How many times do you do it, per use?

Lany Freelove Cassandra

How many times do you flush per use?

Because this is the most important thing we have as a nation to worry about. (Seriously, do we really need to "study" this?)

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/12/trump-frustrated-toilets-people-flushing-10-15-times.html

If it takes 10-15 flushes for 1 use, I think you might have a problem and should get checked out by your doctor.

Unless you are the “if yellow, let it mellow” type, there is still a huge amount of savings in water with the low flow systems.

I admit I sometimes have to flush twice with a low-flow system, but I only do that once a day.

Let’s see:  I have a house hold of 3, we flush for every pee so 5-8 times a day times 3 people = 15-24 single flushes and may only have to flush twice 3-6 times a day. 

Regular toilets = 3.5 gallons; low flow = 1.6 gallons

33.6 – 57.6 gallons a day for a low flow and 73.5-126 gallons a day.  I think we’d have to flush 8 times for every poop to use more water with the low flows.

Since we’re on the topic, I’d be more interested to know if the ratio of standing to sitting wipers has increased since its become more socially acceptable to do so. And get your heads out of the gutters, this is in the name of science!!!

I hardly ever flush when I pee. Mostly because I pee a lot at night and I dont want to wake my daughter. Most other times I pee at work and flushing isnt an issue.

That being said I could put a pound of mashed up Dundee cake in my toilet and it would flush the first time. Good plumbing is essential. 

14 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Since we’re on the topic, I’d be more interested to know if the ratio of standing to sitting wipers has increased since its become more socially acceptable to do so. And get your heads out of the gutters, this is in the name of science!!!

the greatest thread in the history of deadspin, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

Water saving has become so exessive in certain parts of Germany that the public sewage systems doesn't get flushed enough and stuff keeps clogging the pipes because there isn't enough water to flush it all the way to the sewage treatment. So now the old water-saving flushes of the 80s and 90s, where you push once to start flushing and twice to stop it, are getting replaced by two button systems (one big, one small) that ensure a necessary minimum amount of water is used when flushing.

16 hours ago, Alarich II said:

Water saving has become so exessive in certain parts of Germany that the public sewage systems doesn't get flushed enough and stuff keeps clogging the pipes because there isn't enough water to flush it all the way to the sewage treatment. So now the old water-saving flushes of the 80s and 90s, where you push once to start flushing and twice to stop it, are getting replaced by two button systems (one big, one small) that ensure a necessary minimum amount of water is used when flushing.

THe toilet in my apartment has this design too, as did the ones in my student accommodation (i’m UK based). They also seem increasingly common in newer office buildings, or those that have recently been developed/modernised. Seems like a growing trend

• 1 month later...

On 12/11/2019 at 5:30 AM, Soylent Brown said:

Has anyone stopped to consider that it might not be the toilets getting worse at flushing, but people getting better at pooing?

I'm not annoyed when my sleek, powerful leavings ride the bowl waves masterfully, when they leap like salmon against the flow; I'm proud.

...man what a drop the mic moment  :bowdown:

i am for saving water to be sure, but i am more for the free movement of excess bodily fluids from under my ass into the greater world...i flush for freedom

:smoking:

I've got old man bladder. So I've turned to using a collection bottle at night and have become adept at relieving myself with none to minimal spillage. If I didn't do it that way I'd be getting up every 1-2 hours and never get any good sleep. If I try to hold it in...let's just say it's a better situation all round if I have someplace to go as soon as the urge hits me.

In the morning I empty what I've got. So even though i don't have a low flush toilet, I still think I'm being economical with my water usage.

TMI? Another old man condition...not giving much of a damn.

3 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

I'm honestly surprised there are many answers beyond a single flush per use. It just never occurred to me there would be a need beyond that. Maybe a second one now and again if there's anything the first one missed but that's rare.

Sorry. Not all of us have “Legendary Class” toilets. 

Archived