WESTEROS.ORG 2010s Movie and TV awards

Mladen

Best Supporting Actor, TV (sadly don’t have time to do supporting videos for this, may edit in later):

Rory Kinnear, Penny Dreadful (all three seasons, but S3 in particular, and a Blade of Grass specifically)

Anthony Hopkins, Westworld

James Marsden, Westworld

Alfie Allen, Game of Thrones

Billy Bob Thornton, Fargo

Kristian Bruun, Orphan Black

Adam Scott, Big Little Lies

Tom Hardy, Peaky Blinders 

Alexander Skarsgaard, Big Little Lies

Santino Fontana, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Lead Actress, TV

Eva Green, Penny Dreadful (She has been robbed of awards again and again, justice for Eva!)

Rachel Bloom, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (it was so hard not giving her top spot for her phenomenal work on this show - and its all around too, not just acting although she is top tier with her acting too)

Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black (obviously)

Keri Russel, The Americans (long overdue)

Evan Rachel Wood, Westworld (i am following the awards show’s approach on this and having only ERW as the lead, all others as Support, otherwise Thandie would be here too)

Lena Headey, Game of Thrones (I would give her lead status overall from the screentime she racks up throughout the show’s run. And since she was consistently excellent, there isnt a single season i a, thinking of for her nomination) (knock the show as I might, there have been some really criminal omissions in terms of acting awards for it. And some criminal awards given too, looking at you Dinklage)

Jodie Comer, Killing Eve

Sandra Oh, Killing Eve (both are undeniably leads)

Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies.

I think Crazy Ex-Girlfriend also deserves a nomination in the best musical score category. Around 150 original songs, of all kinds of different genres, with the cleverest lyrics - some full of funny puns, some thoughtful, some satricial, some all of that - and catchy tunes, underlined with excellent choreographies.

Some of my favourite ones:

Spoiler

(I had to limit myself to five clips, otherwise I would just keep posting ... )

Don’t know if I’ll do each category, but some nominations off the top of my head...

Best Movie - Mad Max: Fury Road 

Best Director - Martin Scorsese (The Irishman)

Best Actor  in a Leading Role - Joaquin Phoenix (The Master) 

Best Actress In a Leading Role - Toni Collette (Hereditary)

Best Tv Show Drama - The Leftovers 

Best Tv Show Comedy - It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia 

Best Miniseries - Chernobyl 

Best Actor Tv Series Drama - Rami Malek (Mr. Robot)

Best Actress Tv Series Drama - Carrie Coon (The Leftovers)

Best Actress Tv Series Comedy - Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep) 

Best Score TV - Ramin Djawadi (Game of Thrones)

Best Score Movie - Ennio Morricone (The Hateful Eight)

53 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Anything happening with this?

I prolonged the deadline, so some other votes may come...

The lists are ready... Just giving people chance to cast votes if they want until New Year's Eve.

49 minutes ago, Risto said:

I prolonged the deadline, so some other votes may come...

The lists are ready... Just giving people chance to cast votes if they want until New Year's Eve.

So at New Year's we get to see the nominee lists, then we vote for winners?

Here're my picks. Note, these are all numbered for my benefit (of keeping track of how many nominees I'm at) and are, in general, not ranked. Just an overall list of my favorites. 

Spoiler

BEST MOVIE

1. Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
  2. Hereditary (2018)
  3. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
  4. Annihilation (2018)
  5. The Death of Stalin (2017)
  6. Logan (2017)
  7. True Grit (2010)
  8. Under The Skin (2013)
  9. Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
  10. The Skin I Live In (2011)

BEST DIRECTOR

1. Denis Villeneuve - Even if I haven't liked all of his movies, everything I've seen from Denis has been either visually or thematically interesting and captivating
  2. Nicolas Winding Refn - Same as Denis but with a much greater emphasis on the visually captivating side
  3. David Fincher - I have a soft spot for Fincher as Fight Club was the first movie where I really, really noticed the directing. Even though I didn't love all of the movies he released this decade - The Social Network almost made my list - they are all very good films
  4. Alex Garland
  5. Ari Aster

BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE

1. Jeff Bridges (True Grit)
  2. Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network)
  3. Oscar Isaacs (Inside Llewyn Davis)
  4. Hugh Jackman (Logan)
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal (Nightcrawler)

BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE

1. Toni Colette (Hereditary)
  2. Dafne Keene (Logan)
  3. Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit)
  4. Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl)
  5. Natalie Portman (Black Swan)

BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:

1. Patrick Stewart (Logan)
  2. Alex Wolff (Hereditary)
  3. Jason Isaacs (The Death of Stalin)
  4. Michael Rooker (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2) - Fuck you, he's great in this...
  5. JK Simmons (Whiplash)

BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:

1. Sylvia Hoeks (Blade Runner 2049)
  2. Tilda Swinton (Suspiria)
  3. Jena Malone (The Neon Demon)
  4. Andrea Riseborough (Mandy) - Not sure if this qualifies as a lead or supporting role, but she's not really in much of the movie, so I guess I will put her here?

