New POVS?

norwaywolf123

Littlefinger's and Varys' POV would interest me very much, but even at this point it would obviously be a huge spoiler for the rest of the book, if they suddenly revealed their ultimate goal along with all of their schemes.

So I go with Euron and Ramsey, because I would love to see the mind and thoughts of a psychopath. :)

I want to read either Shiera Seastar's/Quaithe's POV, or Bloodraven's, to find out what happened between them, and during the burning of the Summerhall. Though either of their POVs probably will be full of spoilers about everything. Unless GRRM can write one of their POVs without revealing too much, for example like he wrote Mel's POV.

Or if not one of those, then fAegon's POV. 

I doubt we will get any new POVS; any new ones would probably be for coverage.  Two possibilities in that respect are Meera Reed and Jeyne Poole, and they could find themselves in important locations without POVs.  They could also provide information on past events.

Two others I would like to see are Gendry and Missandei, to provide a different perspective on events in their areas

None have been announced. I definitely would want a Tyrell POV (Loras or Willas or Margaery/Mace) to help with the plot at KL (although that could also be done by means of a Sand Snake POV - either Nym or Tyene).

Aside from that I don't see much need for a new one although I really like that suggestion:

7 hours ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:
  1. A Dothraki POV would be nice and give depth to our understanding of their people.

That could certainly help make Daenerys' story with the Dothraki more interesting, and could also help us follow what they are doing if Dany uses Drogon to fly someplace else (which she likely is going to do now that she can fly).

13 minutes ago, Platypus Rex said:

There will be no new POVs, except the "one-offs".

That's what he said, but he didn't plan to add Melisandre and Connington and Quentyn when he was starting to write ADwD. There is potential for new POVs, especially if some die or team up with others so that the same amount of chapters can cover the stories of multiple characters.

7 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

That's what he said, but he didn't plan to add Melisandre and Connington and Quentyn when he was starting to write ADwD. There is potential for new POVs, especially if some die or team up with others so that the same amount of chapters can cover the stories of multiple characters.

If GRRM cannot predict the new POVs he will add, then neither can I.

His goal, he says, is to kill off POVs, and bring the threads of the story together.  if he just creates new POVs to replace the old ones that have been bumped off, then he will not have achieved this.

2 hours ago, Putin said:

Just to say that Martin said there will not be new POV .

I would like :

1. Stannis

2. Hound

Stannis' I can imagine pretty well and would really cool. I think he'd have a very unique pov with quite a different voice from others, with is always appreciated in my book.  Sandor's I'd like to have, but also wouldn't like to have. I think his pov could really make or break him as a character (don't know if readers were still able to forgive him, if he'd listed all the innocent butcher's boys he slaughtered in his head and all the women and children) But having his pov would reveal to much at this point, since he is still quite a mysterious character, which is apparent by ppl's vastly different interpretations and opinions about him and his actions.

10 hours ago, Platypus Rex said:

I'm pretty sure you'll never get Sandor.  His role is to be perceived (to some extent inaccurately) in the POV of others.

Yeah, I mean it is just a what-if-game right. What we would like to happen. We already know we won't get a new POV. And if we'd get one, Sandor would be the least likely, I agree. And I'm not sure, if I'd like to know, what goes on in his head- could be scary in there...

While any POV based around the Leech Lord would be fun, a Roose Bolton POV covering the Battle of Winterfell could be absolutely outrageous. 

Replace Meera with whichever POV dies in the battles of Winterfell or Mereen. While it'd probably work better if she didn't reveal/know too much about Howland and his grand plans, I think a few Meera chapters could be a lot of fun, and a great way to flesh out a cool character who is both highly significant to the plot and popular with the fan base.

Archived