Time to show your true colours

Greywater-Watch

Within half a year we will - hopefully - have TWOW in our hands (and devour it).

Then some will triumphantly claim they had been right with their theories, others will not.

Why not state the position towards several theories here and now, so we can see who was close to the mark.

I selected 14 questions:

A) Who is the "Hodded Man" in Winterfell?

1 Hallis Mollen

2 Harwin

3 Someone else

B ) Who wrote the Pink Letter

1 Ramsay Bolton

2 Stannis

3 Someone else

C) Rickon Stark, Shaggydog and Davos return alive from Skagos and Rickon is presented to Stannis and/or House Manderly

1 Yes

2 No

D) Jon Snow after the mutiny at the Night Watch

1 is dead and needs resurrection by Melissandre

2 is only wounded

3 other

E) Arya's killing of Raff the Sweetling (or someone from the entourage of Harys Swyft) was done on the orders of the Faceless Men

1 Yes

2 No

F) Arya hears of or meets fArya (Jeyne Poole)

1 Yes

2 No

G) Jamie/Brienne Lady Stoneheart

1 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting

2 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie does not survive the meeting

3 Other Outcome

H) The boy with Jon Connington landing in Westeros in ADWD is Aegon Targaryen, the second child and only son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Princess Elia Martell

1 True

2 False (thus he is a fake = fAegon)

I) Jon Snow’s true parentage

1 Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow

2 Ned Stark + Ashara =Jon Snow

3 Other parentage

J) Grey Scale will be transmitted by Jon Connington and/or Shireen Baratheon to other people

1 Yes

2 No

K) The outcome of the Battle of Ice (at the Crofters Village), the capture of Winterfell is not included

1 Stannis wins and survives

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

L) Who is the Harpy in Mereen?

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare

3 Reznak mo Reznak

4 someone else

M) Robb’s will disinherits Sansa

1 Yes

2 No

N) If Victarion orders the dragon horn (“dragonbinder”) to be blown, Victarion himself gains control over at least one dragon

1 True

2 False

My choice is (from A-N):

A1-B1-C1-D2-E2-F1-G1-H1-I1-J1-K1-L3-M1-N2

A-3. Somebody else. There was a theory floating around that Hallis Mollen was killed in the Riverlands and that's why Ned's bones disappeared. Harwin is with Lady Stoneheart. I don't see how he would've had time to get to Winterfell so quickly.

B-1. Ramsay, but he's being fed some false information. I think Mance Rayder is screwed, though.

C-2. Rickon and Shaggydog never make it back to the mainland. Davos going to Skagos inadvertently gets them killed somehow, along with Osha if she's even still alive. Davos will live.

D-1. Melisandre will bring him back. Maybe Shireen being sacrificed satisfies the Lord of Light?

E-2. That was her fulfilling her illegal (as far as the Faceless Men are concerned) kill list.

F-2? Hard to say. I would guess no. I think Jeyne Poole will be dead or in hiding by the time Arya makes it back North.

G-3. Jaime and Brienne survive on the condition they help retake Riverrun. I don't know how Jaime would betray his family, but one way or the other, there will be bloodshed in Riverrun. Brienne just got a highly disfiguring wound, it would be overkill to have her meet her end so quickly after that, but GRRM is unpredictable.

H-2. He's a fake and won't make it as far as people think he will. He will not overthrow Cersei; he will die before he makes it to King's Landing.

I-1. R+L = J.

J. JonCon will perhaps cause a small epidemic that causes a castle or two to be quarantined, dooming those trapped inside. Val was overreacting when she was telling people Shireen was dangerous.

K-1. Stannis will win and survive that battle.

L-2. Galazza Galare. There are some very convincing threads that highly support her basically rubbing the fact in Dany's face.

M. No idea. The thought has never crossed my mind.

N-2. Victarion will not do anything successful with the dragons.

10 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

Within half a year we will - hopefully - have TWOW in our hands (and devour it).

Then some will triumphantly claim they had been right with their theories, others will not.

Why not state the position towards several theories here and now, so we can see who was close to the mark.

I selected 14 questions:

1 Hallis Mollen

2 Harwin - yep!

3 Someone else

1 Ramsay Bolton

2 Stannis - yep!

3 Someone else

C) Rickon Stark, Shaggydog and Davos return alive from Skagos and Rickon is presented to Stannis and/or House Manderly

1 Yes - yep!

2 No

1 is dead and needs resurrection by Melisandre - yep!

