Winds of Winter Plot Predictions

Alyn Oakenfist

So it seems like GRRM will announce TWOW any day know (hope I'm not jinxing it), so with that said here's what I think will happen in TWOW breaking it down by theater/region/plotline. While it's impossible to say exactly what will happen I think we can guess the broad strokes.

Mereen/Dothraki sea

Probably using her dragon, Dany will show her strength to the Dothraki and unite the Khalasars. Using said Dothraki she will be able to permanently defeat the slavers (I think Barristan's charge will ultimately prove unsuccessful). There Dany will meet Tyrion, who will become her strongest adviser (especially after Barristan's inevitable death, he has outlived his usefulness to the plot). Finally with the slavers defeated and her having both the Iron fleet and the slaver fleet, she will depart Mereen. On the way to Westeros she will stop in Volantis, which she will promptly sack (the book I think will end with her setting sail to Westeros, having picked up a certain bald eunuch, who is pretending to be on her side).

The North

In the immediate term I think Stannis is going to win the Siege of Winterfell, by destroying the Freys on the ice, the Manderlys turning cloak then by pretending he lost and sneaking his forces into Winterfell pretending to be Freys. After Jon Snow arrives and is promptly named Lord of Winterfell. Somehow (not sure how) Stannis is going to die and Jon is going to be named King in the North.

The Wall and beyond

Not sure what's going to happen but in broad strokes i think Jon is obviously coming back, Shireen and Monstter will be burned by Mel and the White Walkers will slaughter everything north of the Wall. The book will end with the wall coming down (not sure exactly how).

The Vale

Sansa and Harold are going to marry (maybe some trickery done with Tyrion), Sweet Robin is going to finally kick the bucket, and Littlefinger is going to die by way of Sansa, Harold and the Lords Declarant.

Faegon's Invasion/KL Stormlands and Dorne

After Storm's End falls the Stormland are going to rally to Faegon. The fat flower will arrive and, due to his imcompetence and Jon Conn's use of Archers, will be defeated in a Wsterosi Agincourt. After that most of the Reach (especially Randyl Tarly) will side with Faegon as will Dorne. Back in KL, FrankenGregor will obliterate his foe in the trial by combat while Margery's fate is uncertain. As Faegon's massive host aproches KL the Faith and smallfolk turn against Cersei and she, Tommen and Myrcella are killed. Faegon is then crowned and marries Arianne. He also reveals Blackfyre. Jon Conn's greyscale is discovered and when given the option between exile or execution he choses execution. Just when he is brought to the block he sees Faegon's blue eyes (different from his Rhaegar's purple ones) and puts 2 and 2 toghter and figures out Faegon is a lie. The book ends with Faegon being beloved by the masses and starting to mend the Kingdoms.

Euron

Honestly not sure, as it could go either way. My personal belief is that Euron will turn out to be a red herring whose only purpose was to deliver the dragonhorn to Danny in order to be stolen by Varys and used by Faegon to tame a dragon. So I think Euron will be smashed at the Arbor straits after his magic goes horribly wrong.

Slaver's Bay - Barristan and Co. will manage to win the battle without dragons.  Barristan, Victarion, Moqorro, Tyrion, and the Dornish envoys will work together to defeat the Ghiscari masters.  

Dothraki Sea - Daenerys will win the small khalasar to her and return to Vaes Dothrak and the crones will kneel.  Most of the khals will resist and the Dothraki people will become divided.  Some will choose to keep to the old ways of raiding and slaving but many will choose the new path to freedom offered by the Khaleesi.

Stormlands - The Martells will throw in with Young Griff and attempt to put him on the throne.  I'm not certain how this will go but they will have success early on.  I don't think they can win over the Lannisters though.  It may result in Sunspear getting sacked by the Lannisters and the Tyrells.

Riverlands - Lady Stoneheart will continue with her mischief and warped sense of justice.  Arya will make her way there but die before she can finish off the Freys.  Arya will die but her pooch will survive thus allowing her a second life.

