Time to show your true colours

Greywater-Watch

A) Who is the "Hodded Man" in Winterfell?

3 Someone else

B ) Who wrote the Pink Letter

3 Someone else

C) Rickon Stark, Shaggydog and Davos return alive from Skagos and Rickon is presented to Stannis and/or House Manderly

1 Yes

D) Jon Snow after the mutiny at the Night Watch

3 other

E) Arya's killing of Raff the Sweetling (or someone from the entourage of Harys Swyft) was done on the orders of the Faceless Men

2 No

F) Arya hears of or meets fArya (Jeyne Poole)

1 Yes

G) Jamie/Brienne Lady Stoneheart

1 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting

H) The boy with Jon Connington landing in Westeros in ADWD is Aegon Targaryen, the second child and only son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Princess Elia Martell

2 False (thus he is a fake = fAegon)

I) Jon Snow’s true parentage

2 Ned Stark + Ashara =Jon Snow

J) Grey Scale will be transmitted by Jon Connington and/or Shireen Baratheon to other people

1 Yes

K) The outcome of the Battle of Ice (at the Crofters Village), the capture of Winterfell is not included

1 Stannis wins and survives

L) Who is the Harpy in Mereen?

4 someone else

M) Robb’s will disinherits Sansa

1 Yes

N) If Victarion orders the dragon horn (“dragonbinder”) to be blown, Victarion himself gains control over at least one dragon

1 True

Mostly rolling the dice. The only answers I am quite sure of are the 2 regarding Arya.

We`ll see when Winds comes out in 2038 (more or less).

3 Someone else - though I can't say who.

3 Someone else - Mance

C) Rickon Stark, Shaggydog and Davos return alive from Skagos and Rickon is presented to Stannis and/or House Manderly

1 Yes

1 is dead and needs resurrection by Melissandre

E) Arya's killing of Raff the Sweetling (or someone from the entourage of Harys Swyft) was done on the orders of the Faceless Men

I haven't read this chapter.

1 Yes

H) The boy with Jon Connington landing in Westeros in ADWD is Aegon Targaryen, the second child and only son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Princess Elia Martell

2 False (thus he is a fake = fAegon) - i'm not sure if this will matter though.

1 Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow

J) Grey Scale will be transmitted by Jon Connington and/or Shireen Baratheon to other people

2 No

K) The outcome of the Battle of Ice (at the Crofters Village), the capture of Winterfell is not included

I honestly have no opinion.

1 Yes - wasn't that the point?

N) If Victarion orders the dragon horn (“dragonbinder”) to be blown, Victarion himself gains control over at least one dragon

2 False

A. 1.  He is in WF trying to return Ned’s bones after getting help from the crannogmen.

B. 2/3. I can’t decide Stannis or Mel

C. 1

D. 1

E. 2

F. 2

G. 1.

H. 1. Though I don’t think it will matter either way

I. 1 

J. 1

K. 1

L. 4 Shavepate or 2

M. 1

N. 2

On 12/20/2019 at 11:01 AM, Greywater-Watch said:

Within half a year we will - hopefully - have TWOW in our hands (and devour it).

Then some will triumphantly claim they had been right with their theories, others will not.

Why not state the position towards several theories here and now, so we can see who was close to the mark.

I selected 14 questions:

1 Hallis Mollen

2 Harwin

3 Someone else

1 Ramsay Bolton

2 Stannis

3 Someone else

1 Yes

2 No

2 is only wounded

3 other

1 Yes

2 No

1 Yes

2 No

2 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie does not survive the meeting

3 Other Outcome

1 True

3 Other parentage

1 Yes

2 No

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare

3 Reznak mo Reznak

4 someone else

1 Yes

2 No

1 True

2 False

A - 3, but probably nobody really interesting

B - 3, Mance Rayder

C - 1, they do probably return alive, though not sure about to whom they are presented to.

D - a mix of 1 and 3. He is dead, in that his body is dead, but he still lives inside Ghost. Mel will not necessarily resurrect him, but rather bring his body back to life and transfer him back into his body. As such his ,,resurrection" should go a lot more smoothly then the others we've seen like Beric or Stoneheart, and should not result in that much damage.

E - 2, the faceless men don't seem to care that much about Westeros, or anything else for that matter.

