2019 Year In Review: Entertainment Edition

PetyrPunkinhead

I'm no Sean Evans, so if there's some repetitiveness here, please forgive me. Of course feel free to skip any question you'd like and/or replace it with a different one on your survey you'd like to answer. So Twenty questions about your year in entertainment.

1. What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019?
  2. Favorite musical artist of 2019?
  3. What song did you hit “repeat” on the most in 2019?
  4. Favorite book and/or comic you read in 2019?
  5. Favorite hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019?
  6. Favorite half-hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019?
  7. Favorite hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019?
  8. Favorite half-hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019?
  9. Favorite animated series of 2019?
  10. Favorite animated film of 2019?
  11. Favorite documentary (film or series) of 2019?
  12. Favorite comedy film of 2019?
  13. Favorite action and/or sci-fi film of 2019?
  14. Favorite drama and/or romance film of 2019?
  15. Favorite video game of 2019?
  16. Favorite YouTube channel and/or website in 2019?
  17. What’s your favorite/most used app on your smartphone in 2019?
  18. Who is the one entertainer that died in 2019 you’d bring back? (There can be only one!)
  19. What was your 2019 like as depicted in emojis or a single .gif?
  20. What entertainment experience (concert, film, TV show, game, etc.) are you most looking forward to in 2020?

What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019? HorrorHound

Favorite musical artist of 2019?

What song did you hit “repeat” on the most in 2019?

Favorite book and/or comic you read in 2019? A Little Hatred - Joe Abercrombie, House of X - Jonathan Hickman 

Favorite hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? Dark - season 2

Favorite half-hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

Favorite hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? The Deuce 

Favorite half-hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia 

Favorite animated series of 2019?

Favorite animated film of 2019?

Favorite documentary (film or series) of 2019? Leaving Neverland 

Favorite comedy film of 2019? Once Upon A Time in Hollywood 

Favorite action and/or sci-fi film of 2019? John Wick 3

Favorite drama and/or romance film of 2019? The Irishman 

Favorite video game of 2019?

Favorite YouTube channel and/or website in 2019? Chris Stuckmann 

What’s your favorite/most used app on your smartphone in 2019?

Who is the one entertainer that died in 2019 you’d bring back? (There can be only one!) Bob Einstein 

What was your 2019 like as depicted in emojis or a single .gif?

What entertainment experience (concert, film, TV show, game, etc.) are you most looking forward to in 2020? The Last of Us 2

1. What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019? InMusic Festival in Zagreb (ft. The Cure, Foals, Johnny Marr, LP, Zeal & Ardor,  Siddharta...)
  2. Favorite musical artist of 2019? Haelos
  3. What song did you hit “repeat” on the most in 2019? "Alone", Haelos (it's a 2015 song, but I first heard it in an episode of The 100 season 6, and discovered the band that way)
  4. Favorite book and/or comic you read in 2019? Watchmen (yep, 30+ years old, but I first read it this December)
  5. Favorite hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? Dark (binged watched both seasons)
  6. Favorite half-hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? Barry (same, both seasons)
  7. Favorite hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? The 100
  8. Favorite half-hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? The Good Place
  9. Favorite animated series of 2019? BoJack Horseman
  10. Favorite animated film of 2019? didn't see any
  11. Favorite documentary (film or series) of 2019? #Female Pleasure
  12. Favorite comedy film of 2019? Can I count Parasite as a comedy? It's not really one, but it certainly has comedy elements. comedy/drama/thriller. Otherwise, I got nothing.
  13. Favorite action and/or sci-fi film of 2019? Bacurau
  14. Favorite drama and/or romance film of 2019? Diary of Diana B. (Dnevnik Diane Budisavljevic( or If Beale Street Could Talk
  15. Favorite video game of 2019? I don't play video games
  16. Favorite YouTube channel and/or website in 2019? Lindsay Ellis
  17. What’s your favorite/most used app on your smartphone in 2019? Viber
  18. Who is the one entertainer that died in 2019 you’d bring back? (There can be only one!) Rene Auberjonois
  19. What was your 2019 like as depicted in emojis or a single .gif? -_-
  20. What entertainment experience (concert, film, TV show, game, etc.) are you most looking forward to in 2020? Final seasons of The 100, Dark, Agents of SHIELD and The Good Place

2 hours ago, Annara Snow said:
  1. What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019? InMusic Festival in Zagreb (ft. The Cure, Foals, Johnny Marr, LP, Zeal & Ardor,  Siddharta...)

