aSoIaF Confessions

Lyanna<3Rhaegar

14 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Perhaps it is different, as a man.  I think we would think that a man was gay or bisexual (even if he refused to admit it to himself) who thought about another man in the way that Cersei thinks about Taena.

Ah okay. I don't know of course in regards to men. But I'd say it is not unusual for straight women at all :) Even though everyone is different of course.

As to other women, Nymeria Sand might well be lesbian or bisexual, and may play quite a big role in TWOW.  

Oh okay, I can't remember about there being any references to her sexuality.

Ellaria is supposedly bisexual, according to Oberyn.

Totally forgot about her. Thanks!

59 minutes ago, SeanF said:

And, Cersei, for that matter is always thinking about how sexy and gorgeous Taena is.

True

28 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

But bi sexuality is not finding a woman sexy or gorgeous. Believe me most women actually think of other beautiful women in those terms even if they are 100% straight and don't want to sleep with them or a relationship with them. And I suspect that it's maybe not so different for men, but you guys just don't talk about it- but maybe I'm wrong.

Sexy means you really wanna have sex with them, right? Idk, Ive never checked out a dude before, if I did im pretty sure itd make me bi or whatever. Like Cersei. Or Jon checking out Satin, theyre not heterosexual thoughts

59 minutes ago, SeanF said:

There's probably nothing that unusual about royal and noble women amusing themselves with maids and ladies in waiting. 

Idk. I would guess its frowned upon

The septa said, "Megga Tyrell and Elinor Tyrell stand accused of lewdness, fornication, and conspiracy to commit high treason. Alla Tyrell has been charged with witnessing their shame and helping them conceal it. All this Queen Margaery has also been accused of, as well as adultery and high treason."

Whats lewdness? Cousins or lesbians? Fornication would be BlueBard

38 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I got the feeling Taena was infatuated with Cersei. But of course she could just be a really good actress.

Shes so secretive, and just oozes sexuality. Shes like James Bond. Probably is a spy or agent of some sort, I really mistrust her and think everything shes doing is for her cause, whatever it is. I have no real reason to think any of this except shes too convenient and Jaime mistrusts her

Don't even know, if I'd call that "being in love". I just think she is really, really, really attracted to him lol

Yea, whatever

Dany might be a bit fluent. But I don't see any signs, that she could really fall in love with a woman.

Is that the cut off for homosexuality? Idk. She enjoyed fucking a lady. Idk how else to call it lol

Ehh. What? Quote please? 

I think there are no signs, that Irri is attracted to her romantically or sexually as a person or woman. She is probably used to having to serve her masters sexually and wants to be a good servant to Dany, because she thinks Dany is a good queen to her. But her "kisses taste like duty" is IMO all you need to know.

"Should I pleasure the khaleesi?"

Dany stepped away from her. "No. Irri, you do not need to do that. What happened that night, when you woke . . . you're no bed slave, I freed you, remember? You . . . " 

"I am handmaid to the Mother of Dragons," the girl said. "It is great honor to please my khaleesi."

Your probably right. Danys handmaids are as "free" as her castrated army. But maybe your not.

Shes not the only one to love her queen. Jorah has mixed feelings too.

22 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Ellaria is supposedly bisexual, according to Oberyn.

True. Good call

8 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

True

Sexy means you really wanna have sex with them, right? Idk, Ive never checked out a dude before, if I did im pretty sure itd make me bi or whatever. Like Cersei. Or Jon checking out Satin, theyre not heterosexual thoughts

Idk. I would guess its frowned upon

Whats lewdness? Cousins or lesbians? Fornication would be BlueBard

Shes so secretive, and just oozes sexuality. Shes like James Bond. Probably is a spy or agent of some sort, I really mistrust her and think everything shes doing is for her cause, whatever it is. I have no real reason to think any of this except shes too convenient and Jaime mistrusts her

Yea, whatever

Is that the cut off for homosexuality? Idk. She enjoyed fucking a lady. Idk how else to call it lol

Your probably right. Danys handmaids are as "free" as her castrated army. But maybe your not.

True. Good call

I imagine "lewdness" would mean sexual activity other than full sexual intercourse with a man, which would be "fornication".  Possibly lewdness might include sexual activity with other girls, although I should think that would be viewed as a fairly minor matter.   