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE - MOVIES:

1. Mandy
  2. Interstellar
  3. Drive
  4. Blade Runner 2049
  5. The Social Network

BEST VISUALS - MOVIES:

1. Mad Max: Fury Road
  2. The Neon Demon
  3. Blade Runner 2049
  4. Annihilation
  5. Interstellar
  6. Mandy
  7. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse
  8. Crimson Peake
  9. Skyfall
  10. Suspiria

BEST TV SHOW - DRAMA (I'm not including shows that started before this decade, so no Mad Men or Breaking Bad here):

1. Mr. Robot
  2. Watchmen
  3. Halt & Catch Fire
  4. Orphan Black 
  5. The Expanse
  6. The Last Kingdom
  7. The Americans
  8. Game of Thrones 
  9. Westworld
  10. The Knick

BEST TV SHOW - COMEDY:

1. BoJack Horseman
  2. Veep
  3. Silicon Valley
  4. Fleabag
  5. The Good Place
  6. American Vandal
  7. Rick & Morty
  8. Mom
  9. Russian Doll
  10. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

BEST TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES:

1. Chernobyl
  2. Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell
  3. Maniac
  4. Show Me A Hero
  5. Sharp Objects

BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE (DRAMA, COMEDY AND TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES)

1. Hugh Dancy (Hannibal)
  2. Jared Harris (Chernobyl)
  3. Clive Owen (The Knick)
  4. Rami Malek (Mr. Robot)
  5. Peter Dinkleage (Game of Thrones)
  6. Matthew Rhys (The Americans)
  7. Matthew McConaughey (True Detective)
  8. Dan Stevens (Legion)
  9. Ewan McGregor (Fargo)
  10. David Tennant (Broadchurch)

BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE (DRAMA, COMEDY AND TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES)

1. Keri Russel (The Americans)
  2. Eva Green (Penny Dreadful)
  3. Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black)
  4. Amy Adams (Sharp Objects)
  5. Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld) - I'm going with Helena's logic here and limiting ERW as being the lead on Westworld
  6. Lena Headey (Game of Thrones)
  7. Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep)
  8. Natasha Lyonne (Russian Doll)
  9. Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Fleabag)
  10. Emma Stone (Maniac)

BEST ACTOR IN SUPPORTING ROLE (DRAMA, COMEDY AND TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES)

1. Christian Slater (Mr. Robot)
  2. Tim Blake Nelson (Watchmen)
  3. Billy Bob Thornton (Fargo)
  4. Anthony Starr (The Boys)
  5. Charles Dance (Game of Thrones)
  6. Alfie Allen (Game of Thrones)
  7. Rory Kinnear (Penny Dreadful)
  8. Mads Mikkelson (Hannibal)
  9. Wes Chatham (The Expanse)
  10. Walton Goggins (Justified)

BEST ACTRESS IN SUPPORTING ROLE (DRAMA, COMEDY AND TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES)

1. Aubrey Plaza (Legion)
  2. Gillian Anderson (American Gods)
  3. Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones)
  4. Billie Piper (Penny Dreadful)
  5. Thandie Newton (Westworld)
  6. Kerry Bishe (Halt & Catch Fire)
  7. Jean Smart (Watchmen)
  8. D'Arcy Carden (The Good Place)
  9. Eliza Scanlen (Sharp Objects)
  10. Yvonne Strahovski (The Handmaid's Tale)

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE - TV

1. Mr. Robot
  2. Game of Thrones
  3. Watchmen
  4. Westworld
  5. Penny Dreadful
  6. The Knick
  7. Chernobyl
  8. American Gods

BEST VISUALS - TV

1. Game of Thrones
  2. Hannibal
  3. The Expanse
  4. Westworld
  5. Twin Peaks: The Return
  6. Watchmen
  7. American Gods
  8. Mr. Robot
  9. Penny Dreadful
  10. True Detective

On best director I didn’t know if we were going for overall body of work throughout the decade, or just the single best direction of any one film? I guess the former makes more sense...

in that case I’d probably change my nomination from Scorsese to Villeneuve. 

I like this, and thanks for the extension, and I agree that PM is an ideal method because I do not want to see others' nominations - especially when I respect their opinions so much I'd just defer to their choices.  But, it's easier to just write this all out in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

1.  Best Movie:  12 Years a Slave; Dunkirk; Get Out; Inception; Lincoln; Little Women; Once Upon a Time in Hollywood; The Revenant; Spotlight; Tree of Life.

