Winds of Winter Plot Predictions

Alyn Oakenfist

2 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

I tend to agree. There are many other important elements that might make the situation difficult: The Quarteen camel cavalry, the 100 New Ghis elephants (Dany has only a handful of them), those Tolosi slingers give me bad vibes, the approaching Volantenes, Khal Jhaqo's khalasar, Moqorro and ultimately Dragonbinder. From the released chapters the battle is going too good.

Yes. Also noteworthy that our three Meereen POV's are all located on the west-side of Meereen, we have very little idea on how the battle on the east-side is going. I imagine that the eastern-Lhazareen will show up and affect the battle there. 
I don't think the Slingers would be very important. In Barristan II we hear that the Elyrian Crossbowmen are very effective. 

On 12/20/2019 at 2:33 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

So it seems like GRRM will announce TWOW any day know (hope I'm not jinxing it), so with that said here's what I think will happen in TWOW breaking it down by theater/region/plotline. While it's impossible to say exactly what will happen I think we can guess the broad strokes.

Mereen/Dothraki sea

Probably using her dragon, Dany will show her strength to the Dothraki and unite the Khalasars. Using said Dothraki she will be able to permanently defeat the slavers (I think Barristan's charge will ultimately prove unsuccessful). There Dany will meet Tyrion, who will become her strongest adviser (especially after Barristan's inevitable death, he has outlived his usefulness to the plot). Finally with the slavers defeated and her having both the Iron fleet and the slaver fleet, she will depart Mereen. On the way to Westeros she will stop in Volantis, which she will promptly sack (the book I think will end with her setting sail to Westeros, having picked up a certain bald eunuch, who is pretending to be on her side).

The North

In the immediate term I think Stannis is going to win the Siege of Winterfell, by destroying the Freys on the ice, the Manderlys turning cloak then by pretending he lost and sneaking his forces into Winterfell pretending to be Freys. After Jon Snow arrives and is promptly named Lord of Winterfell. Somehow (not sure how) Stannis is going to die and Jon is going to be named King in the North.

The Wall and beyond

Not sure what's going to happen but in broad strokes i think Jon is obviously coming back, Shireen and Monstter will be burned by Mel and the White Walkers will slaughter everything north of the Wall. The book will end with the wall coming down (not sure exactly how).

The Vale

Sansa and Harold are going to marry (maybe some trickery done with Tyrion), Sweet Robin is going to finally kick the bucket, and Littlefinger is going to die by way of Sansa, Harold and the Lords Declarant.

Faegon's Invasion/KL Stormlands and Dorne

After Storm's End falls the Stormland are going to rally to Faegon. The fat flower will arrive and, due to his imcompetence and Jon Conn's use of Archers, will be defeated in a Wsterosi Agincourt. After that most of the Reach (especially Randyl Tarly) will side with Faegon as will Dorne. Back in KL, FrankenGregor will obliterate his foe in the trial by combat while Margery's fate is uncertain. As Faegon's massive host aproches KL the Faith and smallfolk turn against Cersei and she, Tommen and Myrcella are killed. Faegon is then crowned and marries Arianne. He also reveals Blackfyre. Jon Conn's greyscale is discovered and when given the option between exile or execution he choses execution. Just when he is brought to the block he sees Faegon's blue eyes (different from his Rhaegar's purple ones) and puts 2 and 2 toghter and figures out Faegon is a lie. The book ends with Faegon being beloved by the masses and starting to mend the Kingdoms.

Euron

Honestly not sure, as it could go either way. My personal belief is that Euron will turn out to be a red herring whose only purpose was to deliver the dragonhorn to Danny in order to be stolen by Varys and used by Faegon to tame a dragon. So I think Euron will be smashed at the Arbor straits after his magic goes horribly wrong.

You should write the books.

Dany and Slavers Bay - Dany will use Drogon to kill the Khals and get herself a khalasar. Barristan , Victarion , Tyrion and Jorah will take care of the slavers , but Barristan will not trust Vic and that will result in his death by Vic. Vic will blow the dragonhorn and be burnt to death by the dragons , Rhageal will leave Mereen to join his new master ( Euron , the horn is bound to him) . When Dany returns to Mereen Tyrion will become her advisor , Jorah will be forgiven and Dany will embrace R'Hllor thanks to Moqorro . On her way to Westeros she will sack Volantis and be proclaimed Azor Ahai by Benerro. I think Darioo ultimately will turn out to be a traitor. 

The North - Jon will be resurrected one way or another and will march south with the wildlings. Stannis fakes his death and Davos retrives Rickon. Ramsay will kill Roose and Walda. Jon , Stannis , Manderlys and Skagosi warriors will defeat Ramsay. Stannis and Jon will start preperations for the long night. Rickon dies somehow. Theon and Asha returns to the Iron Islands. 

