Will Cersei Lannister kill Myrcella?

If she finds out that Arianne Martell was planning to crown her. Could Cersei in a attack of rage kill her thinking that Myrcella is the younger and more beautiful queen of Maggy the Frog's prophecy? She had no took well the staments of Tommen that he is the king. And after all she have suffered she could lose her mind easily if she thinks is in danger.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:48 PM, UlisesJV said:

If she finds out that Arianne Martell was planning to crown her. Could Cersei in a attack of rage kill her thinking that Myrcella is the younger and more beautiful queen of Maggy the Frog's prophecy?

No, but Cersei may end killing Myrcella accidentally  thanks to that mad plot to kill Trystane

But the notion that Myrcella may end as the queen of the prophesy has some merit. It is possible that after the death of Tommen, Tyene and Nym with the help of The Faith stage a coup and install Myrcella as queen, at the same time that Arianne finally marries/support Aegon at Storm's End. Both promise Dorne's armies and both ask Doran for support.

Myrcella is already dead, slain by Darkstar's poisoned blade.  Doran has been using Rosamund to maintain the illusion that she is still alive, for just long enough to get certain surprise attacks under way.  But yeah, when Cersei finds out, she is perfectly likely to slay Rosamund in a rage.  Poor Rosamund!

13 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

No, but Cersei may end killing Myrcella accidentally  thanks to that mad plot to kill Trystane

There was no mad plot to kill Trystane.  Doran is about to strike.  Therefore he is lying to the Sand Snakes to get them riled up for his plots of blood vengeance, which are now ripe, and which involve the murder of Lannister children.

We know from Cersei's POV that she had only 2 tasks for Swann, one open and one secret.  The open task was to deliver Gregor's head.  The secret task was to retrieve Myrcella.  In Cersei's POV, there is no third task.  She knows nothing about any plot to slay Trystane, and neither does Balon Swann.  Doran made it up.

You know I thought about this. It was my head canon prediction for a while.

I can see Cersei killing Myrcella on accident in a uncontrollable fit of rage and fear when Myrcella as Queen tries to surrender King's Landing to Aegon. Not only would it endanger Cersei (Myrcella has nothing to fear), but it would make Cersei feel like Myrcella is the YMBQ from Maggy the Frog's prophecy.

Like here's what I think. Tommen will be a casualty in the three-way feud between the Tyrells, Cersei and the High Septon, a feud that will void Tyrell influence in King's Landing. And Myrcella falls to her death when Cersei pushes her.

14 hours ago, Platypus Rex said:

There was no mad plot to kill Trystane.  Doran is about to strike.  Therefore he is lying to the Sand Snakes to get them riled up for his plots of blood vengeance, which are now ripe, and which involve the murder of Lannister children.

We know from Cersei's POV that she had only 2 tasks for Swann, one open and one secret.  The open task was to deliver Gregor's head.  The secret task was to retrieve Myrcella.  In Cersei's POV, there is no third task.  She knows nothing about any plot to slay Trystane, and neither does Balon Swann.  Doran made it up.

You think so? Because the plot to assassinate Trystane in the Kingswood and blame Tyrion sounds like quintessential Cersei.

1 hour ago, BlackLightning said:

You know I thought about this. It was my head canon prediction for a while.

I can see Cersei killing Myrcella on accident in a uncontrollable fit of rage and fear when Myrcella as Queen tries to surrender King's Landing to Aegon. Not only would it endanger Cersei (Myrcella has nothing to fear), but it would make Cersei feel like Myrcella is the YMBQ from Maggy the Frog's prophecy.

Like here's what I think. Tommen will be a casualty in the three-way feud between the Tyrells, Cersei and the High Septon, a feud that will void Tyrell influence in King's Landing. And Myrcella falls to her death when Cersei pushes her.

You think so? Because the plot to assassinate Trystane in the Kingswood and blame Tyrion sounds like quintessential Cersei.

Do you mean actually has nothing to fear, or believes she has nothing to fear? I certainly don’t think she is at all safe, see below

Death, he knew, but slow. I still have time. A year. Two years. Five. Some stone men live for ten. Time enough to cross the sea, to see Griffin's Roost again. To end the Usurper's line for good and all, and put Rhaegar's son upon the Iron Throne. Then Lord Jon Connington could die content.

If you mean she perceives herself to be safe, yeah i could kind of see that. She sees and speaks to Arriane who promises safety if she surrenders. Myrcella trusts her, surrenders, gets whacked by JonCon or some stooge. Arianne is furious

2 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Do you mean actually has nothing to fear, or believes she has nothing to fear? I certainly don’t think she is at all safe

Myrcella believes she has nothing to fear.

2 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

If you mean she perceives herself to be safe, yeah i could kind of see that. She sees and speaks to Arianne who promises safety if she surrenders. Myrcella trusts her, surrenders, gets whacked by JonCon or some stooge. Arianne is furious

I see it more like this:

1. She sees and speaks to Arianne (secretly of course, Myrcella is showing signs of being a lot like Tywin and Tyrion) who promises safety -- and possibly even Casterly Rock -- if she surrenders
  2. Myrcella trusts her and surrenders the city even though her mother would strongly disapprove
  3. Myrcella gets whacked by Cersei on accident who then frantically proceeds to blame it on JonCon or some stooge
  4. Arianne is furious first at Myrcella's death and it being blamed on her/her camp and then upon the revelation that JonCon or some stooge would've gotten rid of her anyways thereby violating her authority

In any case, I don't think JonCon will kill Myrcella. I think he would have her planted at Casterly Rock and married off to someone or other.

I think that Varys is more likely to kill Myrcella or order her to be killed than JonCon.