That sounds really good! Did you actually go see it live or just the live footage?

1. What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019? N/A
  2. Favorite musical artist of 2019? I assume this covers bands too. In which case, Foals
  3. What song did you hit “repeat” on the most in 2019? The Runner, Foals
  4. Favorite book and/or comic you read in 2019? A Little Hatred, Joe Abercrombie and The Secret Commonwealth, Philip Pullman
  5. Favorite hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? The Expanse. I find it harder and harder to binge watch hour long shows these days but that was no hardship at all
  6. Favorite half-hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? Grace and Frankie
  7. Favorite hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? His Dark Materials
  8. Favorite half-hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? Crazy Ex-Girlfriend season 4b
  9. Favorite animated series of 2019? N/a
  10. Favorite animated film of 2019? Frozen 2
  11. Favorite documentary (film or series) of 2019? N/a
  12. Favorite comedy film of 2019? The Favourite (it was 2019 release here). And Rocketman, which isnt a comedy but doesnt fit in any other category you listed either
  13. Favorite action and/or sci-fi film of 2019?n/a
  14. Favorite drama and/or romance film of 2019? Marriage Story
  15. Favorite video game of 2019? N/A
  18. Who is the one entertainer that died in 2019 you’d bring back? (There can be only one!)
  20. What entertainment experience (concert, film, TV show, game, etc.) are you most looking forward to in 2020? 2020 olympics and new albums from...well there are too many to list them all, but Foo Fighters, Royal Blood and The Killers as a sample

14 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

That sounds really good! Did you actually go see it live or just the live footage?

It's the favorite out of those I went to. I live in Belgrade, so Zagreb is not far.

The Hives, Garbage and Thievery Corporation were also there, but I missed The Hives because they played relatively early, I heard Garbage but didn't see them (!) because I was trying to get to the festival area (which is on a small river island that's difficult to approach, so sometimes you have to walk all around). And I did see TC, but they didn't impress me this time, their concert I attended a few years ago was better.

1. What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019?  ...Ya know, I don't think I went to a single one of what you mentioned.  Way to make me feel bad about my life!  Does my sister's wedding count?
  2. Favorite musical artist of 2019?
  3. What song did you hit “repeat” on the most in 2019?
  4. Favorite book and/or comic you read in 2019?  I guess Walking Dead by default (didn't read any other comic or non-poly sci book)
  5. Favorite hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019?  The Crown
  6. Favorite half-hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019?  Always Sunny
  7. Favorite hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019?  Watchmen
  8. Favorite half-hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019?  Drunk History
  12. Favorite comedy film of 2019?  Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
  13. Favorite action and/or sci-fi film of 2019?  Endgame
  14. Favorite drama and/or romance film of 2019?  Little Women
  16. Favorite YouTube channel and/or website in 2019?  This one!
  18. Who is the one entertainer that died in 2019 you’d bring back? (There can be only one!)  Robert Hunter
  20. What entertainment experience (concert, film, TV show, game, etc.) are you most looking forward to in 2020?  Penny Dreadful: City of Angels; Westworld Season 3; Better Call Saul Season 5; Tenet; Eternals; the Gerrit Cole-led Yankees; the Niners playoff run (and, hell, next season).  Also figure I'll finally get sick of my brother's pestering and finally watch Dark sometime this year.

Thanks for that last question, made me realize I'm looking forward to a lot more than I thought (although scrolling through the film releases looks like a pretty weak year).

1. What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019? Tool concert. Probably the best performance I’ve ever seen by them.
  2. Favorite musical artist of 2019? Tool, duh
  3. What song did you hit “repeat” on the most in 2019? Suspirium- Thom Yorke
  5. Favorite hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? The Boys
  6. Favorite half-hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? Veep
  7. Favorite hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? Chernobyl
  8. Favorite half-hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? What We Do In the Shadows
  9. Favorite animated series of 2019? Big Mouth
  12. Favorite comedy film of 2019? Booksmart
  13. Favorite action and/or sci-fi film of 2019? Avengers: Endgame
  14. Favorite drama and/or romance film of 2019? Parasite
  15. Favorite video game of 2019? Sekiro
  18. Who is the one entertainer that died in 2019 you’d bring back? (There can be only one!) Peter Mayhew
  20. What entertainment experience (concert, film, TV show, game, etc.) are you most looking forward to in 2020? Westworld S3, Fargo S4, The Boys S2, Curb, Tenet, Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima... and as @DMC pointed out, the Yankees return to prominence.

