Heresy 229 and hitting the refresh button

Black Crow

3 hours ago, Lady Dyanna said:
Same ‘Ol Situation: Original lyrics by Motley Crue...

Come on Heretics, ha ha ha I got something to say...

She's got a feather on her Breastie
Flaming hair to match
Dressed in red on red
She's got a vision from the fire
She claims it as her theory
I tell you boys you just gotta laugh

Now I used to call her Sandy
She changed her name to Ydnas
I guess Inversion is the name of her game
I really used to love her
Then i guess she discovered
It's got to be a symbolic thing
Now all around the world
Girls will be girls

It's the same ol', same ol' situation
It's the same ol', same ol' pox and swords
I say no, no, no
No, no, no

Come on
Now check this out

Introduced me to LynnS
In a flaming ice blue dress
Then they bid me a sweet farewell
Last time I saw them 
They were trapped in echoes 
To the sound of icy screams

Well, all around the “W”
Girls will be girls

It's the same ol', same ol' bull and bat
It's the same ol', same ol' dream and chairn
I said no, no, no
No, no, no, alright

All around the “W”
Girls will be girls

It's the same ol', same ol' bard and (maester’s) chain
I'll tell ya girl it's the same ol', same ol' situation
It's the same ol', same ol' rose and wall
Yeah, uh uh, yeah yeah no, no, yeah yeah

Hah!  A song of ice and fire... that's hilarious.  Now I want to dye my hair blue and find and ice blue dress.

Can I  send this to my niece? She's in her first year at Uni and she writes poetry. Not long ago, she sent me an essay called "Boys will be Boys".  I think she would get a kick out of it.

2 hours ago, Lady Dyanna said:

Yep. Exactly....

No. There was an avid RLJ poster that went by the name, I think, “Corbin” several years ago that some of these guys didn’t get along with too well. Since you had clarified to me when I spoke to you that it had never been your name, then I assume you are someone different. 

I don't know who Corbin is or was.  This is the first time I've heard that name. As far as XYZ theories go; I'm not invested at this point.  Frankly I just don't know.   I'm happy for people to think whatever they want about it.

14 minutes ago, LynnS said:

I don't know who Corbin is or was.  This is the first time I've heard that name. As far as XYZ theories go; I'm not invested at this point.  Frankly I just don't know.   I'm happy for people to think whatever they want about it.

Some days I’m really not sure I care a whole lot about any of it anymore. In a way, we already got our answer with the show, even though I’m sure there will be substantial differences throughout. That’s not even mentioning all of the craziness in interpersonal and forum relationships that occurred a couple years back now. I don’t know about you, but it cost me multiple people that I had thought of as friends over a couple year period. I’m still not really entirely over it all. The stupid feuds and dueling forums. The disrespectful attitudes. The personal attacks. The multiple accounts that nobody admitted to and used proxies for. People pretending to be anyone other than themselves, including their own spouse. Everyone trying to point fingers and argue over who’s behavior was worse when all of us were being stupid, trying to control who got to be friends with whom. Blanket bans over stupidity. Public arguments on help forums. Not to mention hours, days, weeks, months of time wasted trying to put the puzzle pieces together to figure out what in the world actually happened. And ya know what? I still have no idea. 

4 minutes ago, LynnS said:

The whole thing would be a bit too Sailor Moon, but the tips would be ok.

Yeah. I was never brave enough to do more than either just the tips, and a couple times foiled highlights. I think they were just fine purple highlights. Didn’t stay in for long though. 

44 minutes ago, Lady Dyanna said:

Not to mention hours, days, weeks, months of time wasted trying to put the puzzle pieces together to figure out what in the world actually happened. And ya know what? I still have no idea. 

I can't help you with the puzzle pieces. That was before I was a member on that site.  I didn't stay long and I know you had a terrible time there at one point. 

My interests have narrowed quite a bit.  I'm happy to talk to a few people who are interested in the same thing. 

11 hours ago, Lady Dyanna said:
Same ‘Ol Situation: Original lyrics by Motley Crue...

Come on Heretics, ha ha ha I got something to say...

