Football: Brendan has the last laugh

Iskaral Pust

7 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Still 0-0 but an absolute ton of sloppy play from Liverpool. We need to stop giving the ball away cheaply and setting them off on counter attacks.

Keita has mostly been good. A shame he's a one-footed wonder or we might have had a goal at the end there.

Allison with some poor distribution.Virgil saved us at least 2 goals.

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

I'm gutted by Tierney. I think he's a stud.

Yeah, although luckily it's a shoulder injury - not as if it's something with his legs that could turn into a longer-term problem.

Still, it's a bit maddening...Tierney and Bellerin are a legitimate top drawer fullback pairing. It's one of the few areas in the team that's already as good as it can be, but we've really not been able to see them in action.

15 hours ago, Raja said:

You're forgetting the Europa league! But I get your point.

Good point, Europa League is something, I guess - and still probably the best chance to qualify for CL next year. I think if we don't get CL next year then Auba will leave. Best case scenario for this season is that we qualify for CL (likely through EL) and get a big name like Ancelotti to keep Aubameyang and entice several more top-class players to join us. Getting CL qualification from here is a pretty steep task though.

Keeping a clean sheet against Salzburg is no mean feat. We're the first team to shut them out this season.

After Gomez came on, they didn't have a sniff. It's amazing how good we look defensively when Joe's on form. If he can stay fit, I predict we'll see the return of the stingiest defence in the PL. His ceiling is miles above both Matip's and Lovren's. 

Keita seems to really be finding his rhythm, which adds another dimension to our midfield.

Salah should have had at least two goals before he scored one he had no right to.

Mané is just too hot to handle at the moment. He'll find away to open up any defence he's up against. Made the Salzburg defenders look foolish at times. 

I can't believe you all bigged up that Salah goal so much, I went online to watch and couldn't have been less impressed, I'd back myself to score that 50% of the time.  I'm 43 and overweight and have absolutely fucked knees and ankles from playing too much when I was younger, and haven't kicked a ball in about 10 years.  Utterly Meh. 

Archived