King's Landing - Cersei will win her trial of combat.  Jaime will fall off the wagon and won't get the redemption his fans desperately want him to get.

Winterfell - Mance Rayder will find a way to escape Ramsay.  Stannis will lose the battle and turn tail back to the wall.  Shireen will be sacrificed but nothing good will come of it.

North - Jon Snow will die and come back as a wight.  His mind intact within Ghost, he is a walking dead with a mind of his own.  Still nursing from the ruin of the Starks, Snowhead sets out on a path of bloody revenge that will topple what little defense is left against the white walkers.  

28 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Stormlands - The Martells will throw in with Young Griff and attempt to put him on the throne.  I'm not certain how this will go but they will have success early on.  I don't think they can win over the Lannisters though.  It may result in Sunspear getting sacked by the Lannisters and the Tyrells.

I don't know. The Stormlands seem set for Agincourt 2.0. (we are explicitly told that the ground is very muddy, Jon Conn seems to really value his archers, having learned not to rely on chivalry and honor and Mace has the tactical capacity of a squashed apricot). Faegon also seems to really resemble Mathias Corvinus. Also once Faegon is revealed I think the Faith will support him (till now they were siding with the Lannisters by default). There is also the problem of Randyl Tarly. He had been constantly snubed by the Lannisters and Tyrells and has good reason to turn cloak. Also if Cersei wins in the end it would mean that Dany would have a very easy road to the Iron Throne which I find doubtful. Plus there is that second Dance of Dragons which I think will happen between Faegon and Dany.

Dothraki Sea and Slavers Bay - Khal Pono will bring Dany either to his khalasar or to Vaes Dothrak, and there Dany will find out that Rhaego is alive (he was kidnapped by Pono, and this was the treason for blood). Then either Dany will use Drogon to burn all khals to death, or she will convince them to follow her (because her mount is a dragon, and because she was burned in Khal Drogo's funeral pyre but by some miracle managed to survive). She will gather all Dothraki khalasars in Vaes Dothrak. Barristan, Tyrion, Brown Ben, Tattered Prince and Co will win in the battle of Meereen. Until Dany's return Barristan will rule (with Tyrion's help). Maester Marwyn will arrive to Meereen. Coud be that Dothraki won't be using whatever fleet Dany's people will seize after the battle. Maybe they will cross Narrow Sea on foot. Either the Sea will dry (like in Mirri Maz Duur's prophecy) or it will freez over. So Rhaego will lead his people thru the Sea like Biblical Moses.

In The Vale Littlefinger somehow will come out victorius out of that situation (Sansa vs Robert vs Harry). Then he will offer Sansa as a bride to fAegon. She's the heiress of The North, the last (free) surviving (half)Tully of Riverlands, widow-wife of the Lord of Westerlands (Tyrion's), and possibly by that time she will also be widow-wife of Robert Arryn. So with Sansa Littlefinger will offer to fAegon support of The North, Riverlands, The Vale, and Westerlands, which is more than what fAegon can get from the marriage with Arianne Martell. Most likely Littlefinger has already contacted fAegon's people, and that's why they have already disregarded Arianne as a bride-candidate for fAegon, and instead planned to get Dorne's support thru marriage between Arianne and JonCon. Though fAegon and Arianne will meet, and they will fall in love. Based on a scene from The Hedge Knight novel I think that when fAegon/mummer's dragon will be killed, Arianne will be pregnant ->

"The puppeteer's stall had been knocked on its side. The fat Dornishwoman was on the ground weeping.

