Time to show your true colours

Greywater-Watch

Who is the "Hooded Man" in Winterfell?
To be honest, the role of the Hooded Man is very limited, so I can't tell who this person would be. I have no idea.
Who wrote the Pink Letter?
I believe Wyman Manderly wrote it. We know that Wyman uses tricks to manipulate others, see the storyline of Davos in A Dance with Dragons.
Rickon Stark, Shaggydog and Davos return alive from Skagos and Rickon is presented to Stannis and/or House Manderly.
Yes, they will return from Skagos and Rickon will be appointed Lord of Winterfell. Jon Snow will not accept this on his return because Robb in Robb's Will appointed Jon as his successor. So there will be a succession conflict in Winterfell.
Jon Snow after the mutiny at the Night Watch
Jon Snow is dead and is brought to life by Melissandre. Ghost will also be involved. I believe that Jon Snow will be much more aggressive and colder in personality (and possibly convert to the faith of R'hllor himself after Melissandre has proven her power).
Arya's killing of Raff the Sweetling (or someone from the entourage of Harys Swyft) was done on the orders of the Faceless Men.
I can say with 100% certainty that it is an act Arya committed herself according to her own agenda. In my opinion this murder will not go unpunished: Arya will have to bear the consequences.
Arya hears or or meets fArya (Jeyne Poole)
I would be surprised if there are no rumors about "Arya" in the bars of Braavos. I'm almost sure Arya will hear about her. I don't know if Justin will take Massey Jeyne to Braavos (the Wall is unsafe at the moment and Jon Snow is not the driver anymore), but if that happens - I believe Arya and Jeyne will meet. I think it is the first and best chance for Arya Stark to return to Westeros through Justin Massey.
Jamie/Brienne Lady Stoneheart
I believe both characters will survive - however, they will be forced by Lady Stoneheart to participate in the planning of, for example, a second Red Wedding against the Freys - which is against their honorable principles that both Jaime and Brienne aspire to.
The boy with Jon Connington landing in Westeros in ADWD is Aegon Targaryen, the second child and only son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Princess Elia Martell.
It will never be officially confirmed whether Aegon is a Targaryen or Blackfyre. There will be rumors that he is not a Targaryen, fired up by Daenerys Targaryen for her own agenda in the Second Dance of Dragons.
Jon Snow's true parentage
Jon Snow is the son of Rheagar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, but it wouldn't surprise me if he remained a bastard. However, it is also possible that Elia Martell allowed polygamy.
Grey Scale will be transmitted by Jon Connington and/or Shireen Baratheon to other people.
A few people will get in touch with Jon's Greyscale anyway. Whether it will be an epidemic, I can't say for sure.
The outcome of the Battle of Ice (at the Crofters Village), the capture of Winterfell is not included.
Stannis is expected to win this battle (possibly according to the Night Lamp theory) and later to conquer Winterfell for the Starks. There are few other options: it is unlikely due to distance and weather conditions that Stannis will lose, march back and burn Shireen, who is now at the wall. This will only happen later in other circumstances. That Shireen will be burned on Stannis' orders has already been confirmed by George R. R. Martin.
Who is the Harpy in Mereen?
I think it's Skahaq mo Kandaq. Maybe he's not the Harpy, but he's involved.
Robb's gonna disinherits Sansa
Robb Stark himself indicated this in A Storm of Swords. Winterfell will not be inherited by Sansa "Lannister".
If Victarion orders the dragon horn ("dragonbinder") to be blown, Victarion itself gains control over at least one dragon. 
I believe so. In any case, I expect Victarion to stay alive for a longer period of time, as he may be driving the fleet that Daenerys is taking to Westeros.
Are Barristan and Victarion going to win the battle of Mereen?
I think this battle will be won. Both characters will survive it.
Is Arianne going to marry FAegon?
Aegon can forget about marrying Daenerys now. Arianne seems most likely, but a marriage to Sansa Stark can also be very interesting, I must admit.
Is Mace going to be defeated at Westerosi Agincourt?
Anyway, Aegon will win this crucial battle. This would provide him with many new allies and after that, all that remains is King's Landing - controlled by Cersei Lannister who plays with wildfire.
is FAegon going to take the Iron Throne?
I'm quite sure of that, but he won't keep the throne for long. George R. R. Martin has already named him in a blog post Aegon VI Targaryen (only ruling monarchs are allowed to use regnal numbers) and in 2003 he hinted at a Second Dance of the Dragons, a war of succession between Aegon and Daenerys.
Is Euron going to summon some Lovecraftian tentacle hentai monster?
Possibly (I hope not), but I am not particularly interested.
is Euron going to win the Battle of Blood?
Probably, Euron's endgame has to do with the Others (I believe he is a greenseer just like Bran). Euron will have to win this battle to remain relevant.

