Fire & Blood trade paperback in May 2020

Jussi

Fire & Blood will be published as trade paperback in the US in May 2020:

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1524796301

This edition will have five new images from Doug Wheatley.

MASSIVE #1 BESTSELLER: The hardcover of Fire & Blood spent 21 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list: 18 of those in the top 10, and 7 of those in the top 5.

BRAND-NEW CONTENT FROM THE GAME OF THRONES UNIVERSE: This comprehensive history, straight from the mind and pen of George R. R. Martin, showcases the Targaryen family and their rise to power.

85 BLACK-AND-WHITE ILLUSTRATIONS BY ARTIST DOUG WHEATLEY—5 of which are images unique to this edition!

That is good to hear. I know of a couple of illustrations that didn't make it into the previous edition. It would be nice to see them in finished form if they are those we are getting there.

6 minutes ago, Ran said:

No idea what has been updated, but did raise that and some other errata on a couple of occasions with Anne and her editorial assistant. 

I think I made that suggestion already back when the Sunspear thing came up, but so what:

There is a chance to add a paragraph or two about the curious case that Sunspear was never destroyed at the very end of the 'The Wars of King Aegon I' chapter. If I'm not mistaken there is half a page or more empty at the end of the chapter, meaning pagebreak and other such things wouldn't really be affected.

Starting along the lines of 'One of the most curious developments in the First Dornish War was the fact that all of the Dornish castles were consumed by dragonfire more than once but for Sunspear itself. Dozens of maesters and acolytes in the Citadel have discussed this over the years...' and then give all the reasons you and George came up with why Sunspear was never targeted.

• 5 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I already own the hardcover and the ebook, so I probably won't buy this version, but I will definitely stop by Barnes & Noble to look at all the new pictures :D

I was really disappointed when I got my copy of the illustrated ACOK and saw that it was only one illustrator. AGOT had such an incredible collection of illustrators featured, and I was hoping that they were going to do the same with ACOK.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 6:20 AM, baneling said:

Hi all, I haven't read Fire and Blood and trying to figure out if I should.  Is this a novel like the other ASOIAF books?  or is it more of an information source or essay?

It's a history book covering the Conquest and reign of all the Targaryen kings from Aegon I to the end of the regency of Aegon III. It also covers the conflicts that arose in between and during their reigns. 

Archived