US Politics - All He Wants for Christmas Was His Two Dead Sheep

Mlle. Zabzie

I don't really understand the threat of Pelosi's to hold onto the impeachment bill until McConnell makes concessions.  Why would McConnell do that?  He'll just repeat that the Democrats are playing politics and have a weak case.  Pelosi will counter with...what exactly?  I don't see how she has any leverage. 

22 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I don't really understand the threat of Pelosi's to hold onto the impeachment bill until McConnell makes concessions.  Why would McConnell do that?  He'll just repeat that the Democrats are playing politics and have a weak case.  Pelosi will counter with...what exactly?  I don't see how she has any leverage. 

Because in theory dems could retake the senate and try him then? I dunno. 

12 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

If Mitt Romney votes to convict then I'll walk to where you live without shoes and @Tywin et al. will give you the best blowjob you've ever had.

Mind trading places? After all that will give you the chance to show off your self-reported eye contact skills.

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

I think the idea is that she could wait on the court cases around executive privilege, which would be around June, and if they get turned down (as they should) they could interview the people on that phone call under oath, and likely Trump himself.  Along with that, if the Senate never gets the articles, Trump can never claim 'total exoneration' from the Senate boondoggle.

I dunno, I'm on the fence on the whole thing, but if the Senate refuses to have a real trial and we know what the verdict is going to be, I don't see a whole lot of downside of not presenting the articles to the Senate.  The GOP is still going to howl about how this is all politics, but Trump won't be able to say he was acquitted.

52 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Mind trading places? After all that will give you the chance to show off your self-reported eye contact skills.

Sorry, Coyo.

This comes straight from the top.

Are you gonna do your part, son?

26 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Sorry, Coyo.

This comes straight from the top.

Are you gonna do your part, son?

Way to self-own, Jace. You’re the one in Mobile Infantry. I’m Fleet mofo, and we don’t mix, so get slurping.

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

She doesn't need to counter with anything, really, I'd guess the point of delay would be to see if the public opinion swings against Trump, even a little bit, and try to capitalize on that momentum.  The only shot at flipping a couple senators is public pressure.  Even if they only got Murkowski or Romney to flip, probabaly makes the impeachment look better come November.

In the meantime Dems can shout about how unfair the Senate rules are, they have nothing to lose by waiting.  Plus Trump is freaking out waiting --maybe he does something really dumb in the meantime to move the needle a few percentage points?

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

It's one of the tenets of Art of the Deal -- don't sign off immediately on the negotiation, WAIT. Delaying the deal creates more leverage because delay creates more uncertainty.  So the delay could be seen as another way of sticking it to him, using his own advice against him.  ('Course I don't know anymore than anyone else here.)

BUT! now, maybe she won't?

https://www.axios.com/trump-impeachment-nancy-pelosi-articles-senate-delay-a5abaab5-b273-4d99-a302-6a15f0d562b7.html

It seems a rather good idea to delay, but then I'm not the leverage-of-what-small-advantage-I-might-have-strategist-into-something-much-larger that Pelosi appears to be.

2 hours ago, sologdin said:

the house managers need to climb up on the cross that they have in fact built, get zeroed at trial, and push the narrative thereafter that mcconnell openly made it into an electoral process, rather than a legal one.

We are suspiciously agreeing a lot recently....what's with that?

But, also, people keep making the mistake of underestimating Nancy.  I don't want to fall into that trap. I may not agree with her strategy now, but I will concede that past history suggests she has been acting with forethought.

49 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Way to self-own, Jace. You’re the one in Mobile Infantry. I’m Fleet mofo, and we don’t mix, so get slurping.

Please, Denise Richards sucks so much dick her face looks like an egg. And 'Xander'? That pretty mouth of his didn't get the job for its acting skills. 

Meanwhile, what if we started executing people who lose their presidential bid? Or at least their primary? Add a little gravity to the proceedings.

Radio show "immediately cancelled" after host makes the ultimate in A-hole comments!

A radio show was canceled after a host said 'a nice school shooting' would break up the monotony of the Trump impeachment coverage

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/19/us/denver-radio-school-shooting-impeachment-trnd/index.html

Unbounded stupidity in action, smh.

2 hours ago, aceluby said:

I think the idea is that she could wait on the court cases around executive privilege, which would be around June, and if they get turned down (as they should) they could interview the people on that phone call under oath, and likely Trump himself.  Along with that, if the Senate never gets the articles, Trump can never claim 'total exoneration' from the Senate boondoggle.

I dunno, I'm on the fence on the whole thing, but if the Senate refuses to have a real trial and we know what the verdict is going to be, I don't see a whole lot of downside of not presenting the articles to the Senate.  The GOP is still going to howl about how this is all politics, but Trump won't be able to say he was acquitted.

I favor the bolded section. In the face of a Senate that has admitted up front it will not fulfill their constitutional duty, the House is almost obligated to not forward the articles of impeachment. 

It's also nice retribution for McConnell's refusing to take up Obamas SC nominee. He doesn't get to bully Pelosi.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Radio show "immediately cancelled" after host makes the ultimate in A-hole comments!

A radio show was canceled after a host said 'a nice school shooting' would break up the monotony of the Trump impeachment coverage

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/19/us/denver-radio-school-shooting-impeachment-trnd/index.html

Unbounded stupidity in action, smh.

This is the radio station that fired a host for making pro-impeachment comments and had (has?) an actual Nazi working at it. They're also replacing his show with Sebastian Gorka's (I guess anyone sufficiently dumb and vile can have a radio show in the right wing arglebarglesphere).

Also, their callsign is KNUS? Are they broadcasting directly from the Sunken place?

This station should be nuked from orbit and have salt sown over the dancing ashes.

https://www.westword.com/news/knus-cancels-chuck-bonniwell-and-julie-hayden-show-over-school-shooting-joke-11580049

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Please, Denise Richards sucks so much dick her face looks like an egg. And 'Xander'? That pretty mouth of his didn't get the job for its acting skills. 

Meanwhile, what if we started executing people who lose their presidential bid? Or at least their primary? Add a little gravity to the proceedings.

Are you Charlie Sheen, or is this me.

"Barr announces “surge” of “law enforcement resources” into Albuquerque; Baltimore; Cleveland; Detroit; Kansas City; Memphis; and Milwaukee. 2020 is going to big for the inner war"

Another reason to delay until after holiday break: let them stew and scream and yowl -- otherwise they'll be coming up with even more shyte like this.

They've already cut Medicare to Puerto Rico by half.

Archived