Favorite characters

Nagini's Neville

Within the main storyline:

1. Ned Stark - What isn't there to like? Ah yes his political instincts, but do we really like that in people?
  2. Robb Stark - the young leader crowned by his bannermen and on a mission to save his sisters and avenge his father.
  3. Robert Baratheon - More of who he was than who he became. He has a lot of flaws but he I think he is good natured.
  4. Jaime - Misunderstood, very human with plenty of mistakes, redemption arc.
  5. Tywin - favorite villain.
  6. Jon Snow - a blend of various Starks...
  7. Varys - Second favorite "villain"
  8. Stannis - For all of his flaws and positives.
  9. Davos
  10. Blackfish

6 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

okay, weird foreigner question, but why his nickname Dunk with a k, when his full name is Duncan with a c?

I shouldn’t answer, just to make you go read the novellas NOW. But I will, just this once! :P

Spoiler

“No," said the boy. "What's your name?"

"Dunk," he said.

The wretched boy laughed aloud, as if that was the funniest thing he'd ever heard. "Dunk?" he said. "Ser Dunk? That's no name for a knight. Is it short for Duncan?"

Was it? The old man had called him just Dunk for as long as he could recall, and he did not remember much of his life before. "Duncan, yes," he said. "Ser Duncan of . . ." Dunk had no other name, nor any house; Ser Arlan had found him living wild in the stews and alleys of Flea Bottom. He had never known his father or mother. What was he to say? "Ser Duncan of Flea Bottom" did not sound very knightly. He could take Pennytree, but what if they asked him where it was? Dunk had never been to Pennytree, nor had the old man talked much about it. He frowned for a moment, and then blurted out, "Ser Duncan the Tall." He was tall, no one could dispute that, and it sounded puissant.”

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I shouldn’t answer, just to make you go read the novellas NOW. But I will, just this once! :P

Hide contents

“No," said the boy. "What's your name?"

"Dunk," he said.

The wretched boy laughed aloud, as if that was the funniest thing he'd ever heard. "Dunk?" he said. "Ser Dunk? That's no name for a knight. Is it short for Duncan?"

Was it? The old man had called him just Dunk for as long as he could recall, and he did not remember much of his life before. "Duncan, yes," he said. "Ser Duncan of . . ." Dunk had no other name, nor any house; Ser Arlan had found him living wild in the stews and alleys of Flea Bottom. He had never known his father or mother. What was he to say? "Ser Duncan of Flea Bottom" did not sound very knightly. He could take Pennytree, but what if they asked him where it was? Dunk had never been to Pennytree, nor had the old man talked much about it. He frowned for a moment, and then blurted out, "Ser Duncan the Tall." He was tall, no one could dispute that, and it sounded puissant.”

haha I knew you couldn't resist :D Thank you! I'll read them soon, soon -I promise 

I like characters who use their minds to get things done.  Smart, brave, beautiful, are qualities my number one character possess. Daenerys Targaryen.  She learned from Sun Tzu's The Art of War. I don't find the typical sword-swinger interesting although Barristan Selmy is a special case because he has other valuable experience outside of the KG.  He gave the best speech ever during the prelude to the Battle of Meereen.  Skahaz and Reznak are very intriguing on their own.  They turned their backs on a one thousand year culture in order to embrace change and help our young hero fight the slave trade.

1. Daenerys Targaryen
  2. Varys
  3. Barristan Selmy
  4. Archmaester Marwyn
  5. Visenya Targaryen
  6. Missandei of Naath
  7. Skahaz mo Kandaq
  8. Maester Aemon Targaryen
  9. Samwell Tarly
  10. Ellaria Sand

Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal would make the top five if non-humans are included.  

2 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I was sort of trolling. Since L<3R taught me all about it, it's my new favorite hobby.

Lol. Be careful

But please what's funny about brother and sister on spikes? 

Tyrion pictured how his sister's head might look up there, with tar in her golden hair and flies buzzing in and out of her mouth. Yes, and Jaime must have the spike beside her, he decided. No one must ever come between my brother and my sister.

Yes. Its a very definite word. Especially for something so dark and morbid. And then the ending of the quote. Like, they want to end the world together in all their weird twincest thing, Tyrion seems to agree.

The imp is just being hateful

As hateful as possible. But he still makes light of it. Treats it like most things, as a joke. Despite the horror of the life of Tyrion Lannister, he still sees the humor

"Might be all I want is to see you pay for crimes. The kinslayer is accursed in the eyes of gods and men."

"The gods are blind. And men see only what they wish."

"I see you plain enough, Imp." Something dark had crept into the knight's tone. "I have done things I am not proud of, things that brought shame onto my House and my father's name ... but to kill your own sire? How could any man do that?"

"Give me a crossbow and pull down your breeches, and I'll show you." Gladly.

"You think this is a jape?"

"I think life is a jape. Yours, mine, everyone's."

Hm, okay. Doesn't make me like him more LOL

Yea thats cool

haha you sound like Sansa there.

Lol

No doubt Jorah has helped Dany a lot. What I fear is, that his creepy obsession with her might aid her downfall. Since he might keep information to himself or alter it (especially about the 7 kingdoms), that would be of vital importance to her.

