aSoIaF Confessions

Lyanna<3Rhaegar

2 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Could be

I wouldn't think its viewed as fairly minor or Cersei wouldn't have fabricated that part to begin with

We know the sept disapproves of homosexuality, no real reason to think it doesnt feel the same way with lesbans

Word. Dany enjoyed herself, which was in contrast to Cersei who didnt

Yea. Jorah too

Yea, but he'll be too busy checking out Daario lol

Generally speaking, Im sure we're different. I don't appreciate anything lol. Idk, I mean its not all about sex, just mostly. 

But like, you guys talk about the guy who played Robb like he didnt look like an average guy. Like how I would talk about Emilia Clarke. Whom is beyond the level of any guy. Not just Emilia but like Yarra too. (Whom I agree is not a dimepiece but is still, a woman)

Course he is

Word

Perhaps

Punishing lesbianism is a very modern thing.

Historically, most countries that punished same sex activity restricted such laws to acts between men.  That said, I don't think that sex between men is considered criminal at all, in Westeros, even if it is viewed with contempt, outside Dorne.

23 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Exactly

Remember, when you said I should let you know, when I come across something specifically American. Think I found it :D At least specifically american guy. We Europeans don't think like that.

I have not.

I mean, he can consider himself whatever the fuck he wants to be. In fact, hopefully his marriage falls apart so I can swoop in on Kristin Bell lol

Because that would be the logical conclusion. :lol: But I think she is very appreciative of him checking out other men.

Course. Its 2020. Be whatever you want (except an onion)

No, no that's not truee! That's impossible! 

Can a man be brave, if he is an onion? That's the only time he can be brave!!

47 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

He's 60, I think. But whenever I see him, I only can think of this:

Best romantic scene ever :D And Frodo and Aragorn being all jealous and stuff

Lol. Even back when I saw fellowship in theaters I remember thinking its the "for england" guy 

Such complex characters who tried to do good by doing bad. And such deaths! Lol, sad Ned. 

44 minutes ago, SeanF said:

That said, I don't think that sex between men is considered criminal at all, in Westeros, even if it is viewed with contempt, outside Dorne.

True

29 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Remember, when you said I should let you know, when I come across something specifically American. Think I found it :D At least specifically american guy. We Europeans don't think like that.

:D I do. You said there was something special about us that stood out as being American. Its our homophobia? Lol. We do say Europeans are more open minded

33 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Because that would be the logical conclusion. :lol: 

Like, im buying my ticket to L.A now

34 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

But I think she is very appreciative of him checking out other men.

Lmao. Thats mad gay. I don't care what year it is lol

31 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

:D I do. You said there was something special about us that stood out as being American. Its our homophobia? Lol. We do say Europeans are more open minded

Well you call it homophobia lol I wouldn't dare. All I'm trying to say is, that straight European guys do sometimes stuff like this

And we call that then fun and being comfortable in your sexuality (same thing for Dax S. btw :D) and you would probably call it gay lol

I guess there are reasons for songs like this for you guys: 

And also European men dress.. em differently (better), so maybe that's why they have to check each other out more lol.

31 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Lol. Even back when I saw fellowship in theaters I remember thinking its the "for england" guy 

Oh no! why did you have to do this to me? Really how were any of the show first/only viewers surprised by the end of season 1? lol The biggest spoiler was casting Sean Bean as Ned Stark.

2012 :D the good Dax just being himself, ahead of his time.. when times were still difficult for poor straight men appreciating the male form :D 

Edit: Kinda afraid the great Alexander Skarsgard video might get deleted lol

Also sorry @Lyanna<3Rhaegar for derailing the thread. I actually have a lot of confessions, like thinking Cat was tortured via birds at the RW during my first english reading of ASOIAF, it's well documented on the forum lol, I'm just to lazy to write it all down. So sorry, I'll stop now with posting inappropriate videos!

16 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Such complex characters who tried to do good by doing bad. And such deaths! Lol, sad Ned. 

True

Like, im buying my ticket to L.A now

In any case, most red-blooded males regard homosexuality as utterly depraved, while thinking that lesbianism should be made compulsory.

2 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Well you call it homophobia lol I wouldn't dare. All I'm trying to say is, that straight European guys do sometimes stuff like this

And we call that then fun and being comfortable in your sexuality (same thing for Dax S. btw :D) and you would probably call it gay lol

I guess there are reasons for songs like this for you guys: 

And also European men dress.. em differently (better), so maybe that's why they have to check each other out more lol.

Oh no! why did you have to do this to me? Really how were any of the show first/only viewers surprised by the end of season 1? lol The biggest spoiler was casting Sean Bean as Ned Stark.

2012 :D the good Dax just being himself, ahead of his time.. when times were still difficult for poor straight men appreciating the male form :D 

Also sorry @Lyanna<3Rhaegar for derailing the thread. I actually have a lot of confessions, like thinking Cat was tortured via birds at the RW during my first english reading of ASOIAF, it's well documented on the forum lol, I'm just to lazy to write it all down. So sorry, I'll stop now with posting inappropriate videos!

