US Politics: Nancy's Knock on the Senate Door

Tywin Manderly

13 minutes ago, The Last Storm said:

As a US veteran who comes from a family of service members I don’t think it’s stupid to be happy that we don’t have to respond. If lives were lost I’m not sure if that would be the case.

Then as a vet, you should know that you seriously mischaracterized the Iranian response, that the missiles you implied were duds were actually probably intercepted by surface-to-air missiles rather than failed to explode (e.g. your "ours will actually" explode comment) and that the Iranian response was meant to send a signal that they could have killed or injured hundreds of U.S. troops but refrained from doing so.

5 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Then as a vet, you should know that you seriously mischaracterized the Iranian response, that the missiles you implied were duds were actually probably intercepted by surface-to-air missiles rather than failed to explode (e.g. your "ours will actually" explode comment) and that the Iranian response was meant to send a signal that they could have killed or injured hundreds of U.S. troops but refrained from doing so.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/01/08/reports-of-failed-missiles-satellite-photos-emerge-after-irans-tuesday-attack/amp/

17 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Name recognition, and leftist stance.  Biden has the South and older voters, he was Obama's VP, and Sanders' campaign reached out to the youth vote, which is probabaly left of Sanders.  He's the least worst option, for the young left.  Warren's policies are fine but she's a northeastern Republican turned liberal.  I'm sure black voters would turn out in Hillary Clinton 2016 numbers or better for all three of them.  But Sanders and Biden are ahead because they offer either familiarity and reliability (Biden) or someone who is listening to concerns and offers a new path for the future (Sanders).

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

What Larry said.  Sanders benefits from familiarity as well.

Thanks, that is very helpful for me. Bit disappointing how far familiarity/name recognition alone seems to get you (i do not like Biden as a candidate at all, and i’m lukewarm on Bernie)

7 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Bit disappointing how far familiarity/name recognition alone seems to get you

I think it makes some sense if you approach it from the perspective of it takes a long time for black voters to trust/be comfortable with a candidate.

Archived