Bran - Will learn ancient history and Jon's parentage under Bloodraven. We will learn some more about the Others. Bloodraven will die somehow forcing Bran and co to escape. I think Jojen already is dead. 

Sansa and the Vale- I have no idea. But I think Harry dies and Sweetrobin survives. 

Arya- Will eventually return to Westeros where she meets Stoneheart and gives her " Mercy ". Reunuties with Nymeria.

Kings landing - Cersei wins her trial and I think she will cause the death of Margaery. Tommen and Myrcella dies and Cersei escapes with Qyburn and unGregor when Faegon attacks. The Faith and Randyll Tarly will join Faegon.

Stormlands - Dorne will join Faegon and Mace Tyrell dies with his army defecting to Faegon. They then march on KL.

Riverlands - Stoneheart carries out a Red Wedding 2.0 and personally kills Walder Frey. Jaime and Brienne escapes . 

Darkstar - Balon Swann bites the dust. Darkstar steals Dawn . Maybe Obara joins Darkstar. Areo survives. 

Oldtown - Euron will crush the Redwyne fleet with magic and will take Oldtown. Sam , Gilly and Sarella escapes. By the end of the book Euron has bounded with Rhageal ( thanks to Vic blowing the Horn) and he will get his hands on the horn of winter and blow it , causing the Wall to fall. 

So by the end of the book the wall is down and the Others are invading , the Starks are in controll of WF , Arya is back in Westeros , Dany are on her way , Faegon rules KL , Cersei is back at CR  and Euron has a dragon. 

Mereen/Dothraki sea

I think Dany will be sent to Vaes Dothrak, to the dosh khaleen. Against her will. But somehow she will fulfill the "naked crones, kneeling shivering before her" vision. The Dothrakis only bow to force and promise of rampage. I don't think one dragon would be enough to cow them. Maybe the crones will acknowledge her as the Stallion. Or they will follow her on promise of Fire and Blood. Anyways, they will not follow her for freeing slaves and protecting the weak.

I don't think she will return to slavers' Bay in time to win the battle. Barristan and Yunkai forces will mostly annihilate each other, helped by the Pale Mare. Victarion and Moqorro will bind the remaining dragon and finish the battle. With the sell swords left and the slavers defeated at Meereen, Volantis slaves will rebel and burn the city. Before or after Dany return to Meereen and the mercenaries join her forces. Between Ironborn and Volanteen, Dany will have enough ships to return to Westeros. Meereen and the Slaver Bay is decimated. No need either to stop at Volantis for a battle and conquest.

The North

Manderly will betray the Freys. And holes in the frozen lake. Stannis remaining forces will disguise as victorious Freys. Maybe with Stannis an apparent prisoner. Doing so, they will gain access inside Winterfell and surprise attack the Boltons not ready for battle. More or less the same trick Ramsay used to win Winterfell. Inside the "mummer show" will end. Many of the Northmen, Lady Dustin at their head will be revealed as part of the conspiracy. Ramsey will use the confusion to kill his father and flee. Davos will find Rickon at Skagos. With Benjen. Rescued and sent there by Coldhands and BR. Probably Benjen who collected Rickon at White Harbor. Rickon will become Lord of Winterfell.

The Wall and beyond

Jon Snow is dead and returned to life. Or not exactly life. I don't think Melisandre will do it. Anyway, something changed. I'm not sure he will be a POV and we will know what he is thinking. The Night Watch is ended and the Wall is in the hands of the Free Folk. Jon still leads them. But if he goes somewhere, it ill be North, to meet the Others or something that can help.

The Vale

Sansa will marry Harold. Not a happy marriage. Not sure he and Sweet Robin will live long. I don't think LF will see the end of the book either. Sansa would finally have the ruling of the Vale, as Ned's and Cat's daughter. In defiance of Cersei.

Faegon

Aegon is Illrio's son. But neither he nor Jon Con know it. After a quick and clean conquest of the Stormlands, he will have Dorne's support, thanks to Arianne and the Sand Snakes rushing Doran precautions. He will also gain the support of the Faith and everyone's discontent of Cersei. She will finally have Maergery's head. Tommen will be dead, poisoned by Varys. The Tyrell will have no other choice than siding with Faegon. I don't know how, but I believe Cersei will still hold KL at the end of the book, with Myrcella queen. She will hold it until Dany is there. Someway, Jon Con will also spread Gray Scale.

