WESTEROS.ORG 2010s Movie and TV awards

Mladen

OK, so this may be the dumbest idea I have ever got but I thought it could be fun. You all know how Entertainment awards work. First people send their nominees and then after nominations get out, they vote for winners. I now ask all of you, or at least those interested to participate in this. We are choosing the best of the best from this decade. Couple of rules:

1. Nominations will be sent until December, 24th., 23:59 CET (Centrail European Time). The list will be out on Christmas Day, December 25th.

2. Nominations are to be sent in secret via PM to me. Just for fun, we won't be telling whom we nominated, although FYI posts are allowed.

3. After nominations get out on December, 25th, you will have until December, 31st to vote for the winners. The list of winners will be out on January, 1st.

4. Maximum number of nominees per category is 10. 

THE CURRENT LIST OF CATEGORIES (OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS)

1. BEST MOVIE
  2. BEST DIRECTOR
  3. BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
  4. BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
  5. BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
  6. BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
  7. BEST ORIGINAL SCORE - MOVIES
  8. BEST MOVIE SONG
  9. BEST VISUALS - MOVIES
  10. BEST TV SHOW - DRAMA
  11. BEST TV SHOW - COMEDY
  12. BEST TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES
  13. BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE (DRAMA, COMEDY AND TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES)
  14. BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE (DRAMA, COMEDY AND TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES)
  15. BEST ACTOR IN SUPPORTING ROLE (DRAMA, COMEDY AND TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES)
  16. BEST ACTRESS IN SUPPORTING ROLE (DRAMA, COMEDY AND TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES)
  17. BEST ORIGINAL SCORE - TV
  18. BEST VISUALS - TV

Eligible movies are the ones that were released between January, 1st, 2010 and December, 31st, 2019. Eligible TV shows are the ones that aired more than 50% of episodes between January, 1st, 2010 and December, 31st, 2019.

Hope you will like this idea and participate :D

I'd be willing to participate.

The up to 10 noms, does that have to be a firm top 10 (or top whatever)? So that you can choose the most and highest ranked for the final nominee lists (Kinda how Hugo voting is)

Must I nominate in all categories to participate?

Suggestion for an additional category: 'Best Look' (or equivalent) - encompasses all from visuals, to sets, to costumes and makeup. One for movies, one for shows.

8 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

The up to 10 noms, does that have to be a firm top 10 (or top whatever)? So that you can choose the most and highest ranked for the final nominee lists (Kinda how Hugo voting is)

Well, I was thinking if we have enough participants there will be some overlaps and the one with the most noms gets nominated at the end. So, you just post top 10 regardless of order.

12 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Must I nominate in all categories to participate?

Suggestion for an additional category: 'Best Look' (or equivalent) - encompasses all from visuals, to sets, to costumes and makeup. One for movies, one for shows.

No, you can only nominate things in categories you want.

Yeah, that sounds good. 

55 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Asked via PM but worth posting here - are Netflix movies Tv movies or in the movie category for these purposes?

I would suggest a best score for both film and television as there is such a wealth of good soundtracks out there

I would say things like "The Irishmen" go into the movie categories. Consider movie anything that you may have watched in cinema.

OK, Best score for TV accepted.

12 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Why do it in secret through PM? It might be more interesting to see everyone’s picks. 

2 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Also, would serve to make us remember about stuff, particularly movies and shows that came earlier in the decade.

I have no objection to this. I will count the nominations and make 5-10 nominees for voting the winners.

9 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Why do it in secret through PM? It might be more interesting to see everyone’s picks. 

Depending on number of participants it may be easier for Risto to track via PM. I quite like the idea of running our own FYC campaigns for our picks, which is what i assume was meant here:

2. Nominations are to be sent in secret via PM to me. Just for fun, we won't be telling whom we nominated, although FYI posts are allowed.

@Ristoam i correct that FYI posts are the equivalent of an Emmy FYC?

Just now, HelenaExMachina said:

Depending on number of participants it may be easier for Risto to track via PM. I quite like the idea of running our own FYC campaigns for our picks, which is what i assume was meant here:

@Ristoam i correct that FYI posts are the equivalent of an Emmy FYC?

Yeah... Or Oscars... :D Share posters, share scenes, anything you want. I would say go full-Harvey, but that might be misinterpreted :D 

Excellent! Kicking off then, FYC Best Supporting Actress, TV:

Donna Lynne Champlin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Billie Piper, Penny Dreadful

Thandie Newton, Westworld

D’Arcey Carden, The Good Place

Michelle Fairley, A Game of Thrones

Maria Doyle Kennedy, Orphan Black

FYC/my nominations for various TV categories

Best TV Show - Drama

• Black Sails (Starz)
  • Stargate Universe (SyFy)
  • The Expanse (SyFy/Amazon)
  • Daredevil (Netflix)
  • Spartacus (Starz)
  • Travelers (Showcase/Netflix)
  • Breaking Bad (AMC)
  • The Last Kingdom (Netflix)
  • Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (ABC)
  • Stranger Things (Netflix)

Best Original Score

• Game of Thrones
  • Stargate Universe
  • Outlander
  • Black Sails
  • The Expanse
  • Penny Dreadful
  • Travelers
  • Marco Polo

Best Overall Look

• The Expanse
  • Black Sails
  • Stargate Universe
  • Outlander
  • Daredevil
  • Game of Thrones
  • Penny Dreadful
  • Stranger Things
  • Westworld
  • Marco Polo

Edit: added Marco Polo 

Can I suggest we post nominations in spoiler tags? That'll make the thread easier to manage and if someone does want to go in blind to what other people are saying it'll allow that too.

eta: OP's call though of course because things being in tags will make it slightly harder to count nominations. 

The issue is that I wouldn't know whether FYC list is the full nominations list. That is why we need at least some system - tagging the post with nominations, or sending me nominations via PM.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Can I suggest we post nominations in spoiler tags? That'll make the thread easier to manage and if someone does want to go in blind to what other people are saying it'll allow that too.

It's OK for me, just make sure you write - nominations list. That way I will differentiate that from the usual FYC posts.

@Corvinus, I assume these are your nominations as well as FYC post?

6 hours ago, Corvinus said:

If we're all going to post clips for people, this thread will fill up quickly. :laugh:

I think posting videos should be fine and actually works better for me than just listing as it gives a flavour of what you are nominating. I've spoiler tagged though as you are correct regarding the size of the post. 

Will be posting my FYCs for other categories later. 

(this is why I think sending noms via PM works best) 

FYC, some choices for best original score - TV shows. I won't mention what I think are the usual suspects.

Marco Polo: Opening Title Music, Return to Cambulac, Native Mongolia

Stargate Universe (never released) - the following are extracts: S01E03; S01E02; S01E05; S02E20

Black Sails (only season 1 was ever officially released :(): Opening title theme; The Banner of Captain Flint; Israel Hands

Travelers: Chronocide; Collider

The Expanse: Opening title theme; Heat Her Up; The Ocean; I Need A Ride

Archived