Football: Brendan has the last laugh

Iskaral Pust

12 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

The game tonight was a bit of a farce. We had a mix of U-23 and U-18 kids playing against a PL senior team in the quarterfinals of a cup.  Liverpool were basically kicked out of the cup for the CWC, but none of the other clubs will kick up a fuss on our behalf because they have better odds with Liverpool out, and they don’t expect to be in the CWC themselves.

:lol:

Why exactly should other clubs kick up a fuss? Liverpool and the EFL were unable to agree on an alternate date for the QF. There's nothing other clubs can do about that. 

13 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

It would be hilarious if after all this, Liverpool lost to Monterrey tomorrow. 

I wouldn’t be disappointed at all.  I think we should start with some squad players, especially Shaqiri, Ox, Lallana, Keita and Origi, Milner at LB, and maybe even Neco Williams in place of TAA.  It will be an unbalanced team for sure.  If we lose, we lose.  In that case we put out the most junior possible team for the crucial third place play-off — Hoever and SvdB will be available to play by then. 

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Why exactly should other clubs kick up a fuss? Liverpool and the EFL were unable to agree on an alternate date for the QF. There's nothing other clubs can do about that. 

Getting knocked out of the League cup is not something anyone would lose much sleep over, whether at Liverpool or at any of the big clubs. Consequences of this mixup are not that bad but who knows what might happen in the future.

Other clubs should definitely raise their voices about fixture congestion.

28 minutes ago, baxus said:

Getting knocked out of the League cup is not something anyone would lose much sleep over, whether at Liverpool or at any of the big clubs. Consequences of this mixup are not that bad but who knows what might happen in the future.

Other clubs should definitely raise their voices about fixture congestion.

The EFL definitely fucked up this time and it turned into an embarrassing situation for them. I'm pretty sure they will not allow something like this to happen in the future. I don't even know how this could have been allowed to happen in the first place since it isn't the first time an English club has had to go to a CWC and we never had such a scheduling conflict in the past. 

1 minute ago, Soylent Brown said:

Well it doesn't help that we have two injury prone central defenders. We need to get rid of at least one of them in the summer, or our luck will eventually run out.

Yeah, i hope Lovren moves on, would keep Matip as 2nd/3rd choice.Bring in another world class defender to partner Virgil and we are set at the back for a few years.Hopefully Koulibaly.Mane needs to have a word with him.;)

The Norwegian commentator is utterly clueless.

Perez tries to get the ball. He's right there. "Not a dangerous way" he says, of an outstretched leg with studs showing, while running. 

Sure, people do that. But it's dangerous. 

Next time, I'd like a commentator with a functioning brain. 

ETA: not calling for a yellow, btw, I tend to think one should avoid that on the first such incident, at least. Repeated challenges like that and I would say yellow is warranted.

Archived