15 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Just wanna chime in here & agree with NN. I don't think it's odd or rare at all for a straight woman to find another woman sexy or attractive or whatever. I think most of us check out other woman to an extent. 

You're right though, there is somewhat of a double standard for men because (obviously I don't know for sure what men think) but I've never heard a straight man check out or comment on another man. 

19 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Yeah, it's tricky right? Idk what the "cut off" is for homosexuality other than if someone says they are then they are. But certainly Dany experimented with homosexuality & irl I would say this person at least has some questions about their sexuality. In universe it's a little different because Irri is her servant & does what she does out of some perceived (real or not) sense of duty. But still Dany allows it, indicating there is some sexual attraction to other women. 

I guess my point is someone may participate in a homosexual act but not be homosexual or bi-sexual. Maybe they had some questions about their sexuality but upon participating in said act realized they are just not into that & now their heterosexuality is confirmed for them. 

Don't think that's really what happened with Dany. Her issues with the whole thing are not that Irri is a woman but that Irri's kisses taste of duty. So, I would say she is indeed bisexual, by today's standards anyway. They think differently than us in regards to sexuality but if you are sexually attracted to someone of the same sex to the point that you allow them to "get you off" I think you must be, at the least, bisexual. 

2 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Yeah, it's tricky right? Idk what the "cut off" is for homosexuality other than if someone says they are then they are. But certainly Dany experimented with homosexuality & irl I would say this person at least has some questions about their sexuality. In universe it's a little different because Irri is her servant & does what she does out of some perceived (real or not) sense of duty. But still Dany allows it, indicating there is some sexual attraction to other women. 

I guess my point is someone may participate in a homosexual act but not be homosexual or bi-sexual. Maybe they had some questions about their sexuality but upon participating in said act realized they are just not into that & now their heterosexuality is confirmed for them. 

Don't think that's really what happened with Dany. Her issues with the whole thing are not that Irri is a woman but that Irri's kisses taste of duty. So, I would say she is indeed bisexual, by today's standards anyway. They think differently than us in regards to sexuality but if you are sexually attracted to someone of the same sex to the point that you allow them to "get you off" I think you must be, at the least, bisexual. 

I think Dany is a good deal more enthusiastic about Daario than she is about Irri.  And, as you say, she's troubled at the idea of Irri simply doing it out of perceived duty. I don't think that Dany would have any moral qualms about falling in love with another woman, but I suspect that her chief love interest if she gets to Westeros will be Jon Snow (if the books ever get finished).

21 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

nah, not necessarily. Like L<3R said straight women do check each other out and find each other sexy or attractive sometimes. I think in general women just really appreciate other women's beauty, but men's as well and it's not always so connected with immediately  wanting to have sex with them, like maybe it is for men, when they find someone attractive? - I dunno. 

But I also didn't think Jon is into to Satin tbh

I got the impression she was really attracted to and infatuated with Cersei, doesn't mean her intentions were pure of course. 

I just think it's not so black and white for some people. Romantic and sexual attraction are not always the same. And I also don't see any hints, that it is Irri specifically she is sexually attracted to. I just go the impression she is just doing it with her, because she was the one, who "offered"/was good at pleasuring her.  

Well we don't get a Irri pov, but this quote here "I am handmaid to the Mother of Dragons," the girl said. "It is great honor to please my khaleesi."(thanks btw) says nothing more to me, than that she is an obedient servant. And IMO "her kisses taste of duty" is a very strong sign. This is hardly how Dany described Jorah's kiss. In general Irri behaves nothing like Jorah in this regard. 

Dany stopped "using" Irri for a reason, she could feel this was not pleasure for her but duty. She didn't have a bad conscience about it for no reason.

26 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I think Dany is a good deal more enthusiastic about Daario than she is about Irri.  And, as you say, she's troubled at the idea of Irri simply doing it out of perceived duty. I don't think that Dany would have any moral qualms about falling in love with another woman, but I suspect that her chief love interest if she gets to Westeros will be Jon Snow (if the books ever get finished).

Yeah I agree. 

