Football: half-way point

Iskaral Pust

27 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I know his career's gone off the rails a bit but wee Hamish signing for Everton would be a hell of a coup.

I honestly had no idea who you were talking about and had to pollute my search history by looking for Everton transfer rumours, but, yeah, that'd be entertaining at least.

16 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

I honestly had no idea who you were talking about and had to pollute my search history by looking for Everton transfer rumours, but, yeah, that'd be entertaining at least.

Haha sorry about that, shoutout all the way back to the 2014 WC when a few of us got initially confused by suddenly only hearing the correct pronunciation of his name.

BBC website shows liverpool's lead would be 6 points without var decisions. 

I knew a couple of decisions had benefited them, but that's a massive swing. 

Also newcastle would be bottom if actual goals were expected goals. Good old SB, efficient and repulsive in equal measure. 

29 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Also newcastle would be bottom if actual goals were expected goals. Good old SB, efficient and repulsive in equal measure. 

Looking at the BBC article on various xg permutations I'm a little surprised to see Spurs are the most clinical side in the league in terms of converting their own chances and are actually the best side in terms of allowing the fewest big chances per game. Perhaps they aren't as far off being good again as it's felt like this season.

I don't think this Everton squad needs a smallish Scot who has flattered to deceive for six years now. 

Then again, I'm generally wrong when it comes to football, so I'll leave those decisions to people who know marginally more than me.

Talking about footballers, whose career and market value have taken a hit. Dortmund's Weigl off to Benfica.

And while we are talking about Portugese football in a wider sense.

Member football leaks? Spiegel interview with Rui Pinto.

Let's say he does not come across too well, besides the good points he makes.

Archived