One man-at-arms was dangling the puppets of Florian and Jonquil from his hands as another set them afire with a torch. Three more men were opening chests, spilling more puppets on the ground and stamping on them. The dragon puppet was scattered all about them, a broken wing here, its head there, its tail in three pieces." (Florian and Jonquil are Barristan and Septa Lemore/Lady Jeyne Swann, fAegon's real parents. Or not. Me and my theories :rolleyes:)

fAegon and Golden Company will be defeated by Euron <- this is based on one of Mel's visions and on Aeron's first dream in TWOW. Then Euron for some time will be selfproclaimed King of 7K (<- this is based on Aeron's second dream from TWOW), either thru marriage with Cersei or Margaery, or just because he and his fleet will seize King's Landing. Then Dany and her armies will arrive to Westeros, and thru Shiera Seastar's/Quaithe's guidance Dany and her dragons will get rid of Euron. My guess is that the Three-Eyed Crow is Shiera Seastar, and that Euron, Maester Marwyn and Mirri Maz Duur were Shiera's apprentices in the past. Euron's nickname is the Crow's Eye because he is Shiera's/3EC's "third eye", also he's Urrathon Nightwalker, who has a house in Qarth and is able to use glass candles, same as Quaithe and Maester Marwyn.

Jon won't go to Winterfell. The situation beyond The Wall will become critical, and then Bran will arrive to Castle Black (he will escape from Bloodraven, because he will figure out that the Others the Children and Bloodraven are connected together thru symbiosis with the Weirwood. It was the Children who created the Others, though they can't control them anymore). Situation between Jon, Stannis and Mance will be somehow resolved without additional fighting. Stannis will defeat Boltons and will seize Winterfell. Fake Arya will be send to Castle Black, so Jon will find out that there's no need for him to go to Winterfell. Instead he will go beyond The Wall, to save remaining wildlings at Hardhome. After his return to Castle Black, Bran or Melisandre will suggest Jon to go to Dragonstone (which by that time will be under Dany's control), to ask help from Dany and her dragons. The Others and their Undead Army will get on this side of The Wall (Jon saw part of this in his dream in ADWD). The Watchers will win against first wave of the Others' attack, but then they will have to retreat away from The Wall, between the attacks. Jon will go to fetch Dany, Rhaego, dragons, Dothraki, mixed-Essos and Westeros armies, and the final battle will happen on the banks of Trident (Dany saw this in her dream).

Varys, Littlefinger and Euron will be offed by dragons. King's Landing will burn (like Babylon), and the new capital will be build somewhere else.

ASOIAF will end with Jon's and Dany's wedding <- based on the ending of the Bible, and the ending of The Lord of the Rings, in both books the Promised Prince in the end had married with his bride.

Something like that ^_^ 

I don't think things will go so smoothly in the Vale like some of you seem to believe. Haven't we learned by now that well thought-out plans always come crushing down in horrible ways in ASOIAF. I am not sure what will take place, however I am quite sure that Sansa will be forced to flee from the Vale. In a way it is a logical conclusion to Sansa's arc. Several fairyales pop up in Sansa's chapters but the biggest one is the Princess in the Tower. Sansa has to at some point, like Rapunzel, venture into the wilderness. It will be a tough journey for her, but it would give her ton of character development. As to where she will go, well, there's only one place Sansa can go: to the North. 

Hrm...I think I'm most excited for pick on Jaime & Brienne story, but I really want to know what Martin actually does with Jon's state of being.  I predict the Valyrian Steel swords will be found and gathered for the War for Dawn.  With that in mind, Arya will come home and Bran will leave BR's cave.  Aegon will reveal he has Blackfyre...for a while at any rate.  Jamie and Brienne will wield their twin silvery/blue flames together, just as in his 1st dream.  Thoros will splinter from Lady Stoneheart.  Heartsbane will be taken by someone more worthy than Randyll Tarly and a whole bunch of swords will show up and change hands in the Reach and Vale.  Jorah will get the blade Dany promised him.  

3 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Plus there is that second Dance of Dragons which I think will happen between Faegon and Dany.

I'm not sure why most people think the second dance is happening between Dany and Aegon when Dany has two dragons that are in danger to be bound to Victarion. I know we tend to look at what happened in the first Dance, with the war being between Targaryens, but still, I think that by the time Dany reaches Westeros, winter will have set in and the Long Night will have started. Plus it's not even certain that Aegon will hold the throne by the time she arrives. Just my two cents.