2 is only wounded

3 other

E) Arya's killing of Raff the Sweetling (or someone from the entourage of Harys Swyft) was done on the orders of the Faceless Men

1 Yes

2 No - yep!

1 Yes

2 No - yep!

1 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting - yep!

3 Other Outcome

H) The boy with Jon Connington landing in Westeros in ADWD is Aegon Targaryen, the second child and only son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Princess Elia Martell

1 True - yes!

1 Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow - yes!

3 Other parentage

J) Grey Scale will be transmitted by Jon Connington and/or Shireen Baratheon to other people

1 Yes

2 No - no but would be neat!

K) The outcome of the Battle of Ice (at the Crofters Village), the capture of Winterfell is not included

2 Stannis wins but dies - yes!

3 The Boltons win

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare

3 Reznak mo Reznak - yes!

4 someone else

1 Yes - yes!

2 No

N) If Victarion orders the dragon horn (“dragonbinder”) to be blown, Victarion himself gains control over at least one dragon

1 True 

2 False 

I don’t know how to respond to this so I will elaborate. I don’t think it’s a matter of true or false. I don’t think the horn works how Victorian or Euron thinks it does.

My choice is (from A-N):

A1-B1-C1-D2-E2-F1-G1-H1-I1-J1-K1-L3-M1-N2

Some of them will get a different answer, but I used your choices for simplicity.

3 Someone else

1 Ramsay Bolton

1 Yes

2 No

2 No

1 Yes

4 someone else

1 Yes

2 False

16 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

:A) Who is the "Hodded Man" in Winterfell?

1 Hallis Mollen

2 Harwin

3 Someone else

Mollen is my preferred candidate at the mo, but Harwin is a possibility, as are others. :dunno:

1 Ramsay Bolton

2 Stannis

3 Someone else

Ah, an easy one... RAMSAY SNOW, THE BASTARD OF BOLTON. 

1 Yes

2 No

Yes and no. They will return to Westeros, but won’t meet Stannis or Manderly straight away. And unicorns! Fierce Skagosi warriors! :commie:

2 is only wounded

3 other

Wounded, will have a near-death experience. Good chance of spending some quality time with inside Ghost. 

1 Yes

2 No

Undecided. 

1 Yes

2 No

Maybe. I tend to think yes, but that Arya reaches CB before Jeyne, but have to check the timeline to answer properly. Will come back and edit once I’ve done that.

3 Other Outcome

Jaime and Brienne survive the meeting. 

1 True

Undecided, but lean towards Young Griff being the real deal. 

3 Other parentage

Another easy one, yay! R+L=J

1 Yes

2 No

Yes.

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

Stannis wins and survives.

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare

3 Reznak mo Reznak

4 someone else

Don’t really care, and have only read those chapters a couple of times, a long time ago. Back then I thought Reznak, if they do have the one leader. 

1 Yes

2 No

Possible, but not sure. 

1 True

2 False

Nope. I hope he dies screaming. :ack:

A. Hal Mollis is the Hooded Man

B. Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter

C.  Rickon, Shaddydog, and Davos go to the Far North.  They are still North of the Wall at the end of the book.

D.  Jon Snow is only wounded.

E.  Arya is not acting under orders.  The Faceless Men will not be pleased.

F.  Arya meets Jeyne Poole in Braavos after she hears that "Arya" is in town.

G.  Brienne survives Stoneheart.  Jaime also survives the encounter, but doesn't make it out of the Riverlands.

H.  Aegon is probably fake, but I doubt we find out for sure.

I.  Rhaegar and Lyanna are Jon's parents.

J.  Greyscale will be transmitted, probably by both of them.

K.  Stannis wins the Battle of Ice.  Fakes his death to fool the Boltons.

L.  I have no idea who the Harpy is.

M. Robb disinherited Sansa to exclude Tyrion.

N.  Victarion gains control of one dragon.

A: Honestly no idea.
B: Mance
C: yes
D: 1
E: I havent read Mercy yet so no idea.
F: Idk
G: 1
H: 1
I: 3, I hate the idea of R + L = J because it's so obvious but then again there's no real evidence of N + A = J and I really like the idea of Ned fathering a bastard.
J: 1
K: 1
L: 2
M: 1
N: no idea. I hope 1

A) Who is the hooded man in winterfell? Didn’t pay that much attention to that.