She's got a feather on her Breastie
Flaming hair to match
Dressed in red on red
She's got a vision from the fire
She claims it as her theory
I tell you boys you just gotta laugh

Now I used to call her Sandy
She changed her name to Ydnas
I guess Inversion is the name of her game
I really used to love her
Then i guess she discovered
It's got to be a symbolic thing
Now all around the world
Girls will be girls

It's the same ol', same ol' pox and swords
I say no, no, no
No, no, no

Come on
Now check this out

Introduced me to LynnS
In a flaming ice blue dress
Then they bid me a sweet farewell
Last time I saw them 
They were trapped in echoes 
To the sound of icy screams

Well, all around the “W”
Girls will be girls

It's the same ol', same ol' bull and bat
It's the same ol', same ol' dream and chairn
I said no, no, no
No, no, no, alright

All around the “W”
Girls will be girls

It's the same ol', same ol' bard and (maester’s) chain
I'll tell ya girl it's the same ol', same ol' situation
It's the same ol', same ol' rose and wall
Yeah, uh uh, yeah yeah no, no, yeah yeah

FYI: It’s not even the same @corbon  The other guy had an “I” NOT an “O.” :bang:

I have strong opinions. So what? Words are wind. 

9 hours ago, Lady Dyanna said:

Some days I’m really not sure I care a whole lot about any of it anymore. In a way, we already got our answer with the show, even though I’m sure there will be substantial differences throughout. That’s not even mentioning all of the craziness in interpersonal and forum relationships that occurred a couple years back now. I don’t know about you, but it cost me multiple people that I had thought of as friends over a couple year period. I’m still not really entirely over it all. The stupid feuds and dueling forums. The disrespectful attitudes. The personal attacks. The multiple accounts that nobody admitted to and used proxies for. People pretending to be anyone other than themselves, including their own spouse. Everyone trying to point fingers and argue over who’s behavior was worse when all of us were being stupid, trying to control who got to be friends with whom. Blanket bans over stupidity. Public arguments on help forums. Not to mention hours, days, weeks, months of time wasted trying to put the puzzle pieces together to figure out what in the world actually happened. And ya know what? I still have no idea. 

Are you talking about this forum or another place?

@LynnS And @alienarea (I’m just tagging the two of you because this is in direct response to both of your comments, not to direct it at you personally.) But....No. it all (the drama) started here on Westeros as far as I know, and always looped back through. I wasn’t around for the first part of it, but I managed to get dragged into it somewhere along the line by those who were involved. There was drama in this community well before I got here, and I’m sure it will remain long after I’m gone.

It’s like there’s a mental block in people’s minds that doesn’t allow them to consider any perspective other than their own, both in book and personal related matters (for those of us who had become closer friends.) The issues and splits that I’m aware of are pretty much all from within Heresy and the numerous “splinter forums“ that it’s members have formed. First there was Sable Hall. It blew up spectacularly from my understanding, but I had missed that forum incarnation. I got sucked into the drama at The Last Hearth when the updates to Westeros delayed the posting of the Heresy XYJ Parentage Project. Mojo and WeaselPie had some crazy fight for control of the site that resulted in the eventual split off and formation of the House of Black and White. When I tried to remain neutral and keep friends on both sides, I was accused of being a spy by BOTH sides and summarily kicked from everywhere. About the only person that had it even worse was the group’s attempted peacemaker. He’s probably one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met yet he got turned into the root of all evil all while having his own privacy invaded. If Mojo ever sends and of the rest of you all screenshots of anything... delete them and run!!!  @The Snowfyre Chorus

1 minute ago, Lady Dyanna said:

@LynnS And @alienarea (I’m just tagging the two of you because this is in direct response to both of your comments, not to direct it at you personally.) But....No. it all (the drama) started here on Westeros as far as I know, and always looped back through. I wasn’t around for the first part of it, but I managed to get dragged into it somewhere along the line by those who were involved. There was drama in this community well before I got here, and I’m sure it will remain long after I’m gone.

It’s like there’s a mental block in people’s minds that doesn’t allow them to consider any perspective other than their own, both in book and personal related matters for those of us who had become closer friends. And the splits I’m aware of are pretty much all from within Heresy. First there was Sable Hall. It blew up but I had missed that incarnation. I got sucked into the drama at The Last Hearth when the updates to Westeros delayed the posting of the Heresy XYJ Parentage Project. Then Mojo and WeaselPie had their fight for control that resulted in House of Black and White. When I tried to remain neutral and keep friends on both sides, Mojo and Ser Duncan I was accused of being a spy by BOTH sides and summarily kicked from everywhere. About the only person that got an even worse deal was poor@The Snowfyre Chorus

Lady Dyanna. Everyone moved on a long time ago. Why dig up and chew this old bone?

I don't have a mental block.  I'm only aware of the stuff that happened at the other site.  I wasn't around when any of this stuff happened on any site.  I was told today that my mom is in the last stages of heart failure, so that's enough for me to be going on about right now.  I don't have anything to do with any of this other stuff and I don't want to hear about it. 