I think Cersei will hightail it to Casterly Rock with whatever children she still has left. I would really really like to see some of the houses in the westerlands try to assert themselves and challenge the Lannister power now that Tywin is dead. I just don't know which house would do that but there must be some disgruntled, resentful houses there, no? 

I think Dany will sack Yunkai on her way to Meereen as she should, because eff' them. I honestly don't know what she will do in Meereen since that whole thing is a massive clusterfuck. 

Jon Snow will have his rebirth in ice and fire in a ceremony that's perhaps akin to what MMD did with Drogo. I think the opening line of the Night's Watch vows are a huge neon sign that the vows are supposed to take only when "night gathers." I think he will take up the regency for Rickon and help prepare the north for what's coming. I think Aegon will eventually go north.

I think there's foreshadowing of Theon's burning in the Wayward Bride chapter.

East Essos  - Daenerys will take over the Dothraki, probably with a little help from a dragon.  This will enable her to go west towards Westeros across the Dothraki Sea. I doubt she will go on a grand tour of eliminating slavery.  She will have other priorities, and it would take too long.  I am tired of her not getting to Westeros.

Meanwhile, Tyrion will stabilize Meereen, thus freeing Dany to go west.  He will then head west, probably with Unsullieds and anyone else that wants to join him.  Consolidation with Dany at the 2/3 mark of the book, and arrival in or near Westeros by the end.

North - Stannis will likely take Winterfell, probably with the help of the Karstarks changing sides.  Theon will be toast - possibility literally - .  Jon either isn't dead, or will come back quickly, although FArya will go through while he is out of commission, and head to Braavos.  The Others will probably launch their attack at about the halfway point of the book.

Davos will end up in the Far North with Rickon, and will also probably show up at Hardhome.  Neither he nor Rickon will make it south of the Wa;ll beforeo the end of the book.

After discovering useful information, Bran will leave the cave, possibly via the underground river.  I do not believe that he will stay in the cave, and I do not trust the CotF.

Arya - Arya will leave Braavos by the middle of the book, possibly after meeting with FArya and getting on thin ice with the Faceless Men, due to her inability to obey orders and the fact that she retains a conscience.  Her wolfpack will be useful in the fight against the Others.

Sansa - Will come into her own politically in the Vale.  I think she will use her skills to help the North in its battle against the Others.  She  will not remain in the Vale for long, and will end up in the North.

Brienne and Jaime - I have no idea what will happen here, but I think Jaime may not last long.

All for now,, more later.

On 12/20/2019 at 2:33 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

[...]

He also reveals Blackfyre. Jon Conn's greyscale is discovered and when given the option between exile or execution he choses execution. Just when he is brought to the block he sees Faegon's blue eyes (different from his Rhaegar's blue ones) and puts 2 and 2 toghter and figures out Faegon is a lie. The book ends with Faegon being beloved by the masses and starting to mend the Kingdoms.

I really don't believe that. JonCon has already seen Young Griff's eyes and compared them to Rhaegar's, so there's absolutely nothing new here for him. He just has no reason to expect Rhaegar's children's eyes to be the exact same shade of purple.

On 20 December 2019 at 8:33 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

So it seems like GRRM will announce TWOW any day know (hope I'm not jinxing it), so with that said here's what I think will happen in TWOW breaking it down by theater/region/plotline. While it's impossible to say exactly what will happen I think we can guess the broad strokes.

Mereen/Dothraki sea

Probably using her dragon, Dany will show her strength to the Dothraki and unite the Khalasars. Using said Dothraki she will be able to permanently defeat the slavers (I think Barristan's charge will ultimately prove unsuccessful). There Dany will meet Tyrion, who will become her strongest adviser (especially after Barristan's inevitable death, he has outlived his usefulness to the plot). Finally with the slavers defeated and her having both the Iron fleet and the slaver fleet, she will depart Mereen. On the way to Westeros she will stop in Volantis, which she will promptly sack (the book I think will end with her setting sail to Westeros, having picked up a certain bald eunuch, who is pretending to be on her side).