B) Who wrote the Pink Letter? Mance Rayder. If I remember he wrote a letter in the presence of Theon that Theon thought of later and laughed about it? Why I think it’s Mance is that once Mance or Stannis secured Winterfell he fear Mellisandre will burn his son for his son’s Kingsblood. By writing this letter he can make sure his son will be delivered safely to Winterfell. He taunts Jon in his letter to make sure Jon will come with them to protect his son once they arrive in Winterfell.

C) Rickon Stark, Shaggydog and Davos return alive from Skagos and Rickon is presented to Stannis and/ or House Manderly? Yes and no, I think that either Manderly lied to Davos to get Davos out of the way so Manderly could use Stannis for his own goals. What if Manderly already have Rickon? What I think with Davos is that he will witness the horror of Hardhome.

D) Jon Snow after the mutiny at the Night Watch is only wounded. I think what is happening here is that these wounds/attack will activate his warging abilities and maybe something more? I think Jon is being protected, the cold steel feels warm when he is stabbed. Mellisandre is probably already doing her fire-magic to protect Azor Ahai Reborn, and Jon is being protected by this magic.

E) I don’t know.

F) Arya hears of or meets FArya? I think Arya will go higher in the books with her training of the Faceless Men. I think in winds of winter she gets an assignment to Westeros to kill Alayne Stone (on orders of Myranda Royce), Arya decided to let Sansa live here and goes against the orders of the Faceless Men. This is also the reason why Arya is forced to go West in the books at the end, the Faceless Men are after her.

G) Jaime/ Brienne Lady Stoneheart: 1.

H) The boy with Jon Connington landing in Westeros in ADWD is Aegon Targaryen, the second child and only son of Prince Rheagar Targaryen and Princess Elia Martell? Option 3 False he is the child of Lyanna Stark and Rheagar Targaryen. Taken from Ashara Dayne by Varys for his plans. (And I believe Lyanna gave birth to twins the other would be Daenerys).

I) Jon Snow’s true parentage! Option 2. This will make him half a Dayne, and he could wield Dawn which I believe is Lightbringer. His story is not about the Iron Throne, it’s about the fight against the Others. It’s also about being a bastard. But if Ned really did marry Ashara and Ashara is alive, that would mean that the marriage with Cat is invalid, making Jon the true Stark and his siblings bastards. The thing that makes me think that he is not the son of Lyanna but that there is something else going on, is the promise part and the way Ned feels about it. He feels guilty, probably because he has broken his promise to Lyanna. He dropped her children of at Ashara Dayne while he took his own son back home.

J) Greyscale will be transmitted to other people? Option 2 no. But I think there is more going on that we don’t know about Greyscale. What will really happen when a person with Greyscale is being burned alive and sacrificed to the fire god? Will this give a side-effect?

K) Stannis will win and survive the battle of Ice. But I expect him to be imprisoned at Winterfell by the Northerners for sacrilege. (Burning the weirwood tree to lure the Freys into the broken ice)

L) Who is the Harpy in Meereen? Option 5, there is no Harpy in Meereen. The killings are just killings like always happen in peaceful cities. Neighbor killing neighbor. Bar-fight results in death. The shavepate is using this to gain his own power. The Green Grace was very busy to sweep the killings that have happen after the peace treaty under the carpet. Hizdahr will die innocent in the next book.

M) Robb’s will disinherits Sansa? Option 2. No. But Jeyne Westering returning North will.

N) False, Euron will gain control.

My own 2 questions that are intertwined:

P) The dragonhorn and the horn of winter are the same. Every time the dragonhorn is blasted, the wall loses a peace of itself, true or false?

Q) The wall is already “melting” resulting in the snowstorm that has already happening south of the wall, true or false?

1 Hallis Mollen

2 Harwin

3 Someone else

4 - Unimportant and we will never find out

1 Ramsay Bolton

2 Stannis

3 Someone else

1 or 3 - not sure who though, i like the Mance idea though.

1 Yes

2 No

2 - nope, too neat, probably Davos and Rickon get tied up with Hardhome due to storms.

2 is only wounded

3 other

3 - dead, needs resurrection, but not by Mel

1 Yes

2 No

2 - nope, personal list vendetta

1 Yes

2 No

2 - no, don’t think Jeyne will make it to Braavos. There are no ships at the wall right now...

3 Other Outcome

1, though i say that with very little certainty. I find the Stoneheart stuff the most difficult to predict where its going

1 True

2 - False, though i am not tied down to him being a Blackfyre, just not Aegon Targaryen son of R+E

3 Other parentage

1 - i don’t even consider this a question anymore, the question now is the circumstances of his conception.