4 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

.You think so? Because the plot to assassinate Trystane in the Kingswood and blame Tyrion sounds like quintessential Cersei.

Yes, I think so.  But who knows if I'm right.

The plot does not sound like "quintessential Cersei" to me.  Cersei is an evil monster, but at the very least, the murder of children requires an actual motive for her.   It's not something she would just do for yucks.  What is the motive here?  Cersei is the one who complained and objected when Jaime pushed Bran out the window. 

And framing Tyrion seems out of character for someone who truly, genuinely believes that Tyrion murdered her own son, not to mention her own father.  Why would she need to "frame" him for the murder of someone else's child?  It does not make much psychological sense.

20 hours ago, Platypus Rex said:

Yes, I think so.  But who knows if I'm right.

The plot does not sound like "quintessential Cersei" to me.  Cersei is an evil monster, but at the very least, the murder of children requires an actual motive for her.   It's not something she would just do for yucks.  What is the motive here?  Cersei is the one who complained and objected when Jaime pushed Bran out the window. 

And framing Tyrion seems out of character for someone who truly, genuinely believes that Tyrion murdered her own son, not to mention her own father.  Why would she need to "frame" him for the murder of someone else's child?  It does not make much psychological sense.

The motive is simple.

Cersei does not want Myrcella to marry anyone. She didn't want it in A Clash of Kings and she didn't want it in A Dance with Dragons. Tyrion overruled her and it was hard for her to argue or fight against it because House Lannister was in a bad way in A Clash of Kings and House Martell HAD to be placated. When her father returned and Tyrion dispossessed, Lord Tywin seemed to be more concerned with the Stark-Tully kingdom. Seriously. If it didn't have anything to do with Robb Stark, Tywin either ignored the issue (or at least appeared to ignore it) or he was working on a solution very quietly and very slowly. Not only are we talking about the Myrcella engagement but we are talking about Stannis on Dragonstone, the Dornish malcontents, the Ironborn rebels, the wildlings at the Wall, Daenerys in the far east. Seriously, if it didn't involve Robb Stark or the Lannister-Tyrell alliance, it was low on Tywin's list of priorities.

When Cersei came into power after her father and brother were removed from the equation, she too had bigger fish to fry. Even so, she started making plans to get Myrcella out of Dorne.

Speaking of which, if memory serves me correctly, Cersei didn't even want Joffrey to marry or be betrothed to anyone and Joffrey was the Crown Prince.

Besides, Cersei is prejudiced (if not, outright racist) against Dornishmen. And she patently distrusts the Martells (which is the wisest thing Cersei has ever done) because of the bad blood between their houses. That's Cersei's motive. That's all the motive she would need. Sure, ordering Trystane's death and blaming Tyrion is both risky, unwise and unnecessary...but, like I said, this is Cersei we are talking about. Cersei is Cersei; she doesn't make much psychological sense most of the time.

Need I remind you of the whole Stokeworth drama she instigated? Or how about her plan to assassinate Jon Snow by way of the Kettleblacks? The loose end that is Taena Merryweather? It'd be a miracle if Cersei is acquitted of all the charges against her because there are a lot of witnesses and loose ends that can do her in.

3 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

Cersei does not want Myrcella to marry anyone. She didn't want it in A Clash of Kings and she didn't want it in A Dance with Dragons. Tyrion overruled her and it was hard for her to argue or fight against it because House Lannister was in a bad way in A Clash of Kings and House Martell HAD to be placated. 

Cersei's objection was less about not wanting her to marry, and more about not wanting her to die.  "They hate us", was the objection she voiced to Tyrion.  She was right.  By sending Myrcella to Dorne, Tyrion was sending her to her death.  And now (per the theory) she is dead.  Cersei has sent Swann to retrieve her daughter, but she is too late.  The blood oranges are ripe, and they are going SPLATT.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering Myrcella's death I believe:

• Doran or the Sand Snakes will kill her before reaching King's Landing. Myrcella will suffer the same fate Trystane was supposed to have. 
  • Myrcella will be crowned queen after the Sand Snakes kill Tommen. Cersei will cause her death not literally but with her actions. That means either she will clash with Myrcella about how she rules, break her emotionally and drive her to suicide or accidentally kill her when they escape King's Landing after fAegon's win. 

On 1/25/2020 at 1:59 PM, Endymion I Targaryen said:

• Doran or the Sand Snakes will kill her before reaching King's Landing. Myrcella will suffer the same fate Trystane was supposed to have. 
  • Myrcella will be crowned queen after the Sand Snakes kill Tommen. Cersei will cause her death not literally but with her actions. That means either she will clash with Myrcella about how she rules, break her emotionally and drive her to suicide or accidentally kill her when they escape King's Landing after fAegon's win. 

How can Cersei kill her (directly or indirectly) for how she rules if Doran or the Sand Snakes kill her before she reaches King's Landing?

On 1/25/2020 at 1:59 PM, Endymion I Targaryen said:

I would get on board with both ideas IF weren't for the fact that the Valonqar prophecy didn't heavily imply that Myrcella would be a queen before her death.

I don't think Tommen will die at the hands of the Sand Snakes. If the Sand Snakes are responsible for Tommen's death, then they won't be responsible for the death of Myrcella. I think the murderers and accessories to the deaths of Cersei's children will all be different. But I can see these outcomes:

• Sand Snakes killing Myrcella AFTER she becomes Lady of the Seven Kingdoms so as to make way for Arianne and Aegon.
  • Varys killing Myrcella AFTER she becomes Lady of the Seven Kingdoms so as to make way for Arianne and Aegon.
  • Cersei directly killing her (either on accident or in a fit of rage) or being the direct cause of her death

Archived