I doubt that. That sounds like treason 101, which I dont think Jorah wants to do again. 

. He might do the same to keep being important to her. You can see the signs for that already

IMO her staying close to him/ being depended on him is a bigger priority to him than her success and her goals, don't think he is necessarily aware of that though.

Yea I could totally see something like that. Protecting Dany I think is his priority but in actuality a kg priority should be protecting Dany so she can rule, not just survive.

But his jealousy towards every other man, that is somehow involved with Dany might be a major thread to her rule.

Yea, maybe.

3 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Their marriage wasn't very successful :D So I'd have to disagree

Whos is?

Disagree with what, that you gotta marry someone? Well lol yea sure. You know, if you wanna be happy.

But marriage isnt just for unhappiness, its great for cementing alliances and forgiving the past transgressions of their family. Plus, they seem to be headed to great things, perhaps theyll need an ally down the line. Even if their marriage never turns romantic it could remain political.

Though, I dont see why they can not find love in each other.

2 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Whos is?

Disagree with what, that you gotta marry someone? Well lol yea sure. You know, if you wanna be happy.

But marriage isnt just for unhappiness, its great for cementing alliances and forgiving the past transgressions of their family. Plus, they seem to be headed to great things, perhaps theyll need an ally down the line. Even if their marriage never turns romantic it could remain political.

Though, I dont see why they can not find love in each other.

Oh no!! stupid me, why did I open that can of worms. Maybe we should start another thread for that, because I have a lot of reasons, why I don't think they could find love in each other. And I disagree with GRRM shipping it, just because he let them be married.

2 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Oh no!! stupid me, why did I open that can of worms. Maybe we should start another thread for that, because I have a lot of reasons, why I don't think they could find love in each other. And I disagree with GRRM shipping it, just because he let them be married.

Ill show up for that thread. 

5 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Tyrion pictured how his sister's head might look up there, with tar in her golden hair and flies buzzing in and out of her mouth. Yes, and Jaime must have the spike beside her, he decided. No one must ever come between my brother and my sister.

Yes. Its a very definite word. Especially for something so dark and morbid. And then the ending of the quote. Like, they want to end the world together in all their weird twincest thing, Tyrion seems to agree.

I bet he does.

I feel like we shouldn't start a Tyrion argument, since he is you favorite. It could easily end in a :fencing:LOL

But yep, he is very funny of course :)  Tyrion is even more infuriating to me, because there is so much potential there and a lot to love about him.

I doubt that. That sounds like treason 101, which I dont think Jorah wants to do again.

I also think he would do it in a more subconscious way, when he fears to lose her. It won't be an outright conscious betrayal. A "a-lot-of- bad-circumstances-coming-together" sort of thing.

Similar maybe to when Sansa told Cersei about them leaving

4 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Totally. If your fun, or god forbid funny, then I'm much more inclined to like you. In fiction or real life

Me too! I'm a sucker for humor I guess. Must be why I like you, you crack me up! 

3 hours ago, redriver said:

Mance 1-10.

No one else is casually strumming a lute on the Bolton's dais.If you don't think that's cool you haven't really been paying attention.

Damn it I forgot Mance! I wanna redo. It's hard to pick only 10. 

1 hour ago, Hugorfonics said:

But marriage isnt just for unhappiness, its great for cementing alliances and forgiving the past transgressions of their family. Plus, they seem to be headed to great things, perhaps theyll need an ally down the line. Even if their marriage never turns romantic it could remain political

:lmao:

1 minute ago, Hugorfonics said:

Ill show up for that thread. 

Oh no lol I feel like it has been discussed already a lot, hasn't it?

My main problem is: He married her against her will and sexually assaulted her. There was also no connection made at all.

Tyrion really had the chance to make that happen (the connection). He was the man, the adult, the one with all the power, it was his family, that murdered hers not the other way around. he should have been patient and kind, be a friend to her and give her a lot of time, make her feel save and be interested in her as a person. It would have taken a lot a lot a lot of time and he should have known that and given it to her. Instead he molested her, when he knew all of this would be cruel to her, when he himself called her a child. He put his own "fear" and discomfort on the same level as hers, which is just blatantly the wrong thing to do. He makes it all about himself or at least not nearly enough about her as he should have given her situation. And IMO Tyrion is also just unable to love a woman/girl and unable to empathize with a woman on a deeper level.

and then there is also this:

"All she felt was pity, and pity was death to desire."

“And if I never want you to, my lord?”

Also Tyrion probably has a lot of STDs.

But you know what, if Sansa suddenly starts to think about Tyrion constantly and falls in love with him and he seriously starts to change and gets at least back to ACOK Tyrion and treats her well ( and also he should apologize for what he did, which I don't see him doing) I'll guess I support it, why not, if it's what she wants.

I just can't see that happening. In my opinion GRRM has written zero chemistry between them. You'd think he put a little bit of foreshadowing in there, since he likes it so much :) 

Solely politically yeah maybe, if she and her family could get over the part, where his family murdered hers. If not I don't see Sansa siding with Tyrion over Arya and Jon.

Archived