Euron

Euron is one big enemy. The other major player with BR. I believe in his far voyages he got possessed by an evil like there are in Asshai and beyond or Sothoryos. He is not the old Euron. Not to be confused with the other Greyjoys and ironborn losers. I believe he is playing another side than the Ice (Old Gods or the Others) and Fire (R'hllor, Shadows and Red Priests).

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 1:02 AM, BalerionTheCat said:

I believe in his far voyages he got possessed by an evil like there are in Asshai and beyond or Sothoryos. He is not the old Euron. Not to be confused with the other Greyjoys and ironborn losers. I believe he is playing another side than the Ice (Old Gods or the Others) and Fire (R'hllor, Shadows and Red Priests).

I'm interested to hear more about this.

On 5/24/2020 at 3:59 PM, LordImp said:

I'm interested to hear more about this.

Mostly a wild guess.

There is something Lovecraft in GRRM's universe and ASoIaF. Worshipers of a stone/god fallen from the sky, creatures from the deeps of the sea, breeding with humans, necromancers... Some readers believe all this is garbage to populate the maps and ridicule maesters. But the Seastone Chair is made of the same Oily black stone than Asshai by the Shadow, Yeen or the Toad Stone. All near or connected to the sea. The places Euron would visit.

There has been plenty of warmongers in Westeros. But those sitting the Seastone Chair had more than their share of it. As it seems. In all known Planetos, the places with the Oily stone are the worst. So I'm wondering if the ones living near the Seastone Chair are not suffering from its influence.

Some readers also believe the gods do not exist. And every magic is done by powerful wizards. I don't think so. There are otherworldly creatures, the Others, the dragons. But are the dragons not hybrids of Firewyrms and natural Wyverns? And the mysterious Shadows of Asshai. Others are barely unnatural, like the CotF. As it seems, the humans have only very specific and limited powers by themselves. Granted either (or both) by blood shared with the CotF (or maybe dragons for the valyrian dragon lords) and excedingly rare talent. Mind transfer to other bodies and prophetic dreams. But everything big, like resurrection or death saving, healing is done by invoking the assistance of something supernatural. And this assistance is not cheap.

So if Euron is that powerful, as I believe he is, he must have assistance from something. And these things seem to work more for themselves than for the invocator pleasure. So why I'm guessing Euron is either possessed by something, or is nothing but the slave of some power seeking dominance of the World. As in Lovecraft stories if I'm correct.

The concept of possession is not foreign to ASoIaF. The skin changers, the wights. So it would not be out of style to have Euron possessed. The story could do without. Maybe Euron is just a fool. Or he could do a lot with luck and the little power he has. But the other question is: Where could he have learned so much by himself? Or why such wizard so powerful would care to teach him rather than crush him? How could he be threatened by puny Euron?

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

So if Euron is that powerful, as I believe he is, he must have assistance from something. And these things seem to work more for themselves than for the invocator pleasure. So why I'm guessing Euron is either possessed by something, or is nothing but the slave of some power seeking dominance of the World. As in Lovecraft stories if I'm correct.

The concept of possession is not foreign to ASoIaF. The skin changers, the wights. So it would not be out of style to have Euron possessed. The story could do without. Maybe Euron is just a fool. Or he could do a lot with luck and the little power he has. But the other question is: Where could he have learned so much by himself? O's why such wizard so powerful would care to teach him rather than crush him? How could he be threatened by puny Euron?

I agree with this analysis.  I always circle back to the crow's eye. Sometimes he wears the black patch and sometimes the red. To me this signifies the presence of something else. He no longer wears either patch and Aeron perceives him as a demon in human skin. 

His reputation for madness could be an indication of possession if you recall Thistle's reaction to Varamyr's attempt to take her body.  Even Hodor with his damaged mind initially struggles with Bran's possession.  We can't say possession doesn't happen in the story.

Aeron identifies the enemy as the Storm God and ravens are his creatures.  

A Feast for Crows - The Prophet

"Where is Gormond?" Gorold asked when he saw Aeron.
"He returns afoot. Send your women away, my lord. And the maester as well." He had no love of maesters. Their ravens were creatures of the Storm God, and he did not trust their healing, not since Urri. No proper man would choose a life of thralldom, nor forge a chain of servitude to wear about his throat

A Dance with Dragons - Tyrion IX

Might be we'll make Meereen after all, Tyrion thought.

But when he clambered up the ladder to the sterncastle and looked off from the stern, his smile faltered. Blue sky and blue sea here, but off west … I have never seen a sky that color. A thick band of clouds ran along the horizon. "A bar sinister," he said to Penny, pointing.

"What does that mean?" she asked.

"It means some big bastard is creeping up behind us."

Some big bastard or some great bastard?