What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019?

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard live

Favorite musical artist of 2019?

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - After seeing them live I really got into their back catalog

What song did you hit “repeat” on the most in 2019?

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - "Plastic Boogie"

Are you sensing a trend here?

Favorite book and/or comic you read in 2019?

A Little Hatred - Joe Abercrombie

Favorite hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019?

The Boys Season 1

Favorite half-hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019?

Fleabag Season 1 (not 2019 but I watched it this year)

Favorite hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019?

Watchmen

Favorite half-hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019?

Last Week Tonight

Favorite animated series of 2019?

Bojack Horseman - The latest season, 5 I think it is?

Favorite animated film of 2019?

N/A

Favorite documentary (film or series) of 2019?

N/A

Favorite comedy film of 2019?

N/A

Favorite action and/or sci-fi film of 2019?

Avengers: Endgame or John Wick: Parabellum

Favorite drama and/or romance film of 2019?

N/A

Favorite video game of 2019?

Disco Elysium

Favorite YouTube channel and/or website in 2019?

Youtube Channel - Hbomberguy

Website - Uh, this one

What’s your favorite/most used app on your smartphone in 2019?

Google Play

Who is the one entertainer that died in 2019 you’d bring back? (There can be only one!)

N/A

What was your 2019 like as depicted in emojis or a single .gif?

N/A

What entertainment experience (concert, film, TV show, game, etc.) are you most looking forward to in 2020?

Concert - N/A, only got one planned so it's the default but I kinda bought those tickets on a lark so not exactly super, super excited about it

Film - Dune (assuming it comes out this year)

TV Show - Wheel of Time (again assuming it comes out this year)

Game - Cyberpunk 2077

On 1/4/2020 at 2:00 AM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I'm no Sean Evans, so if there's some repetitiveness here, please forgive me. Of course feel free to skip any question you'd like and/or replace it with a different one on your survey you'd like to answer. So Twenty questions about your year in entertainment.

1. What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019? Podcast recording of an episode of How Did This Get Made
  2. Favorite musical artist of 2019? Within Temptation
  3. What song did you hit “repeat” on the most in 2019? I Am Mine- Pearl Jam (same as most years)
  4. Favorite book and/or comic you read in 2019? Red Sister- Mark Lawrence 
  5. Favorite hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? Money Heist
  6. Favorite half-hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? N/A
  7. Favorite hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? N/A
  8. Favorite half-hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? N/A
  9. Favorite animated series of 2019? Kill La Kill
  10. Favorite animated film of 2019? N/A
  11. Favorite documentary (film or series) of 2019? N/A
  12. Favorite comedy film of 2019? Knives Out
  13. Favorite action and/or sci-fi film of 2019? John Wick Chapter 3
  14. Favorite drama and/or romance film of 2019? Parasite (though I'd accept calling this a comedy instead)
  15. Favorite video game of 2019? Control
  16. Favorite YouTube channel and/or website in 2019? Giant Bomb
  17. What’s your favorite/most used app on your smartphone in 2019? reddit
  18. Who is the one entertainer that died in 2019 you’d bring back? (There can be only one!) Paul Darrow
  19. What was your 2019 like as depicted in emojis or a single .gif? N/A
  20. What entertainment experience (concert, film, TV show, game, etc.) are you most looking forward to in 2020? Cyberpunk 2077

What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019? Tie between Animecon and bungeejumping

Favorite musical artist of 2019? None

What song did you hit “repeat” on the most in 2019? Mad Love

Favorite book and/or comic you read in 2019? House of X

Favorite hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? None

Favorite half-hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? Bojack Horseman

Favorite hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? None

Favorite half-hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? Harley Quinn

Favorite animated series of 2019? Harley Quinn

Favorite animated film of 2019? None

Favorite documentary (film or series) of 2019? None

Favorite comedy film of 2019? None

Favorite action and/or sci-fi film of 2019? John Wick 3 I guess

Favorite drama and/or romance film of 2019? None

Favorite video game of 2019? Devil May Cry V

Favorite YouTube channel and/or website in 2019? None

What’s your favorite/most used app on your smartphone in 2019? Whatsapp

Who is the one entertainer that died in 2019 you’d bring back? (There can be only one!) None

What was your 2019 like as depicted in emojis or a single .gif? Are you kidding me?

