Football: half-way point

Iskaral Pust

There have been plenty of good performances from Arsenal players today, but I don't think Pepe's was one of them. He may have beaten Shaw once or twice, but he took the easy option most of the time. Ozil and Aubameyang have both been way more effective.

Lacazette seemed a little off today, I've seen him play a lot better.

Pleased with that - Xhaka & Torreira excellent.

Big shout out to AMN too, he has improved so much and even though he will probably never be first choice, but his touch, his choices on the ball etc have improved so much even since the start of the season.

It's a lot easier to maintain intensity when it isn't your third game in 3 days ( I also think we don't need the intensity for 90 minutes, we won't do that this season, we just need to capitalize when we're on top like we did today - easier said than done though, obvs)

I actually stayed up to watch this shit. Lingard looks like he belongs in the Sunday league and if Shaw is not performing defensively then he's useless because he does next to nothing beyond the halfway line. Solskjaer won't do this but I hope he puts out the reserves in the FA Cup and League Cup  - it would be better if we get knocked out because the squad isn't deep enough in midfield and up front to cope with four competitions especially now with us having Matic and Fred as the only fit midfielders in the entire squad. Fair play to Arsenal though, they played us off the park. 

Aside from Liverpool’s phenomenal consistency so far, this is one of the most competitive PL seasons in a very long time.  There isn’t a dominant top 4 or big 6, every club has managed some surprise victories punching above their weight, no-one else has been close to invincible, there has been a noticeable value to good coaching, a few injuries is enough to cause any club to struggle for a while, and the points differentials are narrow enough that the second half of the season could potentially see huge changes in table positions. 

It does look like the greater financial resources throughout the league have made it possible for smaller clubs to acquire more competitive talent.  It doesn’t entirely erase the gap, but it gives them more of a chance. 

Solskjaer has also confirmed that McTominay has suffered ligament damage and is likely to be out for 2 months or more. So that just leaves Matic and Fred as the only fit midfielders in the entire squad - season over, we'll be lucky to finish 6th. Doubtful we make any signings this month either but don't worry, I'm sure Woodward will brief his buddies in the media that he's looking for a DoF for the umpteenth time. 

Bouremourh are so bad. Easily the worst team I’ve seen Liverpool play this year. And the highlights from today’s game were embarrassing. Eddie Howe used to be the guy pundits would throw out for potential top 6 job. I’d be surprised if they don’t get relegated 

31 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

A winger with 100% passing accuracy! Does anyone actually thing that's a good thing, given what it indicates?

He scored the first goal, set up the second, hit the post and created 4 chances. I get it, you don’t rate what he did. I do. If he wasn’t on the pitch today, score may have been different. Arsenal does not have a better right winger or actually any other player on the squad that takes players on at all.

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

Bouremourh are so bad. Easily the worst team I’ve seen Liverpool play this year. And the highlights from today’s game were embarrassing. Eddie Howe used to be the guy pundits would throw out for potential top 6 job. I’d be surprised if they don’t get relegated 

They have been in free fall, and they look like a push-over for almost anyone lately.  Granted, they have had a lot of players out injured, but they haven’t yet shown any signs of adapting to that.  And it doesn’t help that they paid a large fee to bring in Solanke as their back-up striker, although the free loan of Harry Wilson has definitely helped. Callum Wilson is off form, with no good alternate available while the likes of King, Fraser and Brooks have been injured.  But aside from Ake, they have a good amount of healthy MFs and defenders. 

Archived