Bar sinister definition is - a heraldic charge held to be a mark of bastardy. 

A Feast for Crows - The Iron Captain

"We shall have no king but from the kingsmoot." The Damphair stood. "No godless man—"

"—may sit the Seastone Chair, aye." Euron glanced about the tent. "As it happens I have oft sat upon the Seastone Chair of late. It raises no objections." His smiling eye was glittering. "Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air . . . I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy . . . protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence." He laughed. "Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

"Who knows more of gods than I? I have served ten thousand.

• 4 weeks later...

STANNIS

He'll win the battle, but he still will have challenges. He'll need Asha's help to take Tohen's Square. Later he'll take Caillin. Asha will be the pov. But his biggest challenges will be to kepp his soldiers and the northen united. And there is Rickon - who already was a bit crazy before leaving Winterfell. The boy lost his parents, his oldest brother and is far from his siblings and his home. And went to Skagos! The boy, by the time, is just wild, and Davos will show this, rulling Winterfell, representing Stannis and take care Rickon. Theon will be clear about the murdering of the brothers' Stark, but Bran will ask him - in a dream - to sacrifice himself to solve Jon. I reckon Bran survived in AGOT because BR sacrificed Benjen. Now is the time theon does the same for Jon. Theon is broken, believes in the Old Gods. He will ask to a northern sacrifice him in the tree. But he's a prince, too. And Stannis'nen want burn him. So, he will have a sacrifice for the 2 religions like Victarion made in Meeren. So, later some time in coma, Jon will survive due the magic of Mel and BR. But his hair will get white and he will have sequels, like Bran. And the guard will be a mess. Wilds, queen's men, guard's ant and pro Jon will be fighting in the Wall. Jon will take all the book in order to pacify the men. But the Wall's magic will be ran out due these intern fights and the WW will try an invasion. In order to avoid this, Mel will burn the princess. 

Stannis will send Massey to Bravos. He deal with the Iron Bank who will hire all the FM. Arya - who by the time will be deaf for to have killed Ralf - will come back to westeros. The FM plan to stay in Night's Guard. But a storm takes her ship to riverlands. She will say is the desire of the God of Many Faces to stop there and will manipulate them to kill all the House Frey. 

Sansa will support Stannis when she know about Rickon. She marries Harold, but LF will got berseker because he won't bone with her and he will try rape her. She kill LF, pushing him from the castle. This castle is Snow. Later Sweet Robin will die due his disease or because he will can't bear the winter. Harold will die in the war and Sansa will find the book pregnant or pretending to be pregnant of Harold. The Vale will be hers. 

CERSEI 

She and his daughter in law will be clear. But when the sanakesands see Gregor, the things really will get hard. Tyenne will kill Tormen and later, Chataya will try to kill the High Sparrow. Martin said we will see Chataya and Allaya, right? I think Chataya doesn't see the High Sparrow as a whoore 's enemy, but an enemy of her religion. And she will try poison the High Sparrow, but Myrcella takes the poison. Now it's just cersei expecting the younger queen to come. By the time she will get rid of marg, so there's no queen, right? Wrong!  Euron will take KL and the IT. He will use the Sept of Baelor for rape, murder, sacrifice, dark magic, etc. All the septs will die, even the High Sparrow. And who will be with euron is Lynesse Hightower, queen of the love and beauty. She and Euron, laugh, laugh and laugh. 

Euron will take the IT from Cersei, but Lynesse will take all is more precious to cersei: her pride as Cersei Lannister. Lynesse send Cersei for Quibun. The ex-queen will be a new reek and just the valonqar will have mercy and will kill her.

EURON 

Hightower send a man Lys to ask Lynesse's help in order to deal with Euron. She deals with Euron, yes... but in another way. They turn lovers and the House Hightower turn Euron 's ally. He will get Westlands; part of the Reach and KL.

DANY 

Dany will get all the khalasares because they will think she is the stallion. Half of the book will be gather all the khals. When she come in Merren, Tyrion and Victarion already will have dealt with the slavers, her husband will be killed for Vic and Baristan will be died due the pest. She realizes that she needs the fleet and reconquering Meeeren and marries with Vic.

FAEGON 

The fake aegon takes all Stormlands and has Disney's support. The House Martell will know about Quentin and they will support faegon to revenge Dany. Jon Con dies due the pest. 

Lol, I didn't realize I wrote this! I meant Dorne, you crazy keyboard! Now I just get to think Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Minie...

Oh, I forgot to say: Dany 's hair won't grow up again. She will be a bald stallion. Without hair, without bells. And I think will be a bizarre jonerys: Jon looking an old and a bald Dany.

• 2 months later...

Archived