What entertainment experience (concert, film, TV show, game, etc.) are you most looking forward to in 2020? Cyberpunk 2077

1. What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019?  Poison concert, went with friend and I was smashed. Also, Michigan vs MAryland football game, four of us did a weekend road trip to Wash DC for it.
  2. Favorite musical artist of 2019?  Badflower
  3. What song did you hit “repeat” on the most in 2019? Ghost
  5. Favorite hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019?  Stranger Things / The Boys
  6. Favorite half-hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019?  Fleabag
  7. Favorite hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019?  GOT
  8. Favorite half-hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019?  Big bang Theory
  12. Favorite comedy film of 2019?  I guess Good boys?
  13. Favorite action and/or sci-fi film of 2019?  Action John Wick 3, Sci Fi Avengers 
  14. Favorite drama and/or romance film of 2019?  Drama, Joker and romance, Joker! Hey it had a love story in it!
  16. Favorite YouTube channel and/or website in 2019? Hots Ones and GMM
  17. What’s your favorite/most used app on your smartphone in 2019? sadly FB
  19. What was your 2019 like as depicted in emojis or a single .gif?  poop emoji. End of the year has sucked balls, plant announced it's closing and my truck got stolen!
  20. What entertainment experience (concert, film, TV show, game, etc.) are you most looking forward to in 2020?   Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison concert.  Maybe the Sonic music festival, haven't decided to go yet. Dallas Cowboys with a new coach. 

What was your favorite live event (concert, sporting event, play, festival, convention, etc.) you attended in 2019? Dublin Worldcon

Favorite musical artist of 2019? Within Temptation

What song did you hit “repeat” on the most in 2019? My Amazon Music app compiled my top 94, and based on that it's Flesh and Bone by Black Math

Favorite book and/or comic you read in 2019? A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie

Favorite hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? The Expanse season 4

Favorite half-hour long TV show you binge watched in 2019? Cobra Kai season 2

Favorite hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? (quickly checks the ranking list) The Mandalorian season 1

Favorite half-hour long TV show you watched week to week in 2019? The Mandalorian season 1 :P

Favorite animated series of 2019? Does Dark Crystal count?

Favorite animated film of 2019? N/A

Favorite documentary (film or series) of 2019? N/A

Favorite comedy film of 2019? Zombieland: Double Tap

Favorite action and/or sci-fi film of 2019? Avengers Endgame

Favorite drama and/or romance film of 2019? Ford vs Ferrari (It should be 1917, but it hasn't come to my area yet):tantrum:

Favorite video game of 2019? Total War: Three Kingdoms (honestly, don't think I've played any other new title)

Favorite YouTube channel and/or website in 2019? OzzyMan Reviews youtube channel; this website

What’s your favorite/most used app on your smartphone in 2019? favorite: Star Chart most used: YouTube 

Who is the one entertainer that died in 2019 you’d bring back? (There can be only one!) can't think of one 

What was your 2019 like as depicted in emojis or a single .gif? mostly tired

What entertainment experience (concert, film, TV show, game, etc.) are you most looking forward to in 2020?

Movie: Dune, new TV show: The Wheel of Time, Sports: Euro 2020, Video Game: Mount&Blade 2, Book: final Expanse novel

38 minutes ago, dbunting said:

What was your 2019 like as depicted in emojis or a single .gif?  poop emoji. End of the year has sucked balls, plant announced it's closing and my truck got stolen!

I'm really sorry about all this. Out of curiosity, is the plant in question that steel mill that announced it was closing a few weeks ago?

2 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

Is The Wheel of Time being released this year, though?

I hope so. They started filming in September, so barring delays, I'd think they could release by the end of this year. And LOTR series is coming sometime in '21-'22.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

@Corvinus Incredibles 2 was 2018 (I was going to list it too, where does the time go?!) i’m assuming based on your list you are sticking to things released 2019? If not and you’ve gone the things you first saw in 2019, please ignore!

Indeed, where does it go? I've updated the category with a N/A. Thanks for the notice. I guess the only animated movie of this year I watched was the last How To Train Your Dragon, and it was ok.

26 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Indeed, where does it go? I've updated the category with a N/A. Thanks for the notice. I guess the only animated movie of this year I watched was the last How To Train Your Dragon, and it was ok.

Toy Story 4 for me, which i liked but didnt think was great. Not into Frozen so didn’t watch the second one but based on the trailer the animation in that was absolutely phenomenal

Archived