The North

In the immediate term I think Stannis is going to win the Siege of Winterfell, by destroying the Freys on the ice, the Manderlys turning cloak then by pretending he lost and sneaking his forces into Winterfell pretending to be Freys. After Jon Snow arrives and is promptly named Lord of Winterfell. Somehow (not sure how) Stannis is going to die and Jon is going to be named King in the North.

The Wall and beyond

Not sure what's going to happen but in broad strokes i think Jon is obviously coming back, Shireen and Monstter will be burned by Mel and the White Walkers will slaughter everything north of the Wall. The book will end with the wall coming down (not sure exactly how).

The Vale

Sansa and Harold are going to marry (maybe some trickery done with Tyrion), Sweet Robin is going to finally kick the bucket, and Littlefinger is going to die by way of Sansa, Harold and the Lords Declarant.

After Storm's End falls the Stormland are going to rally to Faegon. The fat flower will arrive and, due to his imcompetence and Jon Conn's use of Archers, will be defeated in a Wsterosi Agincourt. After that most of the Reach (especially Randyl Tarly) will side with Faegon as will Dorne. Back in KL, FrankenGregor will obliterate his foe in the trial by combat while Margery's fate is uncertain. As Faegon's massive host aproches KL the Faith and smallfolk turn against Cersei and she, Tommen and Myrcella are killed. Faegon is then crowned and marries Arianne. He also reveals Blackfyre. Jon Conn's greyscale is discovered and when given the option between exile or execution he choses execution. Just when he is brought to the block he sees Faegon's blue eyes (different from his Rhaegar's blue ones) and puts 2 and 2 toghter and figures out Faegon is a lie. The book ends with Faegon being beloved by the masses and starting to mend the Kingdoms.

Euron

Honestly not sure, as it could go either way. My personal belief is that Euron will turn out to be a red herring whose only purpose was to deliver the dragonhorn to Danny in order to be stolen by Varys and used by Faegon to tame a dragon. So I think Euron will be smashed at the Arbor straits after his magic goes horribly wrong.

The sample chapters show the Slavers being kerb-stomped.  The Ironborn are attacking them, while the Windblown and Second Sons have switched sides.  They'll be destroyed long before she returns.  I expect there will be a round of executions, on her return.

Mereen/Dothraki sea

We will get a pulsating 10 chapter arc describing the coital and culinary habits of the Mereenese during wartime. Dany will be carted off to the Dosh Kaleen so her POV will give us insight into Dothraki culture. 

The climax of her Arc will be when she hears rumours the Kingslayers brother has hooked up with Jorah back in the city she ruined, and she considers summoning Drogon to GTFO of Vaes Dothrak. 

Victarion is the only Eastern theater character capable of moving the narrative forward quickly. Expect him to die soon and his fleet desert him to become pimps in New Ghus

The North

10 more chapters of build up with Stannis grinding his teeth and Roose speaking even lower to attract attention  

Stannis' army starves and all die. A description of the strained bowel movements of Stannis' army as they die in sub zero temperatures. 

The Wall and beyond

Mel resurrects Jon only for Bowen and co to have him and Mel hanged. 

The Others finally make it to the Skirling pass, setting them up to hit the Wall in the final book. I expect an in depth description of Bowen Marsh counting the winter stores purchased from the IB loan. 

The Vale

Littlefinger makes them wait out the storm, organising tourneys and lusting after Sansa. 

After Storm's End falls to Faegon we get 15 chapters of Doran procrastinating whether to support him or not, and Connington slowly turning to stone. 

Euron

the only character left in Westeros capable of dragging the narrative by the scruff and moving it forward. He will die in first chapter and we will get 15 chapters describing the victory banquets in the Reach. 