1 Yes

2 No

1 - yes, JonCon

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare

3 Reznak mo Reznak

4 someone else

2 - Green Grace if you have to put a name to her, but i think the harpy is almost like a hydra, i.e. a many headed beast with many leaders. All three of the above are involved imo, but if pushed i’d say green grace is a higher up

1 Yes

2 No

1 - yes

1 True

2 False

2 - neither Euron nor Moqorro would allow this imo, though each for different reasons

On 12/20/2019 at 11:01 AM, Greywater-Watch said:

3 Someone else

I have read a pretty convincing theory that the hooded man is one of Liddles, the same man whom Bran and Co met on their way North (in ASOS, Bran II). Or it could be Holwand Reed, which seems less likely than that is one of Liddless.

3 Someone else

Mance. To make Jon break his vows to Night's Watch, same as what Mance himself did. It seems to me that he may be fed up with Jon trying to remain in a grey area, so he wants to push Jon to make that final step, that will decide for him on whose side is he. He won't let Jon to remain neutral.

1 Yes

2 No

Depends on whether by the time that they will be leaving Skagos Davos will know what's the situation at Winterfell, whether it was already taken by Stannis or not, and whether it was known to general public. Because if he won't know for sure where exactly Stannis is, and whether Winterfell is under Stannis' control, there's no point for him to take his proteges to Winterfell. So instead he may take them to Castle Black, because there's where Jon should be, and that's where wildlings are, so both Rickon and Osha may convince Davos to take them to The Wall.

3 other

His soul will separate from his body and will warg into Ghost, and he will need additional magical assistance to return to his body (not necessary Mel's help), and whether his body will be dead or alive is qustionable. If the body is soulless, is it dead or alive? If the soul didn't went into afterlife, but did separated from the body, is that person dead or alive? Thus Jon is not dead and not alive, rather something inbetween.

2 No

2 No

Barristan Selmy + septa Lemore (lady Jeyne Swann) = fAegon.

1 Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow. Real name Aegon Targaryen, the VII'.

2 No

2 Galazza Galare

1 Yes

2 False

I think he will die. In my opinion Euron Greyjoy has extensive knowledge of magic, because he is Shiera Seastar's/Quaithe's/Three-Eyed Crow's ex-disciple. So he knows that whoever will use that horn will die, so even if the binding will work, it won't last for long. If using the horn really was an effective way to get control over dragons, then Euron wouldn't have given it away to anyone, he would have used it himself. But because he gave it to Victarion, and went elsewhere, it means that the outcome of using that horn will be death by a dragon. 

Don't care. I'll wait for the book.

2 Stannis - The Game of Thrones is winding down in the South with Cersei, Euron, Aegon...just bullying and war, war, war. The new Game of Thrones is the North, and Stannis is a much better fit for that. Ramsay writing the letter is problematic and just horribly boring with wasted opportunities for something much more interesting both plot-wise and character-wise for Stannis.

1 Yes - more maybe, but it won't go as expected. Dark, dark stuff around Rickon. Don't think Davos will go to Skagos just to have it come to nothing much in regards to Rickon.

2 is only wounded - GRRM didn't create a huge cliffhanger which isn't his MO just to scream the solution to it from the rooftops with Stoneheart's resurrection. Too many resurrections already.

2 No - She did that on her own.

2 No - Maybe she does, but it's an unimaginative trigger to get Arya back to Westeros. GRRM can come up with something more interesting. I also don't see Arya coming back to Westeros in a way that tosses out her FM stuff as so much filler. Her coming back to Westeros will have to be tied to the FM somehow.

1 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting - Jaime's a POV and he looks like he's been a planned POV from the beginning. He hasn't done much of anything yet except be a camera. The dreams point to something big. Definitely not dying yet. And Jaime has a better claim over custody of Sansa as Lord of Casterly Rock, her lord and bro-in-law than Uncle Littlefinger. Stoneheart would be stupid to not use that.

1 True - I like that he's real (no other reason), but I don't think we'll find out for sure.

1 Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow. Despise RLJ but probably true. Expect the details around it to be a huge surprise, though. GRRM's successfully holding too many cards tight to his chest for it to be something typical and expected.

1 Yes

1 Stannis wins and survives - He's one of Dany's lies to slay (slay the lie, not necessarily the person) but Dany isn't arriving until the end of TWOW or early ADOS.

Don't care. Too many in Dany's arc read like absurd cartoon characters and I can't keep Meereen names straight anyhow. Will wait for the book.