On 4/11/2020 at 3:32 AM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

O) Are Barristan and Victarion going to win the battle of Mereen?

P) Is Arianne going to marry FAegon?

Q) Will Mace be defeated at Storm's End (aka the Westerosi Agincourt)

R) Is FAegon going to take the Iron Throne?

S) Is Euron going to summon some Lovecraftian tentacle hentai monster?

T) Is Euron going to win the Battle of Blood?

O) Yes, I would say so but there is a very good chance that Barristan won't survive. I'm not saying that he'll necessarily die in the thick of it because he could just succumb to his injuries that he sustained during the battle. Or he could just not survive to be featured in A Dream of Spring.

P) Yes. But I seriously doubt that it will be a simple, open-and-shut case. It's also a matter of why and when because Aegon actually doesn't need to marry Arianne. Not only is she is his maternal cousin but Aegon is the only surviving child of a beloved Dornish princess who was tragically and horrifically murdered. A dynastic marriage between the two of them is almost superfluous as there is no reason why Dorne would NOT support Aegon. I still think it will happen but it'll be an interesting tale. I would hope GRRM would not make it so that Arianne agrees to marry Aegon for the sake of her hunger for power. One Cersei is enough. 

Q) Yes.

R) Yes. Cersei will survive and escape but Tommen and Myrcella will not. I believe that by the time Aegon closes in on King's Landing, Tommen and/or Margaery will have died and Myrella will be Queen. Granted, if Doran and/or Arianne still desire Myrcella to be married to Trystane (there's only one or two reasons for them to end that betrothal; if they press for her legitimization, Trystane and his children would be Lords of Casterly Rock which would be defecating on Tywin Lannister's grave), Myrcella's death will either:

• be a complete accident that no one anticipated or wanted
  • she will be directly or indirectly killed by a loose cannon (i.e. Cersei, Arya, Nymeria, Tyene)
  • or she will be killed by someone who has their own agenda (i.e. Varys, Euron, Littlefinger)

S) Yes. This is also a matter of when. He can do it more than once I suppose. If this is a one-time-affair though, I would prefer it that Euron summon this submarine Lovecraftian horror in his final showdown against Daenerys and Drogon. 

T) Yes. And we'd love to see it too. However, just because he wins the Battle of Blood in the Redwyne Straits doesn't mean that he wins Oldtown. Old Lord Hightower and his firstborn Mallora seem to be working on something in the Hightower and that some help from Lys may be on its way. And the Citadel has to have their own means of security and self-defense.

A) Who is the "Hooded Man" in Winterfell?

3 - Someone Else

I lean towards Theon's psyche, though I'm definitely undecided on that. Fairly certain that Harwin is too far away and that Hal would've said something hilariously obvious if it was him, though, so definitely going with option 3.

B ) Who wrote the Pink Letter

1 - Ramsay

With the standard addendum, that his information is false/incomplete

C) Rickon Stark, Shaggydog and Davos return alive from Skagos and Rickon is presented to Stannis and/or House Manderly

2 - No

While I'm not at all sure on specifics for Rickon, I definitely don't think it'll be like this. My favorite theory is that Davos leaves Rickon on Skagos as part of Davos's core value that an innocent child shouldn't be sacrificed for the sake of a kingdom or whatever. 

D) Jon Snow after the mutiny at the Night Watch

1 - is dead and needs resurrection by Melissandre

Honestly surprised that this one is debated.

E) Arya's killing of Raff the Sweetling (or someone from the entourage of Harys Swyft) was done on the orders of the Faceless Men

1 - Yes

Someone in the entourage of Harys Swyft, at least, but a girl makes wonderful use of her artistic license on this one.

F) Arya hears of or meets fArya (Jeyne Poole)

1 - Yes

At least I certainly hope so.

G) Jamie/Brienne Lady Stoneheart

1 - Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting

At the very least I think it's more interesting if everyone survives first contact here.

H) The boy with Jon Connington landing in Westeros in ADWD is Aegon Targaryen, the second child and only son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Princess Elia Martell

2 - False (thus he is a fake = fAegon)

I think it'll be implied (I mean it already is as much as I need it to be) but I hope it's never confirmed and left open to some level of discussion.

I) Jon Snow’s true parentage

1 - Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow

J) Grey Scale will be transmitted by Jon Connington and/or Shireen Baratheon to other people

1 - Yes

Very on the fence for this one. It seems like most instances of grey scale spread slowly, and Jon's is spreading slowly, so I think it serves as more of a motivation for Jon (I don't think there's the appropriate setup for a plague). On the other hand, there are more unknowns relating to Shireen's grey scale and I'm inclined to think there's some truth to Val's comments that it's only dormant. Here's to hoping that "waking dragons from stone" refers to Shireen's grey scale (maybe burning her will actually lead to an outbreak).