20 hours ago, FictionIsntReal said:

I really don't believe that. JonCon has already seen Young Griff's eyes and compared them to Rhaegar's, so there's absolutely nothing new here for him. He just has no reason to expect Rhaegar's children's eyes to be the exact same shade of purple.

Maybe you're right. Still I do think that in his last moments Jon Conn will figure out the truth.

• 3 months later...

Mereen/Dothraki sea

The Slavers will be destroyed by the action of Barristan, Tyrion and Victarion; Barristan dies, Vic tries to control the dragons with the horn and dies in the most ridiculous and epic way possible at the same time.

Dany gains fastly the support of all the dothraki with the help of Drogon who will burn all the khal, she control them either by fear or devotion, probably both. Then she wreck havok on Yunkai and come to Meeren and make Tyrion her first adviser according to his knowledge about the Lannister strenght and weakness, she promised him Castlery Rock but stays very careful about him, she slowly turn into an implacable despote and move to Westeros with the rest of Slavers and Ironborn's fleet.

The North

Stannis fight bravely the Bolton and force them to retreat a first time, the siege begins but last very long. Shireen will be burned at one point. Liked it or not, but I am pretty sure he will die the same way than in the show, alone, sad, disillusioned by his destiny and killed by Brienne when she will be in the North to deliver Robb testament by order of LS.

Rickon comes back from Skagos and stay prince after the revelation of Robb last will.

I can't imagine what will happen to the Greyjoy siblings but the thing I am sure it's that Theon will survive the book, after all the hell he went through, why kill him now ? He has to pay the iron price protecting Winterfell and the two youngest Stark when the dead will come in ADOS.

The Wall and beyond

Jon will come back to life with the help of Melisandre in fire and smoke. He kills the traitor and leaves the NW because his watch ended when he dies. He comes to the North hoping he will help Stannis with the free folk but ending the conflict becoming the leader of Stannis army and retake Winterfell with the major help of the Vale and Sansa.

The march of the death begins, they took millennia to rebuilt their army, killing wildlings and the NW every now and then (they are for sure the most perseverant players in the game) but now they are ready. The Hold the Door chapter will be awesome, everybody in Bran's group dies and he escape with the help of Coldhands. Bran's vision will help us to learn a lot about a lot of things.

The Vale

Sansa become as strategic and machiavelique as LF. Robin dies, Harold too after the wedding. LF want to rule the North and the Vale with Sansa, he become the lord of the Vale and marry Sansa (many lords of the Vale will dies by "accident" to limit and prevent the opposition). They will retake Winterfell with Jon and the shit will begins when they will learn the last will of Robb about the North.

The Riverland

LS will pardon Jaime and Brienne in one condition. Jaime has to help the BwB in the fall of house Frey, second red wedding is coming. Brienne will have to go to the North to keep her oath and help her daughter to retake her home and in the same time, to prove the veracity of Robb testament and make Jon king in the North, she kills Stannis at some point. 

Knowing that Robb was avanged and his last will was finally respected (Jon will be King of the North at the end of the book), she will be ready to go. Arya will leave Bravos and stop in the Riverland at the end of the book, she will be the one to put an end to Cat's second life and giving her the peace she needed.

Before this, she will meet a lot of old comrades, helping her to understand she never was no one, but always a Stark from Winterfell :  Nymeria and her pack, Gendry with the BwB and maybe the Hound who will come out of his retirement for some reason.

Cersei become Mad Queen and killing everyone using wildfire is a pretty good climax for me (she will do what Jaime stopped in the past with Aerys, there is no way he stay with her after that). Furthermore, I think Marg and the High Sparrow have to go to clear the way, because Cersei will be a better opposant for Faegon-Dorne and/or Dany. More irresponsable, more dangerous, more disturbed and capable of heihtened tension in the most dramatic way.