1 Yes - Necessary with her marriage to Tyrion. Not sure Robb's will will matter. Folks might just cherry pick it. He was operating under false premises for every one of his sibs. LF seems pretty confident her marriage can be made irrelevant though I don't see how it can be done cleanly.

Vicky might be able to blow it himself now. Not sure what, but Vicky didn't go through all of that just to die right after. So maybe.

On 12/20/2019 at 9:01 AM, Greywater-Watch said:

Hallis Mollen.

Stannis.

Davos will repeat his trick at Storm's End and save Stannis at Winterfell using Rickon instead of onions this time. Wolfish Rickon, whose political value in the north will obviously soar after Jon's death, will like what Stannis is selling - vengeance against the Lannisters.

Will skinchange with Ghost before resurrection midpoint or later in the novel.

No, That's the whole point of the chapter in my opinion.

I think she will, it's too good an opportunity to miss given the strong themes around identity. I also have a hunch that Arya will kill Massey.

Jaime will survive, no question. I'm more worried about Brienne but I hope she makes it too.

He thinks he's the real deal, so does Connington, but he's fAegon.

RLJ

Connington yes, not certain about Shireen.

Stannis wins, survives, takes Winterfell next chapter.

The Green Grace, Galazza Galare.

Yes.

I doubt it.

A.) 1 Harwin

B.) 3 Mance

C.) 1 Yes

D.) 3 is dead in ghost and is resurrected by Melisandre (more specific)

E.) 2 No

F.) 1 Yes 

G.) 1 they meet Lady Stoneheart and survive

H.) 2 fAegon

I.) 1 R+L=J

J.) 1 Greyscale is coming

K.) 1 Stannis the Mannis

L.) 2 Galazza Galare

M.) 2 Nope

N.) 2 False (however, I think it will appear like it, since they have ships full of pork, and one of the dragons may go to them anyway)

On 12/20/2019 at 4:01 AM, Greywater-Watch said:

I selected 14 questions:

1 Hallis Mollen

2 Harwin

3 Someone else

1 Ramsay Bolton

2 Stannis

3 Someone else

1 Yes

2 No

2 is only wounded

3 other

1 Yes

2 No

1 Yes

2 No

3 Other Outcome

1 True

3 Other parentage

1 Yes

2 No

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare

3 Reznak mo Reznak

4 someone else

1 Yes

2 No

1 True

2 False

A. (3) -Either Mance or someone loyal to the Starks among the Northern force we don't fully expect. Harwin is in two good of a position to voice just how far Cat/Stoneheart has fallen and thus giving Brienne a justification in her oath that allows her to kill Stoneheart.

B. (3) - Someone else. There is a long list of people who want to manipulate Jon near the end of ADWD.

C. (1) - Yes. I just want Davos and the Manderlys to get a win here.

D. (1) - Jon needs a 1UP. 

E. (2) - Nope.

F. (1) - Could be a good reminder of everything Arya has lost, especially if someone puts a hit on Jayne and Arya has to stop it and thus break her ties with the House of Black and White.

G. (1) - Lady Stoneheart doesn't survive the meeting.

H. (1) - Yep. It would only be fitting if it's all true and the Golden Company are backing a Red Dragon to just finally get home and Aegon still dies in the end.

I. (2) - Probably not going to be the case but I would really prefer it if it is was this.

J. (2) - There is too much else going on and to deal with.

K. (1) - Stannis pulls it out. George doesn't hate him like the Showrunners did.

L. (2) - Yep. It's a comment on how "soft" power can be used by a woman to bring down even the greatest conquerors and will be a lesson for Dany to remember for Westeros.

M. (2) - Has to in order to make Jon his Heir. 

N. (2) - False. Victarion Greyjoy is the just borrowing his family's car for the road trip. He helps out Dany's forces and she convinces him to get revenge on his brother when the horn doesn't work.

False, except for the "hopefully" part.

True.

A3.  Someone else.  I have no strong opinions here, and there seem to be many possibilities.

B1 Ramsay Bolton.  I have no strong opinions here, so will just go with the surface truth.

C2.  No.  There are too many moving parts here, and at least one of them is wrong.

2 is only wounded

3 other

D3 Other, is safest because least specific.

1 Yes

2 No

I expect no such revelations.  Does that count as "E2 No"?

F2.  No.  Just a guess.

