful or personal and I'm just um.. what again does my username mean exactly? oh yeah nothing, it means nothing haha

But I guess it's not completely true. I really like Neville and his character and his development has always been completely fascinating to me and Nagini was always fascinating and equally scary to me as a kid as well. So it was probably my subconsciousness deciding for me :) 

4 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

Howland Reed is the most intriguing character I would like to appear in the books and listen to what he has to say about Ned's past. And he probably knows about the future as well. He cannot be found except he wants to, because Greywater-Watch floats in the Neck.

:agree: Also wanna meet Howland Reed

43 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Yeah, I like HP :) But tbh it wasn't that well thought out. My username is kinda dump. I just wanted to join asap, because I had some important questions to ask and then I suddenly thought of Neville and Nagini (I'm a little bit ADS) and then I stopped thinking... 

But then I come on here and everyone's username is so funny and creative or meaningful or personal and I'm just um.. what again does my username mean exactly? oh yeah nothing, it means nothing haha

But I really like Neville and his character and his development has always been completely fascinating to me and Nagini was always fascinating and equally scary to me as a kid as well. So it was probably my subconsciousness  deciding for me :) 

Well, I definitely appreciate the wordplay/thoughtplay... :-)

39 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

:agree: Also wanna meet Howland Reed

We all do. Everyone does. That's why they are all heading to the Neck. It is known.

12 hours ago, Edgar Allen Poemont said:

Lyanna<3Rhaegar, thanks for the cocktail party thread. I’ve been away from the forum for awhile and it’s nice to jump in to a more social gathering, as opposed to a full on theory slugfest. I had to chuckle when I read your explanation though, because I always thought yours meant Lyanna is greater than three Rhaegar. I’m not very well versed in old school emojis.

My screen name is a combination of the crow and raven motif with a nod to my favorite father figure, Jeor Mormont and I guess a nod to my literary studies days, which were mostly concentrated in American novels and authors. I’m not really a huge horror fan, but I always appreciated Edgar Allen Poe. I also love how GRRM combines all the different elements of genre fiction and “high” literature into such a fantastic work. 

You're welcome! Yeah, this was before smart phones with their cool emojis. Back in the old days where we had to make our own! LOL! Although Lyanna is greater than 3 Rhaegar would be cool to haha

I love your screen name & I'm with you - not a big horror fan but appreciate EAP :)

I've used some variant of this name for almost a quarter century. Mostly as my character name in single player RPGs. I'm pretty sure my first Baldur's Gate character in 1998 or whatever was named Gabriel.

I always thought Gabriel was a name both beautiful and terrifying, due to the archangelic association. The Dante part got added because I admired Dante Gabriel Rossetti as both an artist and a writer (I had similar ambitions when I went to college).

People assume some kind of evil or demonic association with my name because Dante, I guess, makes people think of Hell, but he wrote a Paradiso and a Purgatorio as well. I never associated the name with evil exclusively, and anyways I am personally all sweetness and light.

Mines a poor double entendre based on when I made it I was planning to go into academia and the first time I came here I got the Red Wedding spoiled for me so it’s a nod to everyone who participated in the slaughter. Plus Tywin is the character I most identify with, depressing as that is. At least I’m a lot more fun than him.

40 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Mines a poor double entendre based on when I made it I was planning to go into academia and the first time I came here I got the Red Wedding spoiled for me so it’s a nod to everyone who participated in the slaughter. Plus Tywin is the character I most identify with, depressing as that is. At least I’m a lot more fun than him.

Great name, but now I'm scared of you

33 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

In the earlier days of the forum, Ran used to employ someone specifically for this task, so none of the older users actually picked their own name - they filled out forms, paid their application fees and were assigned names by the Master of Nomenclature.

Mine worked out real nice as I like the colour brown.

Wow! I never knew this. 

• I began as Zabzy.
  • One glorious year in the mists of the past I was assigned France as my World Cup team and in solidarite, I changed my name to Zabzie.
  • Although Mme. Zabzie might have been more technically accurate, "Madame" has a certain connotation that I didn't want everyone to immediately assume.  You have to get to know me first.  Thus, my public facing persona, "Mlle."
  • And then, it goes so well with the Avatar, who, basically c'est moi.  Voila, Mlle. Zabzie.
  • Also, after one of the board migrations, I found I was sort of stuck with this for a while so I kept it.

Archived