F - Don't know really, I guess it depends on Jeyne's survival. My guess is that she does meet her in the end, though it's hard to say whether in TWOW or ADOS.

G - 1, Jaime is not going to die at the hand of Stonehart, it just doesn't make any narrative sense.

H - 3, we don't ever get to know. I don't think GRRM will reveal the truth. There will be a lot of doubt, especially from Dany, but in the end we'll never know for sure, though he probably isn't legit.

I - 1, of course R+L=J

J - From Shireen almost certainly not, hard to say from Jon Conn, I guess no...

K - 1, obviously, Stannis, Stannis!

L - 5, there is no Harpy, no one is leading them, the 3 listen are probably not even Harpies themselves, just people who have some connection to the Sons of the Harpy.

M - 1, yes it does. Robb said as much to Cat, he didn't want lady Lannister to be his heir.

N - 2, though anything else is hard to say.

I'd add a couple more.

O - are Barristan and Victarion going to win the battle of Mereen?

P - is Arianne going to marry FAegon?

Q - Is Mace going to be defeated at Westerosi Agincourt

R - is FAegon going to take the Iron Throne

S - is Euron going to summon some Lovecraftian tentacle hentai monster?

T - is Euron going to win the Battle of Blood?

I'd say: O - yes, P - yes, Q - yes, R - yes but not for long, S - no, T - yes.

Hallis Mollen

Ramsay Bolton, maybe it's because of the show, but for me Jon and Sansa will be the ones to retake Winterfell, Martin probably gives to DD some indice in that sense. According to the fact that Shireen will mostly dies in more or less the same way than in a the show, I think things will turn really nasty for Stannis. I don't see him playing a big part when Dany and co will arrive in Westeros and his storyline has to end tragically to show us that Melissandre predictions are not a reliable source and can be delusional.

Yes and No, I think they will return alive but something will goes wrong at some point

1 Dead and needs resurrection by Melissandre, probably by fire or who knows ? Maybe LS kiss will bring him back but she is probably too far from the wall for that

2 No

1 Yes

1 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting. I think he will take part in the fall of house Frey but how ? His aunt will be a collateral dammage so how is it gonna be ?

2 False (thus he is a fake = fAegon). He will die by a dragon with Ilyrio for sure.

1 Yes Some casualities in the Golden Company will force fAegon to take drastic decision and put him in position of weakness

3 The Boltons win

3 Reznak mo Reznak, maybe not the only one. We will see.

1 Yes and No, but for sure, Jon is the king in the North in his testament so she has no claim, but when the truth will be known, she will already be at the head of house Stark.

2 False, I am pretty sure Victarion will die in the most epic and ridiculous way possible at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 8:01 PM, Greywater-Watch said:

1 Hallis Mollen- yes (total guess could go anyway imo)

2 Harwin

3 Someone else

1 Ramsay Bolton- yes (although again just a guess could go either way)

2 Stannis

3 Someone else

1 Yes -yes in terms of they make it to the mainland by the end of book. I doubt they meet stannis or manderly though

2 No

1 is dead and needs resurrection by Melissandre - yes. And with a little help from Ghost a rerurned Jon will be more like Varimyr than Beric

2 is only wounded

3 other

1 Yes

2 No- yes

1 Yes

2 No- yes

1 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting - yes

3 Other Outcome

1 True

2 False (thus he is a fake = fAegon) - yes

1 Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow -yes

3 Other parentage

1 Yes - yes (on a small scale... however covid may influence GRRM to make it bigger by the conclusion?)

2 No

1 Stannis wins and survives- yes although not for long

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare- my gut says yes although maybe 3

3 Reznak mo Reznak

4 someone else

1 Yes-yes but only as Lady Lannister and could be changed as long as the Tyrion dies or an annulment is granted

2 No

1 True - yes but only to prove the horn works. He will die before making any use of his new dragon

2 False

Edited to Alyn Oakenfist's questions

O -are Barristan and Victarion going to win the battle of Mereen? - yes

P - is Arianne going to marry FAegon? - yes

Q - Is Mace going to be defeated at Westerosi Agincourt - yes

R - is FAegon going to take the Iron Throne - yes (for a bit)

S - is Euron going to summon some Lovecraftian tentacle hentai monster? -no

T - is Euron going to win the Battle of Blood- yes 

1 Hallis Mollen

1 Ramsay Bolton

1 Yes for Davos finding them, no for returning them to Stannis. I think they will be captured along the way.

1 Yes, lucky coincidence

1 Yes, if and when she decides to come back.

4 No idea

1 Yes, Jon Conn will be the infector. He will be eventually killed for that.

4 someone else: Martin. Damn this boring and pointless plot.