3 Other Outcome

G3  Other outcome.  Brienne has already failed to survive her meeting with Stoneheart.  Her zombie's current mission is to "take the sword and kill the kingslayer"; and not to bring Jaime before Stoneheart.  Jaime has already died offscreen, slain by Brienne's zombie, and now his zombie is returning to King's Landing, to bring about Cersei's doom.  Brienne's zombie will next appear in the Vale, where she will appear in the guise of "the Hound" and sew much confusion in the eyes of poor Sansa.

H2 False.  Baby Aegon survived, but he was baby-swapped at age 3 with his cousin Quentyn, and was then sent to the Yronwoods to be fostered.  Thus Young Griff is the real Quentyn; and Frog is the real Aegon. 

However, it is unclear that all this will be revealed in The Winds of Winter.

I1 R+L=J.  I am tempted to be original here, but will reluctantly go with the standard theory (which, however, I think is by no means certain).

J2.  Yes.  If will be JonCon and not Shireen, though.  Shireen's case is no longer contageous, and it is merely a clue that some of the dragon statues on Dragonstone are not really statues at all, but dragons with advanced greyscale.

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

K1 Stannis wins & survives, is probably closest to the truth, I guess.  But I'm not sure there will be  a clear victor.

G2, the Green Grace.  I have no strong opinions here.

M2.  No, Robb's will will not by its terms disinherit Sansa.  

No, Victarion himself will not gain control of any dragon.

There isn’t enough evidence present to determine the answer to any of the above questions conclusively. If there was it would have been proven by now.

Why is this even an argument at this point? Seriously, what does anyone have to gain by arguing at this point? It’s a work of fiction. 

Unless you are all worried about those idiotic bets a few years back. Pretty sure nobody in their right mind would enforce those. This guy seems to be an expert and to agree. http://www.gamblingandthelaw.com/article/cross-border-betting-international-agreement-on-protecting-local-residents/

17 hours ago, Lady Dyanna said:

There isn’t enough evidence present to determine the answer to any of the above questions conclusively.

Well, yeah.  It's a game.  If you did have "enough evidence" it would be in the form of GRRM's completed draft, intercepted en route to his publisher.   But if you had such information, to play would be cheating.

Seriously, what does anyone have to gain by arguing at this point?

This is not an argument thread.  It is a "go on record with your predictions" thread.  And all you gain is bragging rights, for whatever that is worth.

34 minutes ago, Platypus Rex said:

This is not an argument thread.  It is a "go on record with your predictions" thread.  And all you gain is bragging rights, for whatever that is worth.

Yeah. I guess that’s what drives me crazy on threads like this. I’ve never really been concerned with being right or wrong in my interpretation. To me the fun is in talking to everyone and in sharing our perspectives. Since theoretically no two people are the same, the way we look at things will be different too. 

It’s quite possible that I should just stay out of threads like this purely because it aggravates me to see everyone so divided and feeling that they need to argue and defend to prove their point correct. But, I’m also a sucker for hearing what other people have to say so here I am. 

I guess I just wish that people didn’t feel the need to defend themselves and their opinions so rigorously in regards to a work of fiction. It seems that we come to our best ideas when we are all open minded and actually listen to the ideas of others as opposed to focusing on the need to prove our own points. 

Anyways, I apologize for losing my temper and getting sarcastic. Just after a while all this craziness starts to feel a bit like “Groundhog’s Day.” 

2 minutes ago, Lady Dyanna said:

Yeah. I guess that’s what drives me crazy on threads like this. I’ve never really been concerned with being right or wrong in my interpretation.

Why would that drive you crazy?  If you don't want to play, don't play.

To me the fun is in talking to everyone and in sharing our perspectives. Since theoretically no two people are the same, the way we look at things will be different too. 

Not everything is subjective.  Some day, The Winds of Winter may be released, and at least some predictions will be definitely true, and others will be definitely false.  And if I have to admit my predictions were all wrong, why would that be an enormous tragedy for me?

It’s quite possible that I should just stay out of threads like this purely because it aggravates me to see everyone so divided and feeling that they need to argue and defend to prove their point correct.

Funny.  I haven't seen anyone doing that in this thread.  They just seem to be getting in the spirit of things and going on record with their predictions.

But, I’m also a sucker for hearing what other people have to say so here I am. 

That's fine too.

@Platypus Rex In theory, I agree with your statements 100%. I will just caution that it can be difficult to distance oneself from things that have happened, or are happening, concurrently elsewhere. They are all experiences which help to shape our opinions. :D

Anyways, by all means, carry on. I have no desire to spoil anyone else’s fun, just to share my own opinion. :D

Archived