24 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

So, I would say she is indeed bisexual, by today's standards anyway. They think differently than us in regards to sexuality but if you are sexually attracted to someone of the same sex to the point that you allow them to "get you off" I think you must be, at the least, bisexual. 

IMO it is a question of definition. I think there are people, who are sometimes sexually attracted to the same gender, but not necessarily romantically. Or are at least not sexually repulsed by the same gender, so if a sexual encounter with the same gender is satisfying for them, they might welcome it. And that's the impression I got from Dany in regards to Irri. To me it just seemed like she really wanted to have sex lol, but if Dany could have had Daario without any consequences, she would have definitely preferred him over Irri. But yeah might be wrong. And I also always thought to be "truly bi" a romantic attraction to both genders was also needed. Might have to look that up now lol 

37 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I imagine "lewdness" would mean sexual activity other than full sexual intercourse with a man, which would be "fornication". 

Could be

37 minutes ago, SeanF said:

.  Possibly lewdness might include sexual activity with other girls, although I should think that would be viewed as a fairly minor matter.   

I wouldn't think its viewed as fairly minor or Cersei wouldn't have fabricated that part to begin with. 

We know the sept disapproves of homosexuality, no real reason to think it doesnt feel the same way with lesbans

21 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Word. Dany enjoyed herself, which was in contrast to Cersei who didnt

I think Dany is a good deal more enthusiastic about Daario than she is about Irri. 

Yea. Jorah too

I suspect that her chief love interest if she gets to Westeros will be Jon Snow 

Yea, but he'll be too busy checking out Daario lol

2 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

nah, not necessarily. Like L<3R said straight women do check each other out and find each other sexy or attractive sometimes. I think in general women just really appreciate other women's beauty, but men's as well and it's not always so connected with immediately  wanting to have sex with them, like maybe it is for men, when they find someone attractive? - I dunno. 

Generally speaking, Im sure we're different. I don't appreciate anything lol. Idk, I mean its not all about sex, just mostly. 

But like, you guys talk about the guy who played Robb like he didnt look like an average guy. Like how I would talk about Emilia Clarke. Whom is beyond the level of any guy. Not just Emilia but like Yarra too. (Whom I agree is not a dimepiece but is still, a woman)

13 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

But I also didn't think Jon is into to Satin tbh

Course he is

14 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I just think it's not so black and white for some people. Romantic and sexual attraction are not always the same. 

Word

17 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Dany stopped "using" Irri for a reason, she could feel this was not pleasure for her but duty. She didn't have a bad conscience about it for no reason.

Perhaps

10 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

IMO it is a question of definition. I think there are people, who are sometimes sexually attracted to the same gender, but not necessarily romantically. Or are at least not sexually repulsed by the same gender, so if a sexual encounter with the same gender is satisfying for them, they might welcome it. And that's the impression I got from Dany in regards to Irri. To me it just seemed like she really wanted to have sex lol, but if Dany could have had Daario without any consequences, she would have definitely preferred him over Irri. But yeah might be wrong. And I also always thought to be "truly bi" a romantic attraction to both genders was also needed. Might have to look that up now lol 

Yeah, I'm not sure either but as a straight woman I can't see myself being able to get off with another woman. 

I'm not necessarily sexually repulsed by the same gender there just isn't anything there. Like it would be like ... Well I don't know what it would be like but not like with a man lol. 

14 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Word. Dany enjoyed herself, which was in contrast to Cersei who didnt

Right. 

Yea, but he'll be too busy checking out Daario lol

Course he is

You take that back or I will rise up in all my Onion Mightiness & reign terror down on you, the likes of which have never been seen before! :fencing:

Haha jk. Really though, I don't know where this stuff comes from. I just never read anything that implied to me that Jon was attracted to Satin or any other man. What makes you think that? 

5 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Generally speaking, Im sure we're different. I don't appreciate anything lol. Idk, I mean its not all about sex, just mostly. 