2 No, it is all about military power now.

2 False. He will die in the most hilarious way possible

"Within half a year we will - hopefully - have TWOW in our hands (and devour it)."

we will never get TWOW in our hands. 

But anyway, this is kind of fun...

3 Someone else

1 Ramsay Bolton

1 Yes

2 No

1 Yes

3 Other Outcome

1 Yes

1 Stannis wins and survives [but get's killed imedeatly after]

5 I don't care for Mereen.

2 No [why should he?]

2 False

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2019 at 11:01 AM, Greywater-Watch said:

Within half a year we will - hopefully - have TWOW in our hands (and devour it).

Then some will triumphantly claim they had been right with their theories, others will not.

Why not state the position towards several theories here and now, so we can see who was close to the mark.

I selected 14 questions:

1 Hallis Mollen

2 Harwin

3 Someone else

1 Ramsay Bolton

2 Stannis

3 Someone else

1 Yes

2 No

2 is only wounded

3 other

1 Yes

2 No

1 Yes

2 No

3 Other Outcome

1 True

3 Other parentage

1 Yes

2 No

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare

3 Reznak mo Reznak

4 someone else

1 Yes

2 No

1 True

2 False

My choice is (from A-N):

A1-B1-C1-D2-E2-F1-G1-H1-I1-J1-K1-L3-M1-N2

Α. 2 

B. 2

C. 1

D. 1

E.1

F.1

G.1

H.2

I.1

J.1

K.1

L.2

M.1

N.2

I think that there are several other important questions as well but okay.

My answers:

On 12/20/2019 at 10:01 AM, Greywater-Watch said:

3 Someone else (Mance Rayder?)

3 Someone else (Mance Rayder!)

1 Yes

2 No

2 No

I really don't know.

2 OR

3 Other parentage (Brandon + Ashara = Jon Snow, Rhaegar + Lyanna = Daenerys "Visenya")

1 Yes, but only to like one single army of five thousand people or something, not more than that. There's not enough time for a true pandemic along with everything else that has to happen.

OR

2 Stannis wins but dies

2 Galazza Galare

3 Reznak mo Reznak

OR

4 someone else

I don't know

I don't know

On 12/20/2019 at 10:01 PM, Greywater-Watch said:

1 Hallis Mollen

2 Harwin

3 Someone else

1 Ramsay Bolton

2 Stannis

3 Someone else

1 Yes

2 No

2 is only wounded

3 other

1 Yes

2 No

1 Yes

2 No

3 Other Outcome

1 True

3 Other parentage

1 Yes

2 No

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare

3 Reznak mo Reznak

4 someone else The "harpy" is all the great masters.

1 Yes

2 No

1 True

2 False

Phew, some of those were hard to decide.

On 4/11/2020 at 8:32 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

O - are Barristan and Victarion going to win the battle of Mereen? Yes

P - is Arianne going to marry FAegon? Yes

Q - Is Mace going to be defeated at Westerosi Agincourt No

R - is FAegon going to take the Iron Throne Yes

S - is Euron going to summon some Lovecraftian tentacle hentai monster? No

T - is Euron going to win the Battle of Blood? Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure  

1 Ramsay Bolton 
I’m sold on this one at all though  

1 Yes 

E) Arya's killing of Raff the Sweetling (or someone from the entourage of Harys Swyft) was done on the orders of the Faceless Men

2 No 

F) Arya hears of or meets fArya (Jeyne Poole)

1 Yes

1 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting.

H) The boy with Jon Connington landing in Westeros in ADWD is Aegon Targaryen, the second child and only son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Princess Elia Martell

I think we will never know for sure.