K) The outcome of the Battle of Ice (at the Crofters Village), the capture of Winterfell is not included

1 - Stannis wins and survives

Stannis needs to hit rock bottom before he's goner.

L) Who is the Harpy in Meereen?

2 - Galazza Galare

Though her motives weren't exactly negative

M) Robb’s will disinherits Sansa

1 - Yes

Didn't know this was an open question, but cool.

N) If Victarion orders the dragon horn (“dragonbinder”) to be blown, Victarion himself gains control over at least one dragon

2 - False

On the off chance that he gets control of a dragon, I'm pretty sure it's not going to last very long.

• 3 weeks later...

A) Who is the "Hodded Man" in Winterfell?

2 Harwin

I honestly think it could be anyone, we got no evidence one way or another, but I think Harwin would be cool

3 Someone else

Mance

C) Rickon Stark, Shaggydog and Davos return alive from Skagos and Rickon is presented to Stannis and/or House Manderly

2 No
I don't know what would be different, but when have previously detailed plans worked out in ASOIAF?

1 is dead and needs resurrection by Melissandre

Him saying 'Ghost' absolutely means he died, IMHO

E) Arya's killing of Raff the Sweetling (or someone from the entourage of Harys Swyft) was done on the orders of the Faceless Men

2 No

But the FM might have planned it anyway.

1 Yes

I would like that, that's it.

1 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting

H) The boy with Jon Connington landing in Westeros in ADWD is Aegon Targaryen, the second child and only son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Princess Elia Martell

3. We'll never find out.

1 Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow (tho I'm partial to B+A=J)

J) Grey Scale will be transmitted by Jon Connington and/or Shireen Baratheon to other people

1 Yes Jon Con

K) The outcome of the Battle of Ice (at the Crofters Village), the capture of Winterfell is not included

1 Stannis wins and survives

L) Who is the Harpy in Mereen?

4 someone else

It's a movement without actual lidership maybe? 

1 Yes

N) If Victarion orders the dragon horn (“dragonbinder”) to be blown, Victarion himself gains control over at least one dragon

2 False, he gains control of people.

Grand Northern Conspiracy

I think no, the northern lords are not as organized. Manderly has a plan, but the Riswells/Dustins have another, as do the mountain clans, as do the Mormonts likely.

Citadel Conspiracy

Southron Ambitions

I agree with the first one and think the second one is part of the first one. That is, Rickard, Jon, Hoster and Steffon were part of a plan to overthrow the Targs, but that plan came from the maester's and they might not be entirely aware.

Eldritch Apocalypse

Don't know what this is. Is it Euron causing the long night? Anyhow, I doubt Sam would kill him.

From Pawn to Player

Yes.

The Night Lamp

Yes.

fAegon and King’s Landing

Don't know, lean both ways.

Dany and the Others

No.

Victarion and Rhaegal

Maybe, but if he rides him it won't be because of the horn.

O - are Barristan and Victarion going to win the battle of Mereen?

No, Dany's side would win, but the battle will be won by a surprise army. Dothraki maybe.

P - is Arianne going to marry FAegon?

I don't know, she wants to do it just to be better than Quentyn, but her trip seems to be armed so she doesn't. And I doubt she would like Aegon, for what it's worth.

Q - Is Mace going to be defeated at Westerosi Agincourt

?

R - is FAegon going to take the Iron Throne

Lean both ways, don't know.

S - is Euron going to summon some Lovecraftian tentacle hentai monster?

Kinda. He's gonna summon krakens.

T - is Euron going to win the Battle of Blood?
Definitely.

Now time to add mines:

U - Lemmongate: yay or nay?

(yay)

V - The younger, more beautiful queen is...

1 - Dany

2 - Margeary

3 - Sansa

4 - Cersei

5 - Other

(Cersei, as mi signature says)

W - The Valonqar is...

1 - Tyrion

2 - Jaime

3 - Tommen

4 - Arya

5 - Dany

6 - Aegon

7 - Other

(Jaime, it's the obvious choice, but it's the best one, IMHO)

X - Visions and prophecy.

1 - Are warnings sent from concerned people and will always come true.

2 -  Are manipulations from littlefinger-like characters with mental powers/glass candles.

(2)

Y - Doran did in did plan to marry Arianne to Viserys/ Quent to Dany / Arianne to Aegon.