No worries! Carry on, it's entertaining! Lol

Just now, Neddy's Girl said:

This thread has been super entertaining, especially the latter part!  And I always did think Asha was sexy :D

My confession is that I feel somewhat ashamed that I wouldn't have known about ASOIAF if it wasn't for the damn show.

Me either. I was at a friend's house & they had the show on, it looked interesting & then I figured out it was a book too. Hooked from there. 

1 hour ago, Neddy's Girl said:

This thread has been super entertaining, especially the latter part!  And I always did think Asha was sexy :D

My confession is that I feel somewhat ashamed that I wouldn't have known about ASOIAF if it wasn't for the damn show.

I must confess to this as well. I heard some buzz about the show and saw a copy of AGOT in a supermarket and bought it on a whim. I didn’t even know it was an unfinished series until I went to buy ADWD and it was still in hard cover. It was awesome that I got read the first five books in a row with very few preconceived notions or spoilers though. I tried the show after I was done and stopped early in the second season. The scenes with Qhorin and Jon did me in although I had been grumbling all the way up to that point. I generally don’t care for film adaptations.

10 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

He’s not ahead, but rather not awkwardly behind the times, c’mon! I have plenty of male friends who have no issues of admiring the male from w/o feeling their “macho status” would be questioned. But defo, gay, bi, pan, queer man are, in general, much more confident and much less insecure. :D

10 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

In what universe can anything w/ Alexander Skarsgård be viewed as anything but gorgeous? By all of us, hetero, homo, bi, pan, whatever. What a fine specimen. :drool:

Relevant to both topics here, I was wanting to try out fantasy for a while but was busy and too overwhelmed by the number of options.

Then I saw AGOT in the grocery store check out line and got it just for Sean Bean. :wub: I only had an antenna and streamed and didn't hang with people who watched a lot of tv so had no idea the show existed or that he was in it. I did read all of the books first before jumping into the show, though.

Also, I was within a hair of quitting the series because AFFC and ADWD weren't great for me expect in bits, but the TWOW chapters roped me back in hard.

@Hugorfonics Totally agree that Jon's hot for Satin but it's like prison hot like the prettiest/girliest guy in prison is really popular in ways most guys probably don't want to be popular. Benjen said he should think about being with a woman first, then he couldn't help himself with Ygritte though he really tried, then he's hot for Mel even though he doesn't like her at all, he's hitting on Alys, hot for Val...and hot for Satin. If Jon had other options, I don't get the impression he'd be into other guys. Kid's not suited to celibacy is just that horny. It's going to be important to his arc ~somehow~ based on all of the setup.

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

In what universe can anything w/ Alexander Skarsgård be viewed as anything but gorgeous? By all of us, hetero, homo, bi, pan, whatever. What a fine specimen.

The universe where he reminds you of your much less cool cousin. :(

4 hours ago, Lollygag said:

@Hugorfonics Totally agree that Jon's hot for Satin but it's like prison hot like the prettiest/girliest guy in prison is really popular in ways most guys probably don't want to be popular. Benjen said he should think about being with a woman first, then he couldn't help himself with Ygritte though he really tried, then he's hot for Mel even though he doesn't like her at all, he's hitting on Alys, hot for Val...and hot for Satin. If Jon had other options, I don't get the impression he'd be into other guys. Kid's not suited to celibacy is just that horny. It's going to be important to his arc ~somehow~ based on all of the setup.

Yes, I think Jon swings both ways.

5 hours ago, Lollygag said:

Hence Bette Midler in Ruthless People.

"Nice butt.  Nice butt.  That's what they'll say in prison.  In the St. Quentin country club.  With a cute little tush like that, you'll have no shortage of friends.  Big, rough, hairy friends...."

6 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

He’s not ahead, but rather not awkwardly behind the times, c’mon! I have plenty of male friends who have no issues of admiring the male from w/o feeling their “macho status” would be questioned. But defo, gay, bi, pan, queer man are, in general, much more confident and much less insecure. :D

Me too! :D but I didn't want to be rude, lecturing Hugor about the straight male experience, since I, of course, know nothing about that.

Also thought maybe there is a bit of a cultural difference in that regard, when it comes to american guys in comparison to men from some european countries (generalizing here of course, and I had also promised before to point out things, that make me suspect and american lol) --> therefore of course the Alexander Skarsgård video was absolutely needed! You know... to make my point lol glad, that you appreciate it  :D 

20 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Theres no "probably" about it lmao. Jesus.

20 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Lol. I like that movie Troy. Literally every single person involved in that war receives an early and unexpected demise, like hundreds of thousands of people, except for Odysseus, Sean Bean lol

9 hours ago, Lollygag said:

@Hugorfonics Totally agree that Jon's hot for Satin but it's like prison hot like the prettiest/girliest guy in prison is really popular in ways most guys probably don't want to be popular.