2.  Best Director:

• Fincher - Social Network
  • Malick - Tree of Life
  • Spielberg - Lincoln
  • Payne - Nebraska
  • Aronofsky - Black Swan
  • Anderson - Grand Budapest Hotel
  • Nolan - Dunkirk 
  • Peele - Get Out
  • Tarantino - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
  • Gerwig - Little Women

3.  Best Actor:

• Daniel Day Lewis - Lincoln
  • Leonardo Dicaprio - The Revenant
  • Colin Firth - The King's Speech

4.  Best Actress:

• Jessica Chastain - Zero Dark Thirty
  • Saoirse Ronan - Lady Bird
  • Frances McDormand - Three Billboards

5.  Supporting Actor:

• Jeremy Renner - The Town
  • Christoph Waltz - Django Unchained
  • Tommy Lee Jones - Lincoln
  • Mark Ruffalo - Spotlight
  • Brad Pitt - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

6.  Supporting Actress:

• Hailee Steinfeld - True Grit
  • Lupita Nyong'o - 12 Years a Slave
  • Rachel McAdams - Spotlight
  • Jennifer Jason Leigh - The Hateful Eight
  • Florence Pugh - Little Women

10.  Best TV Show - Drama:  Mad Men; Breaking Bad; Penny Dreadful; Boardwalk Empire; Better Call Saul; The Crown; Westworld; Watchmen; Justified; Game of Thrones.

11:  Best TV Show - Comedy:  Community; 30 Rock; Parks and Recreation; Black-ish; It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia; South Park; Family Guy; Rick and Morty; ...All I can think of right now.

Alright, getting sick of doing this.  Best TV Actress of the Decade, Century, Millennia, and Profane World:  Eva Green as Vanessa Ives in Penny Dreadful.

On 12/22/2019 at 1:48 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Sandra Oh, Killing Eve (both are undeniably leads)

You know what they should do is kill whomever prevents them from sharing a single lead actress  nomination & win.  Because by nominating both of them separately awards shows are splitting the vote in half for Killing Eve.  And if they both accepted the award together this would make for a great skit (murder for the tiebreaker).

Winner in the category of "IT'S STILL ON??!!?" is Grey's Anatomy.

Here are my nominees. Hope it's not too late to submit.

Spoiler
  1. BEST MOVIE: The Irishman, Avengers: Endgame, Peanut Butter Falcon, Joker, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Ford vs Ferrari, Toy Story 4.
  2. BEST DIRECTOR: The Russo Bros (Endgame), Quentin Tarantino (OUATIH), Martin Scorsese (Irishman),  Todd Phillips (Joker), James Mangold (Ford vs Ferrari)
  3. BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE: Robert Downy Jr., (Endgame) Shia LaBeouf (PBF), Leonardo DiCaprio (OUATIH), Robert DeNiro (Irishman), Joaquin Phoenix (Joker), Roman Griffin Davis (Jojo Rabbit)
  4. BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE: Florence Pugh (Midsommar), Ana de Armas (Knives Out), Scarlet Johanssen (Marriage Story), Renee Zellwegger (Judy), Thomasin McKenzie (Jojo Rabbit), Beanie Feldstein (Book Smart), Kaitlyn Dever (Book Smart),
  5. BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE: Al Pacino (Irishman), Tracey Letts (Ford vs Ferrari), Taika Waititi (Jojo Rabbit), Brad Pitt (OUATIH), Robert Pattinson (The King)
  6. BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE: Kyleigh Curran (Doctor Sleep), Scarlet Johanssen (Jojo Rabbit), Laura Dern (Marriage Story), Caitriona Balfe (Ford vs Ferrari)
  7. BEST ORIGINAL SCORE – MOVIES: Jojo Rabbit, They Shall Not Grow Old, Ad Astra, Avengers: Endgame
  8. BEST MOVIE SONG: Catchy Song (Lego Movie 2), everything else I can recall is from old songs recycled: Rocketman (Elton John), Yesterday (Beetles), Aladdin, & Lion King. :/
  9. BEST VISUALS – MOVIES: Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Star Wars Episode IX, Alita: Battle Angel, Godzilla: King of the Monsters
  10. BEST TV SHOW – DRAMA: Watchmen, The Crown, Handmaid’s Tale, Stranger Things, Russian Dolls, Umbrella Academy, Legion
  11. BEST TV SHOW – COMEDY: Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Good Place, South Park, Letterkenny, GLOW, What We Do In The Shadows, Barry, Veep
  12. BEST TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES: Chernobyl, Catch 22, Good Omens, Watership Down
  13. BEST ORIGINAL SCORE – TV: His Dark Materials, Game of Thrones, Watchmen, Stranger Things, Mandalorian
  14. BEST VISUALS – TV: His Dark Materials, Game of Thrones, Watchmen, Stranger Things

55 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Here are my nominees. Hope it's not too late to submit.