Faegon take SL very easily, no major battle with the Tyrell force because they will rally with him to try to defeat both Euron and Cersei. Doran will want to assure his place of power and get Dany out of the game before her arrival. When Dany comes, she organize the alliance with Faegon and the war by trying to save the population of the 7K and KL by not using dragon on the cities but become mad when she learns the Martell and Faegon want to get her out of the game. Faegon is a blackfyre, along with Ilyrio and maybe Varys. They don't want to be the minions of the Targaryen Queen, and Doran want a bigger place in the 7K and want to see the Martell into the royal family just like he wanted with Elia. And of course, he can't forget Quentyn's death by Dany's dragons and judge her accountable as much as the Lannister are for Elia and Oberyn. Shit goes wrong. Dany burns Sunspear and the Water Garden. Drogon kills Illyrio and maybe Varys.

In the same time, Faegon will have to order the execution of JonCon because he can't save him and he contaminated a major part of the GC but enters in conflict with the Ironborn and dies by the hand of Euron. I can imagine a scene where Euron looking at JonCon using the same quote than Thanos after breaking the neck of the false dragon: "NO RESURECTION THIS TIME ". Yes it's another level of fanfiction lol but the level of epicness would be something.

I don't see Hotah dies but he will stay out of the major conflict for the major part of book, his hunt of Darkstar leads him and Obara to Starfall and his POV will help the readers to learn a lot of stuff about Ashara, Dawn...

Euron

A god damn lot of magic and mystic stuff happens leading him to provoke the death oh his brothers, destroying the citadel, killing Faegon, gaining the control of the GC (now composed in a major part of stonemen); he takes the winter horn, tames one the dragon with the help of Jaquen h'ghar and destroy the wall. He is a fallen potential 3eyed raven but now just the one Crow's eye, (like a padawan turning into a sith instead of a jedi), an agent of the chaos, the last storm who will make a clean sweep of the 7K to build something else; something better to him. End of TWOW.

Yes, TWOW has to be at least a 1500 page book. At least.

A lot of the predictions in this thread are suggesting that the Battle of Meereen is going to be a rout for the pro-Daenerys forces led by Barristan.  Indeed the chapters released so far seem to imply that this is the case.  Both Tyrion and Barristan seem elated about the arrival of the Ironborn.  

I can't help feeling that there is a major twist about to come into play here.  Yes there is the dragonhorn which should bring the dragons into the fray - unless they involve themselves due to excess noise.  

I also don't see how Tyrion is going to ingratiate himself with Dany's captains following the battle when Brown Ben has already been denounced as a turncloak.   

I could see Victarion killing Selmy somewhat indiscriminately at the end of the battle and Moquorro being the one to bring Tyrion into the fold and give him some power? 

On 4/26/2020 at 10:53 AM, Loras said:

A lot of the predictions in this thread are suggesting that the Battle of Meereen is going to be a rout for the pro-Daenerys forces led by Barristan.  Indeed the chapters released so far seem to imply that this is the case.  Both Tyrion and Barristan seem elated about the arrival of the Ironborn.  

I can't help feeling that there is a major twist about to come into play here.  Yes there is the dragonhorn which should bring the dragons into the fray - unless they involve themselves due to excess noise.  

I tend to agree. There are many other important elements that might make the situation difficult: The Quarteen camel cavalry, the 100 New Ghis elephants (Dany has only a handful of them), those Tolosi slingers give me bad vibes, the approaching Volantenes, Khal Jhaqo's khalasar, Moqorro and ultimately Dragonbinder. From the released chapters the battle is going too good.

I also don't see how Tyrion is going to ingratiate himself with Dany's captains following the battle when Brown Ben has already been denounced as a turncloak.   

It is probably that Brown Ben, Tyrion and Jorah make a crucial contribution that make the others forgive them.

I could see Victarion killing Selmy somewhat indiscriminately at the end of the battle and Moquorro being the one to bring Tyrion into the fold and give him some power? 

Victarion is more likely to get burned by a dragon (or by Moqorro himself). Barristan will most likely die betrayed by the Shavepate.

Archived