9 hours ago, Melifeather said:

I have strong opinions. So what? Words are wind. 

There’s nothing wrong with having opinions. We all do. What is wrong is when you completely disregard the opinions of others in favor of your own, despite contrary evidence and without respect. I understand that others have not always been respectful towards you, but it doesn’t mean that you need to turn around and do the same to others. I understand that it may not be intentional, but it is the way that it is perceived. And unfortunately perception is the majority of most people’s reality. For example, it does you no favors to continue to insist on an idea as being fact without being properly able to defend it, or being unwilling to listen to the constructive criticism of others without seeing it as a slight. Other people like to have their opinions respected as well. And many have gone through substantial effort, just like you, to supply quotes and counter evidence that is summarily dismissed. It can be very frustrating to be on the other side of that. 

17 minutes ago, Melifeather said:

Lady Dyanna. Everyone moved on a long time ago. Why dig up and chew this old bone?

Because not everyone has moved on from it. You only say that you have. The every action of every poster on this forum is still colored by the perceptions that have been left behind. And several people have been responsible for harming others on an actual personal level yet have denied any responsibility for their own actions. People are people, whether online or in life and should always be treated and respected as such.

For that matter I’m getting messages from you for being offended by my attempt to diffuse my own frustration through humor. Yet instead of that it’s seen as a personal attack and meant to cause you personal harm through doxing you. FFS. You have gone by the forum name Melisandre. It’s how you got your current name.... a combo of that and Feather Crystal. Sandy was just shorter than Melisandre. Why must you all see intended harm in everything that is done? 

21 minutes ago, Lady Dyanna said:

There’s nothing wrong with having opinions. We all do. What is wrong is when you completely disregard the opinions of others in favor of your own, despite contrary evidence and without respect. I understand that others have not always been respectful towards you, but it doesn’t mean that you need to turn around and do the same to others. I understand that it may not be intentional, but it is the way that it is perceived. And unfortunately perception is the majority of most people’s reality. For example, it does you no favors to continue to insist on an idea as being fact without being properly able to defend it, or being unwilling to listen to the constructive criticism of others without seeing it as a slight. Other people like to have their opinions respected as well. And many have gone through substantial effort, just like you, to supply quotes and counter evidence that is summarily dismissed. It can be very frustrating to be on the other side of that. 

Have I treated you unfairly? Or are you referring to someone else?

13 minutes ago, Lady Dyanna said:

Because not everyone has moved on from it. You only say that you have. The every action of every poster on this forum is still colored by the perceptions that have been left behind. And several people have been responsible for harming others on an actual personal level yet have denied any responsibility for their own actions. People are people, whether online or in life and should always be treated and respected as such.

For that matter I’m getting messages from you for being offended by my attempt to diffuse my own frustration through humor. Yet instead of that it’s seen as a personal attack and meant to cause you personal harm through doxing you. FFS. You have gone by the forum name Melisandre. It’s how you got your current name.... a combo of that and Feather Crystal. Sandy was just shorter than Melisandre. Why must you all see intended harm in everything that is done? 

Why are you airing a personal grievance on Heresy? Wouldn’t this be more appropriate to address in a PM? I’m happy to go over anything you wish to discuss - privately. 

Just now, Melifeather said:

Have I treated you unfairly? Or are you referring to someone else?

No. You haven’t treated me unfairly, but I did feel as if Corbon had been treated unfairly yesterday. Him stating his opinion was no more offensive than any of the rest of us doing the same, yet it was treated differently.

I will say that I was a bit frustrated last night with the conversation that we all were having seeming to turn back into the exact same argument as always when I was attempting to explore things from a different angle. That was exasperated by some personal frustrations as well. I try not to take out real life frustration here, but it does spill over at times. (And can also make minor annoyances feel much larger then they actually are.) I do apologize if I offended you. That was certainly not my intent. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Dyanna said:

No. You haven’t treated me unfairly, but I did feel as if Corbon had been treated unfairly yesterday. Him stating his opinion was no more offensive than any of the rest of us doing the same, yet it was treated differently.

I will say that I was a bit frustrated last night with the conversation that we all were having seeming to turn back into the exact same argument as always when I was attempting to explore things from a different angle. That was exasperated by some personal frustrations as well. I try not to take out real life frustration here, but it does spill over at times. (And can also make minor annoyances feel much larger then they actually are.) I do apologize if I offended you. That was certainly not my intent. 

You haven’t offended me. I’m happy to re-explore anything you’d like. 

Archived