Football: half-way point

Iskaral Pust

If Rashford isn't 100% then we might as well just rest him. Liverpool away is a definite loss anyway. Would be pointless risking him in a game in which we have maybe a 1% chance of picking up a win. 

Not the best game but we managed to get through. Could have done without this replay nonsense though. Thought Nuno made a weird decision playing Traore on the left - he didn't have a bad game but it was always going to be more difficult going up against Wan Bissaka than Williams. 

Also, Williams is better than Shaw and Pereira is just a Brazilian Lingard. 

AWB had a very good game and kept Traore in check for most of the game. So yes it did make a difference because AWB is one of the best defensive fullbacks around while defending is clearly the weakness in Williams' game. Guaranteed Traore would have posed more threat had he played on the right in his preferred position. 

This is a rather strange one. LB is not an area I'd have thought Arsenal would look to reinforce. Kurzawa has also been quite shit especially defensively every time I've seen him play. Coming in on a free usually means higher wage demands as well. It seems rather short sighted to waste wages on a third LB who is inferior to the two they already have. 

5 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

That puts a lot of pressure on James and Rashford to do all the diving themselves.  OGS really showing hIs faith in their ability. 

Ah yes, I forgot. In your mind, Liverpool players never dive. Liverpool players never engage in tactical fouling. If any opposition dares put in tackles on Liverpool players, they are banded a dirty team and an affront to football. 

I'm not sure where all your fouling talk comes from. Really the only team we have a big problem with on that front is Burnley, and I'm sure we can both agree on that.

Liverpool players do sometimes dive, but Dan James is an order of magnitude worse. And United get a ton of penalties too. Salah needs to be actually murdered these days to get anything!

It sounds like OGS is willing to risk Rashford's career to have him play in the match on Sunday. United fans better hope the gamble goes better than the one he took with Pogba in the Carabao Cup.

Can we all agree that Man Utd fans and Liverpool fans moaning about their teams lot in life, deserve the same scorn Ricky Gervais heaped on Hollywood.

Ffs every decision goes your way and you have both won about 20 trophies minimum since I was born. In that time Newcastle have won the Texaco cup, or maybe it was the intertoto cup, it was so trivial I cant even remember. Some nonsense trophy anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

There will always be teams worse off than our own, BFC. That goes for Newcastle supporters too.

Should there be a competition to find the shittest club in existence, with the winners the only supporters who can grumble on the internet?

It's probably leeds over the last 15 years. Or maybe Sunderland. Those poor fuckers have really had stuff to moan about. 

Archived