Like the young looking maester on Victarions ship. Yea maybe. So, Satin was a gigolo, now sure its all about the money but, idk, maybe he liked the popularity too? Like, it takes a strong conviction to go through that line of work, or at the least being, err, very comfortable with your sexuality, (like our smug European friends lol)

9 hours ago, Lollygag said:

. Benjen said he should think about being with a woman first, then he couldn't help himself with Ygritte though he really tried, then he's hot for Mel even though he doesn't like her at all, he's hitting on Alys, hot for Val...and hot for Satin. If Jon had other options, I don't get the impression he'd be into other guys. Kid's not suited to celibacy is just that horny. It's going to be important to his arc ~somehow~ based on all of the setup.

No humans suited for that, except like Varys and Greyworm. But Moles town is down the block. Jon feeling restless is no reason to replace Edd, there were other, female, options. 

Ok so confession time, I thought Satin was a girl who wanted to war for a cause Iike Joan of Arc or Mulan (hes not)

I saw a poster for S1 and bought the collection 1-4 before it aired. Read the prologue and the first chapter thought it was ok and didnt pick it up again till i finished the show :( ( forgive me Father for I have sinned. I'm sure if i read about the Imp I woulda stayed lol) watched the pilot when it came out and every week after, made a 20$ bet about Tyrion attempting to kill Bran, god what a waste of 20 bucks lol.

When ADWD came out I just finished affc, I was getting paid byweekly then and had some financial troubles as well, didnt wanna cough up whatever a hardcover costs (couldnt be much, 50 at most? God I was cheap lol) so, I read it online and then again and again, lol. I dont think I've ever actually held a physical adwd ever, and I think its my favorite book ever written lol. (Same with D&E honestly, which I've also read countless times. But for some reason I bought those stupid maester books written by Ran or something lol)

23 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Ive thought guys look like girls, but thats usually because theyve got long flowing hair or something. Doesnt Satin have a beard

Haha yeah I can't remember if he had a beard or not but I guess I just figure the George threw the "pretty as a girl" thing in for us to get a full idea of what Satin looks like & not because Jon, himself, thinks he is hot. But I suppose we will see. Or maybe we won't lol

Lots of people pick the secretary they wanna stare at. (Or sleep next to/with lol)

Yeah for sure but it doesn't seem like something Jon would do does it? 

Like what are Satins skills? Is he a people pleaser like Pyp? An intimidator like Grenn? A literate advisory like Sam

Dunno. Can't remember if Jon says why he makes Satin his steward. I'll have to reread it. I was just speculating that maybe it's because he is suited to the job & not because he is suited to "THE job" 

Why did Jon feel the need to replace Dolorous Edd? He never seemed lax in his duites to me

No me either but it does seem out of Jon's character to put someone in a position because he has the hots for him. 

And you are a drunk. "What he was in Oldtown is none of our concern. He's quick to learn and very clever. The other recruits started out despising him, but he won them over and made friends of them all. He's fearless in a fight and can even read and write after a fashion. He should be capable of fetching me my meals and saddling my horse, don't you think?

I think Jon sees potential in Satin and it’s interesting he uses some of the same reasons that Jeor and Aemon saw in him. Satin was by Jon’s side throughout the battle with the Thenns at Castle Black, too. Jon mentions smelling the perfume Satin combs into his beard at the scene at the Weirwood grove when they find Wun Wun and the other Wildlings. I guess it doesn’t hurt that he’s pretty and smells good but he doesn’t seem very good at tending to the fire in Jon’s quarters. 

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Haha yeah I can't remember if he had a beard or not but I guess I just figure the George threw the "pretty as a girl" thing in for us to get a full idea of what Satin looks like & not because Jon, himself, thinks he is hot. But I suppose we will see. Or maybe we won't lol

"The oil," Jon said. Satin nodded. Together they snatched up the thick quilted pads they'd left beside the fire, lifted the heavy kettle of boiling oil, and dumped it down the hole on the Thenns below. The shrieks were as bad as anything he had ever heard, and Satin looked as though he was going to be sick. Jon kicked the trapdoor shut, set the heavy iron kettle on top of it, and gave the boy with the pretty face a hard shake. "Retch later," Jon yelled.

Satin was loosing quarrels at the wildlings on the steps, then ducking down behind a merlon to cock the crossbow. He may be pretty, but he's quick.

So after a brief search for the word pretty in relation to some guy (Joff likes pretty. Keep her pretty, smile and you'll be pretty) Petyr mockingly calls Loras that as Tyrion calls Joffrey. Cersei also thinks or Loras as pretty, but shes not a guy. 

He may be pretty, but he's quick.

Like, what does that mean? Not a bad throw for a girl? Or something like that, idk. Maybe its his Targaryen blood, the fires inside him

Yeah for sure but it doesn't seem like something Jon would do does it? 

Who knows? I didnt expect him to kill Janos. Certainly didnt expect him to kidnap Gillys daughter. (Kill the boy and be a man... Or however it went) It's a little out of character, but you know, power corrupts. 

Dunno. Can't remember if Jon says why he makes Satin his steward. I'll have to reread it. I was just speculating that maybe it's because he is suited to the job & not because he is suited to "THE job" 

No me either but it does seem out of Jon's character to put someone in a position because he has the hots for him. 

I mean its not like its a hard job. Seems pretty brainless to me. No reason why he shouldn't have the job, just no real good reason why he should that I see. (He was brave and all that though, not trying to diminish Satin)

Archived