But like, you guys talk about the guy who played Robb like he didnt look like an average guy. Like how I would talk about Emilia Clarke. Whom is beyond the level of any guy. Not just Emilia but like Yarra too. (Whom I agree is not a dimepiece but is still, a woman)

Tbh I'm probably more into Emilia Clarke and Asha (who I find very sexy :) ) than into Robb lol. First at all it's weird because he's only 14-16 in the books and I can't shake that. Also tbh I only have seen yt clips of the show (but slowly I feel like I've seen the whole show that way lol), but from what I've seen Jon and Robb are 20 something but act like their 14 year old counterparts, which is just not attractive. lol Also made me hate Robb more, that he just thinks he can fall in love with Tilla, while not even trying to get lemon cakes and needle back. A guy, who doesn't care for his sisters is not attractive.

Tbh come to think of it I really find the women on the show more attractive (Dany, Missandei, Asha, Osha :wub:), that the men. I mean there are Daario and Jon and Robb and also Drogo and Loras, who are all conventionally attractive. But meh.. Drogo is a rapist, Jon and Robb are dumb and Daario and Loras are just ... I don't know lol

16 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

You take that back or I will rise up in all my Onion Mightiness & reign terror down on you, the likes of which have never been seen before! :fencing:

Haha jk. Really though, I don't know where this stuff comes from. I just never read anything that implied to me that Jon was attracted to Satin or any other man. What makes you think that? 

me neither! Already wanted to summon you to chime in here as a Jon expert. Not that I'd dislike Jon being into men- would actually be kind cool :) -but it's like the Jonsa thing- I just don't see it.

Also I thought you are an orange now? lol

Yeah, I'm not sure either but as a straight woman I can't see myself being able to get off with another woman. 

I'm not necessarily sexually repulsed by the same gender there just isn't anything there. Like it would be like ... Well I don't know what it would be like but not like with a man lol. 

yeah. I get it maybe Dany is a bit bi then.

I thought you'd be mad that I called Robb an average looking guy lol.

Your mad that our hero is gay? Lots of heroes are bi. Like Achilles, and Batman.

Jon checks out Satin. Its not something straight men do. 

The boy claimed to be eighteen, older than Jon, but he was green as summer grass for all that. Satin, they called him, even in the wool and mail and boiled leather of the Night's Watch; the name he'd gotten in the brothel where he'd been born and raised. He was pretty as a girl with his dark eyes, soft skin, and raven's ringlets.

Was pretty as a girl. Like what? Idk, thinking a guys pretty, hell always thinking hes pretty

Jon Snow did not join the laughter. "Making mock of another man's prayer is fool's work, Pyp. And dangerous."

"If the red god's offended, let him strike me down." All the smiles had died.

"It was the priestess we were laughing at," said Satin, a lithe and pretty youth who had once been a whore in Oldtown. "We were only having a jape, my lord."

3 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

-but it's like the Jonsa thing- I just don't see it.

Jonsa is a stupid "what if". Or some tinfoil theory that may or may not happen.

Satin is now. Like whyd he make Satin his steward? Why hire a prostitute for a job? Unless, you know...

9 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Tbh I'm probably more into Emilia Clarke and Asha (who I find very sexy :) ) than into Robb lol. First at all it's weird because he's only 14-16 in the books and I can't shake that. Also tbh I only have seen yt clips of the show (but slowly I feel like I've seen the whole show that way lol), but from what I've seen Jon and Robb are 20 something but act like their 14 year old counterparts, which is just not attractive. lol Also made me hate Robb more, that he just thinks he can fall in love with Tilla, while not even trying to get lemon cakes and needle back. A guy, who doesn't care for his sisters is not attractive.

Tbh come to think of it I really find the women on the show more attractive (Dany, Missandei, Asha, Osha :wub:), that the men. I mean there are Daario and Jon and Robb and also Drogo and Loras, who are all conventionally attractive. But meh.. Drogo is a rapist, Jon and Robb are dumb and Daario and Loras are just ... I don't know lol

I mean, im not crushing on words on a page. But yea, I like Ashas spunk

9 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Missandei

Oh Missandei! Jesus. Smoking.

Yea, and in the books shes what, fucking 7? Lol

7 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Yea, whats up with that?

17 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

me neither! Already wanted to summon you to chime in here as a Jon expert. Not that I'd dislike Jon being into men- would actually be kind cool :) -but it's like the Jonsa thing- I just don't see it.