Reveal hidden contents
  1. BEST MOVIE: The Irishman, Avengers: Endgame, Peanut Butter Falcon, Joker, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Ford vs Ferrari, Toy Story 4.
  2. BEST DIRECTOR: The Russo Bros (Endgame), Quentin Tarantino (OUATIH), Martin Scorsese (Irishman),  Todd Phillips (Joker), James Mangold (Ford vs Ferrari)
  3. BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE: Robert Downy Jr., (Endgame) Shia LaBeouf (PBF), Leonardo DiCaprio (OUATIH), Robert DeNiro (Irishman), Joaquin Phoenix (Joker), Roman Griffin Davis (Jojo Rabbit)
  4. BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE: Florence Pugh (Midsommar), Ana de Armas (Knives Out), Scarlet Johanssen (Marriage Story), Renee Zellwegger (Judy), Thomasin McKenzie (Jojo Rabbit), Beanie Feldstein (Book Smart), Kaitlyn Dever (Book Smart),
  5. BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE: Al Pacino (Irishman), Tracey Letts (Ford vs Ferrari), Taika Waititi (Jojo Rabbit), Brad Pitt (OUATIH), Robert Pattinson (The King)
  6. BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE: Kyleigh Curran (Doctor Sleep), Scarlet Johanssen (Jojo Rabbit), Laura Dern (Marriage Story), Caitriona Balfe (Ford vs Ferrari)
  7. BEST ORIGINAL SCORE – MOVIES: Jojo Rabbit, They Shall Not Grow Old, Ad Astra, Avengers: Endgame
  8. BEST MOVIE SONG: Catchy Song (Lego Movie 2), everything else I can recall is from old songs recycled: Rocketman (Elton John), Yesterday (Beetles), Aladdin, & Lion King. :/
  9. BEST VISUALS – MOVIES: Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Star Wars Episode IX, Alita: Battle Angel, Godzilla: King of the Monsters
  10. BEST TV SHOW – DRAMA: Watchmen, The Crown, Handmaid’s Tale, Stranger Things, Russian Dolls, Umbrella Academy, Legion
  11. BEST TV SHOW – COMEDY: Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Good Place, South Park, Letterkenny, GLOW, What We Do In The Shadows, Barry, Veep
  12. BEST TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES: Chernobyl, Catch 22, Good Omens, Watership Down
  13. BEST ORIGINAL SCORE – TV: His Dark Materials, Game of Thrones, Watchmen, Stranger Things, Mandalorian
  14. BEST VISUALS – TV: His Dark Materials, Game of Thrones, Watchmen, Stranger Things

Talk about recency bias...I think every one of your movies is from 2019. :P

The one think I noticed when doing this, I have very popular tastes in entertainment. Give me a popcorn movie and I'm good.

Spoiler

Best movies in no order.  Rogue One(my opinion not yours!!!) Hell or Highwater, 12 years a slave, The Wolf of Wallstreet, The Social Network, Mad Max Fury road, John Wick(not best movie but I liked it), Dunkirk, Three Billboards outside..., Joker.

TV drama,  GOT, The Leftovers, Better Call Saul, Dark, Stranger Things, Big Little Lies, The Walking Dead(the good outshines the bad), The Deuce, Boardwalk Empire

TV comedy, Big Bang Theory, Two and a half men, Silicon Valley, Flea Bag

TV limited series, Sharp Objects, The Night Of, True Detective S1, I put this here because the seasons have nothing to do with each other and S1 was so great it needs to be recognized.

Visuals, Hannibal, Legion, Altered Carbon, GOT, Westworld, Blade Runner, Annihilation, Star Wars-Rogue One all together

It looks like I have missed a few good comedies and drama shows so I guess I have some binging to do. The good place, Veep, It's always Sunny, these came up on every best of list i searched.  Adding to that, The Americans, it was everywhere.

Everyone, sorry for not posting the nominations yet. There was a fire in my laboratory and some other incidents at other work. I'll try to post today... #notgreatstartof2020

2 hours ago, Risto said:

Everyone, sorry for not posting the nominations yet. There was a fire in my laboratory and some other incidents at other work. I'll try to post today... #notgreatstartof2020

Priorities priorities! 

3 hours ago, Risto said:

Indeed, priorities. I'm sorry you had such a rough start of the year, and hope things will remedy quickly.

Archived