T

F

(F)

Z - The forces of the Vale will:

1 - Go north

2 - Go to the Riverlands

3 - Other

(2)

AA - Azor Ahai is:

1 - Dany

2 - Jon

3 - Stannis

4 - Not real / we will never know

5 - Other

(4)

AB - Theon will:

1 - Be burned alive

2 - Be killed in the weirwood tree

3 - Be used in Stannis's plans (hostage trade, void kingmoot, infiltrating the Dredfort/Winterfell) while a fake burns

(3)

AC - We will see Howland Reed in TWOW

T

F

(F)

AD - The Damphair will survive the Battle of Blood

T

F

(T)

AE - Red Wedding 2.0

1 - Will happen

2 - Won't happen

(1)

AF - Sweetrobin will die.

T

F

(F)

1 Hallis Mollen

2 Harwin

3 Someone else-the problem with all the main candidates (including these two, Robett Glover, at al)) is that Theon knew them well and would have recognized them. So I think it's someone more random, who knows who Theon is from seeing him in winterfell - virtually everyone in winterfell will know who theon is - but who Theon doesn't know.

1 Ramsay Bolton-and, ramsay believes most or all of what he's written, though much of it turns out to be false; in particular, Stannis is not dead.

2 Stannis

3 Someone else

1 Yes

2 No

2 is only wounded

3 other

1 Yes

2 No. this is the last straw, proving for once and all that Arya is incapable of giving up her identity as Arya of house Stark and becoming no one. I doubt she even goes back to the HoBaW after the killing and the play.

1 Yes-but not until she returns to westeros and makes her way to the wall.

2 No

1 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting. Somehow LS is convinced to trust Brienne and Jamie enough to send them back out to look for Arya and/or Sansa.

2 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie does not survive the meeting

3 Other Outcome

1 True

2 False (thus he is a fake = fAegon). Close call, but i say he's fake, and a Blackfyre. I am completely skeptical of all the other hidden identity theories (unless you include the gravedigger=the hound, which is true as well) but this one, which I give a 60-40 chance of being true. 

1 Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow

2 Ned Stark + Ashara =Jon Snow

3 Other parentage

1 Yes

2 No

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare-just a guess

3 Reznak mo Reznak

4 someone else

1 Yes

2 No

1 True

2 False. or if he does it's short-lived. Victarion never leaves slaver's bay is my guess.

My choice is (from A-N):

A1-B1-C1-D2-E2-F1-G1-H1-I1-J1-K1-L3-M1-N2

• 5 months later...

Let me see…

A) Someone else (maybe Benjen Stark?)

B ) Ramsay Bolton (pink is one of the colors of House Bolton)

C) Yes (they may even bring back some Skagosi to help out)

D) is dead & needs to be resurrected w/ Melisandre’s help 

E) No (wasn't Raff on Arya's hit list already?)

F) No (I think that'd be too weird)

G) Jamie survives meeting Lady Stoneheart (maybe gets her to remember who she used to be, too)

H) True (only time will tell if he and Daenerys will meet)

I) N+A or B+A (not a fan of R+L)

J) No (not sure how)

K) Stannis wins and survives (maybe as a twist, he takes over Winterfell)

L) Galazza Galare (who knows?)

M) No (that doesn’t sound like something he’d do)

N) True (an ironborn with a dragon would be interesting)

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2019 at 3:01 AM, Greywater-Watch said:

Within half a year we will - hopefully - have TWOW in our hands (and devour it).

Then some will triumphantly claim they had been right with their theories, others will not.

Why not state the position towards several theories here and now, so we can see who was close to the mark.

I selected 14 questions:

1 Hallis Mollen

2 Harwin

3 Someone else

1 Ramsay Bolton

2 Stannis

3 Someone else

1 Yes

2 No

2 is only wounded

3 other

1 Yes

2 No

1 Yes

2 No

1 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie survives the meeting

2 Brienne and Jamie meet Lady Stoneheart and Jamie does not survive the meeting

3 Other Outcome

1 True

2 False (thus he is a fake = fAegon)

1 Rhaegar+Lyanna = Jon Snow

2 Ned Stark + Ashara =Jon Snow

3 Other parentage

1 Yes

2 No

2 Stannis wins but dies

3 The Boltons win

1 Hizdahr zo Loraq

2 Galazza Galare

3 Reznak mo Reznak

4 someone else

1 Yes

2 No

1 True

2 False

My choice is (from A-N):

A1-B1-C1-D2-E2-F1-G1-H1-I1-J1-K1-L3-M1-N2

A, 3 - someone else 

B, 1 - Ramsay

C, 1 - Yes

D, 3 - Other. Lots of people looking out for Jon. Melissandre (Fire), Val (Ice), Bran (Old Gods) and Ghost will all have a hand in it.

E, 2 - No

F, 2 - No

G, 1 - Survives

H, 2 - fAegon

I, 1 - R + L = JS

J, 1 -Yes

K, 2 - Stannis Wins/Dies

L, 3 - Reznak

M, 1- Yes

N, 2 - False, He might pledge him self to the Dragon Queen to spite his brother though

Archived