Football: half-way point

Iskaral Pust

8 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Danny Murphy now huffing and puffing because Xhaka had the nerve to be fouled. What an absolute turbo-nonce.

Honestly, he's been doing some sort of performance art on co comms tonight

9 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Er, that isn’t a red card for Lacazette? Not sure how they’ve come to that decision.

It was the strangest referee performance I've seen in years. It's like anthony taylor could listen to murphy and wanted to let xhaka get away with *everything*

What a fall from grace for Piatek. He went from bossing it last season to utter wank this season. Looks like a one season wonder type like Belotti. Reports are that AC Milan are already looking to offload him.

John Percy reporting that Wolves and Fiorentina are close to reaching an agreement for Cutrone on loan. 

38 minutes ago, Mexal said:

That Arsenal game was painful. Happy to hear Arteta yelled at them at half time and showed some passion. Leeds were completely ineffective in the 2nd half.

Leeds do have a bit of tendency to fall off as games go on anyway with the intensity of the way Bielsa has them playing. They really needed to score while they were on top. Having said that Arsenal were better in the second half and there was clearly a tactical change from Arteta in how much more Arsenal were pressing Leeds as they tried to play out from the back.

Leeds aren't a bad side though. They're a bit like early Klopp era Liverpool in that they're a more dangerous side than the sum of their parts would suggest. It wasn't a great first half from Arsenal but I don't think it's a disaster either with Arteta showing the capacity to impact the direction of the game with some halftime changes. 

I'm liking Arteta. There will definitely be some growing pains to get the side to play with a consistent vision, especially with the injuries (Sokratis playing RB is not ideal) and a very real need to turn over the squad in the summer, but in terms of seeing some immediate improvement in style, can't complain. Also, seems like he's being proven right in areas and that will help drive his credibility with the players (from what I read, he yelled at the team at half time because they weren't doing anything they were supposed to and Leeds was playing exactly as he said they would).

2 hours ago, Consigliere said:

What a fall from grace for Piatek. He went from bossing it last season to utter wank this season. Looks like a one season wonder type like Belotti. Reports are that AC Milan are already looking to offload him.

Ceballos was a six game wonder earlier this season.  Piatek looks like an enduring rock of quality compared to him.

Archived