1 Yes

1 Stannis wins and survives.

2 Galazza Galare

1 Yes

2 False

(Maybe though)

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2019 at 10:01 AM, Greywater-Watch said:

I selected 14 questions:

1 Hallis Mollen

2 Harwin

3 Someone else

1 Ramsay Bolton

2 Stannis

3 Someone else

1 Yes

2 No

2 is only wounded

3 other

1 Yes

2 No

1 Yes

2 No

3 Other Outcome

1 True

3 Other parentage

1 Yes

2 No

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare

3 Reznak mo Reznak

4 someone else

1 Yes

2 No

1 True

2 False

My choice is (from A-N):

A1-B1-C1-D2-E2-F1-G1-H1-I1-J1-K1-L3-M1-N2

A) 3

B. 1

C) 2

D) 1

E) 2

F) 2 (although Arya knows her)

G) 3

H) 2

I) 1. I can't belive this is still a thing

J) 1 (Chekhov's gun)

K) 3

L) 4. There are more people included there. It is rather a secret organisation than a certain person. 

M) 1

N) 2

• 1 month later...

A) Who is the "Hooded Man" in Winterfell?

I don't know

1 Ramsay Bolton

(Occam's razor)

2 No

I don't know

2 No

2 No

(hears of, possibly, but I'd be surprised if she goes to Winterfell or anything)

(I'm not biased)

(Illyrio's son)

1 Yes

4 someone else

(no one)

1 Yes

1 False

(It seems unlikely that everything would just go according-to-plan like that but we'll see)

I don't know

Ramsay Bolton

No

Only wounded

No, she did it on her own

Yes, she will know that fArya 

Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting

False he's Illyrio and Serra Blackfyre's son

Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow

Yes, but only by Jon Connington.

Stannis wins and survives

No idea

Yes, he's chosen Jon as his heir.

False, the horn is already bind to Euron, but Victarion doesn't know it yet. 

3. Someone else - specifically someone from House Cerwin, to whom the Miller revealed that Theon fathered a bastard on the Miller's Wife. 

3. someone else - specifically Mance Rayder

1, Yes - to House Manderly

3. other - is dead and will be resurrected by Bran, in the WF godswood pool, by sacrificing Roose. (Col. Mustard will not be involved.)

1. Yes - Her mission was to discredit Swyft.

1. Yes - meets her in Braavos

1. Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting - Brienne sacrifices herself

2 False (thus he is a fake = fAegon) - He is Aegon Mopatis, heir of House Blackfyre

1. Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow - obviously

1. Yes

1. Stannis wins and survives

2. Galazza Galare

1. Yes

2, False - Victarion is dragonchow.

thanks for putting this thread together.  It's fun to think of all these questions and read all the replies.

3 Someone else - I always thought it was Robett Glover.  Where is he?  Maybe he came to Winterfell with Manderly?

1 Ramsay Bolton - this is the most interesting choice to me.  Not that the letter is all true or even that Ramsay thinks it is true

1 Yes

2 is only wounded - death changes everyone who comes back pretty significantly.  I don't think that is in store for Jon.

2 No - this is Arya crossing names off of her list

1 Yes - hears of for sure.  Not so sure that she will meet Jeyne.

1 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting - I hope this is what happens.  The next most likely choice is that Jaime dies - that would remove a very interesting character from the books.  I would like to see Jaime meet Cersei and/or Tyrion and/or Bran again.

2 False (thus he is a fake = fAegon) - He is Illyrio's son.  that's why lIlyrio is so affectionate towards him in aDwD.

1 Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow - clearly

2 No

1 Stannis wins and survives - I want Stannis to live as long as possible.

4 someone else - there is no one Harpy.  It is all the nobles together (likely including the Green Grace)

1 Yes - we know this.  He chose Jon to succeed him

1 True - but not for long, I think.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:33 AM, Greywater-Watch said:

ad E) I was tempted to vote for the implication of the Faceless Men in the murder of Raff the Sweetling (finally I didn't). But it is not so far fetched. Only 2 versus 18 votes though for this.

The question said Raff the Sweetling (or someone from the entourage of Harys Swyft). I voted yes, because I assume Arya's mission was to discredit Swyft, but she had her choice of targets. The fact that one of the possible choices coincided with her "list" was a happy coincidence. Not discussion, per se, just clarification. Hope that's ok.

Archived