Why is Viserys the chief suspect in Baelor's death?

Floki of the Ironborn

I don't know if it's just me, but it's clear as day that Aegon IV poisoned Baelor, and then his father when the man proved healthier than he thought. Aegon had far fewer scruples and far more ambition than his dad, especially given that he'd impregnated his own cousin the year before. Plus, Baelor sided with Aegon's wife against him on at least one occasion when he sent Aegon on a diplomatic mission purely so he'd be away from her bed for a considerable amount of time. And given how petty and vindictive Aegon was, I totally believe that he'd remember that slight when putting poison in Baelor's food or drink. Add to it the fact that he was greedy, power-hungry, and probably had a bad relationship with Viserys, and given the brutal manner of his slow death, I'm convinced that he was a double kingslayer and kinslayer. I'm hoping that we'll get a clearer implication of his guilt in the "Fire and Blood" sequel. 

I can definitely believe that Aegon killed his cousin and his father. Given how petty and cruel he was, he would have had a bunch of reasons to hate both, and these reasons would have justified their deaths to himself even without his own ambition.

Baelor was in the middle of a fast. Sure he could have been poisoned but it's kinda hard to poison bread, considering you have to cook it. Water is easier but the description of Baelor's death doesn't really match up with or scream a specific type of poison. Viserys II could easily be something like Tears of Lys 

Yeah tbh I think it'd almost fit more if Aegon IV nudged Baelor towards the idea of a fast (wouldn't be hard, and he was exactly the sort of idiot that would starve himself to death). Poison in that situation would have been hard, but may have been a backup plan if Baelor didn't starve himself by accident.

Archived