Haha!! Dang it I forgot I was an orange! Yeah, I take no issue with Jon liking men, I just don't see it. 

10 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

thought you'd be mad that I called Robb an average looking guy lol.

Your mad that our hero is gay? Lots of heroes are bi. Like Achilles, and Batman.

Jon checks out Satin. Its not something straight men do.

Haha! Robb is an average looking guy. Nah, I'm not mad if he is gay I'm just pissing with you. I just don't see it. 

12 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Was pretty as a girl. Like what? Idk, thinking a guys pretty, hell always thinking hes pretty

Lol!! Well that doesn't make him gay. Haven't you ever thought a man looks pretty enough to be a girl? Maybe not. Idk doesn't seem all that gay to me but I suppose I'll hold judgement until/if we know for sure. 

14 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Satin is now. Like whyd he make Satin his steward? Why hire a prostitute for a job? Unless, you know

Because he thought he would be the best for the job? Idk it seems a poor choice to make someone steward just because he is pretty or you want him to be your boyfriend. Doesn't seem like a very Jon thing to do. 

mean, im not crushing on words on a page. But yea, I like Ashas spunk

Yeah, over all the women are much more attractive than the men I think. Except for Khal Drogo/ Jason Momoa. That man is smoking hot. I block out the bad things he does. I don't really even find Jaime all that attractive & he is supposed to be gorgeous. Jon & Ned both are more attractive than Jaime to me, although part of that is definitely the characters. 

18 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Yea, whats up with that

I forgot! All my Orange-y Mightiness then lol

2 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I don't really even find Jaime all that attractive & he is supposed to be gorgeous. Jon & Ned both are more attractive than Jaime to me, although part of that is definitely the characters. 

I forgot! All my Orange-y Mightiness then lol

Omg yeah, Jaime should be drop-dead gorgeous! The same for Joffrey and Renly actually. Not that they are bad looking. But especially for Jaime and Joffrey, that's a big part of their character IMO. I like Ned too and it's not just the character since I already liked Boromir :wub: Sean Bean, man... Sean Bean haha even though I think he's over 30 years older than me lol I also like the Hound - it's weird 

20 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Omg yeah, Jaime should be drop-dead gorgeous! The same for Joffrey and Renly actually. Not that they are bad looking. But especially for Jaime and Joffrey, that's a big part of their character IMO. I like Ned too and it's not just the character since I already liked Boromir :wub: Sean Bean, man... Sean Bean haha even though I think he's over 30 years older than me lol I also like the Hound - it's weird 

Haha yeah. How old is Sean Bean? I'm gonna Google it lol

ETA: I would have never guessed he is 60! So over 20 years older than me. Still a nice looking man though 

34 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

@Hugorfonics so you can never ever think another guy is pretty as a guy, otherwise you are bi or gay right away? 

Exactly

Have you ever seen Dax Shepard talk about other men? I think he considers himself straight. 

I have not.

I mean, he can consider himself whatever the fuck he wants to be. In fact, hopefully his marriage falls apart so I can swoop in on Kristin Bell lol

. Could it not be straight guys also differ from one another in that regard?

Course. Its 2020. Be whatever you want (except an onion)

30 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Haha!! Dang it I forgot I was an orange!

Yea thats fine

Haha! Robb is an average looking guy. Nah, I'm not mad if he is gay I'm just pissing with you. 

Word, lol

Lol!! Well that doesn't make him gay. Haven't you ever thought a man looks pretty enough to be a girl? Maybe not. Idk doesn't seem all that gay to me but I suppose I'll hold judgement until/if we know for sure. 

Ive thought guys look like girls, but thats usually because theyve got long flowing hair or something. Doesnt Satin have a beard?

Idk, i think it raises some flags lol

33 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Because he thought he would be the best for the job? Idk it seems a poor choice to make someone steward just because he is pretty or you want him to be your boyfriend. Doesn't seem like a very Jon thing to do. 

Lots of people pick the secretary they wanna stare at. (Or sleep next to/with lol)

Like what are Satins skills? Is he a people pleaser like Pyp? An intimidator like Grenn? A literate advisory like Sam? 

Why did Jon feel the need to replace Dolorous Edd? He never seemed lax in his duites to me.

Archived