Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nagini's Neville

Favorite characters

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I also have a soft spot for Kraznys Mo Nakloz, and Rorge.

Eww, dude! Rorge?!? No. Just say no to that!

I really enjoy all the pov characters. Some of them I didn't like so much, but they've grown on me, some I just love even more than I did before, some I shake my head at and sigh. 

I tend to like most of the characters anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Seconded. To go meet some who are already there, like Vargo Hoat, Tywin, Lorch, and w/ a few others to keep him company on his way. :D

ETA: Lorch is dead already, right?

 

Fed to a bear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Eww, dude! Rorge?!? No. Just say no to that!

I really enjoy all the pov characters. Some of them I didn't like so much, but they've grown on me, some I just love even more than I did before, some I shake my head at and sigh. 

I tend to like most of the characters anyway.

Thank you! You are someone, who's opinion to look out for then ( in my opinion at least :D)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Sansa - Can't help but to root for her, can't wait for the she wolf, i want Winterfell to go Rickon tho.

2. Eddard - He's all that.

3. Davos. - He's all that and some more.

4. Cat - Simply love her, she's brave, smart, cunning and a great mom, sure she had mistakes but so des everyone.

5. Rickon - This i admit is odd, but he's a baby and a savage one, i want him to live and i hate the idea that he has to die so others, ie Jon or/and Sansa take his place.

6. Myrce - Joffrey: Don't be childish.
                 Myrcella: We're children. We're supposed to be childish.

7. Robert - I simply have a soft spot for the bragging sot.

8. Aegon 3 - Read F&B i only want to hug him and say that everything would allright, he would probablyjust reject me tho.

9. Rhaena Targ.

10. Androw Farman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Daenerys is my favorite of all the characters.  Her story is what makes the books compelling for me.  The story of an exiled princess, the heir to a kingdom, who through strength and intellect is slowly building a new empire.  
  2. Varys is a man of ideology.  I may not agree with all that he does but he is the representation of all that is political.
  3. Barristan is the old hero whose job is not yet done.  He's like the Obi Wan and Yoda combination.
  4. Jorah is the extreme romantic who threw away his honor to please Lynesse.  He has finally found redemption in the service of a cause much greater than himself.
  5. Aemon is the scholar who spent time in the field instead of nerding away in the library.  
  6. Tyrion is a complex soul, very flawed, weak in character but with a decent heart.
  7. Brienne is a one-dimensional character, not very smart, but her single-mindedness can make her interesting at times.
  8. Daario the show off, braggart, guy with the swagger.  He's all testosterone. 
  9. Missandei is a mystery girl.  Those golden eyes could mean she has emphatic abilities and more.  Loyal serving girl to Queen Daenerys but also a friend.
  10. Doran is the schemer who gives new meaning to the phrase "paralysis due to over analysis."  His obsession with revenge make him a terrible person but he hates the Lannisters and that makes him ok for now.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, frenin said:

Robert - I simply have a soft spot for the bragging sot.

I also like Robert when he was young and as a warrior he should have been exceptional, I just think he should have hammered Rhaegar a little more hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, frenin said:

1. Sansa - Can't help but to root for her, can't wait for the she wolf, i want Winterfell to go Rickon tho.

2. Eddard - He's all that.

3. Davos. - He's all that and some more.

4. Cat - Simply love her, she's brave, smart, cunning and a great mom, sure she had mistakes but so des everyone.

5. Rickon - This i admit is odd, but he's a baby and a savage one, i want him to live and i hate the idea that he has to die so others, ie Jon or/and Sansa take his place.

6. Myrce - Joffrey: Don't be childish.
                 Myrcella: We're children. We're supposed to be childish.

7. Robert - I simply have a soft spot for the bragging sot.

8. Aegon 3 - Read F&B i only want to hug him and say that everything would allright, he would probablyjust reject me tho.

9. Rhaena Targ.

10. Androw Farman.

Wow, who would have thought we have such a similar taste in characters. seems like we disagree a lot haha

I haven't read F&B yet and don't really like Bobby, but other than that I like all of them :) 

Sansa is my favorite too. And weirdly enough I also don't care, if she gets WF or not, maybe because she doesn't seem to be very power hungry herself up until now. Of course I want WF to return to the Starks. So if no one else can take it, it should be Sansa. But if Rickon has to die for her to have it- hell no! lol

If Rickon dies, I'll go crazy I swear it.LOL He is not among my favorites, because we don't see that much of him, but yeah love him too and he must survive at all cost.

Perfect way to describe Ned and Davi!

And love Cat too, she is so realistic IMO and when do we ever have a good "mother character" in fiction-almost never. Women still are people even after they have children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

What really surprises me is all the love for Jorah. Especially by all of the Dany fans, because I think he could play/could have already played a major role in her downfall. And yeah he's a major creep

Right? I have given up on trying to understand it. Jorah is a creepy stalker. Yikes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First three are easy.

1. Imp. Funniest and darkest out. One who can change decades of rebellious planning with a flick of his cyvesse wrist. Adding ptsd to our dwarf was just icing on a perfect cake

2. Ramsay. Woah. And I thought Septa Mordane was a bad guy. Hes clever and ambitious, the man started with nothing and now signs his name as the trueborn heir of Winterfell. A selfmade man. Plus, I dont think ive ever felt frightened from reading a book before. Obviously, when it comes to villainy, there is only one Snow.

3. Sansa. Main character of this game. Why did the chicken cross the rode? Sansa. But it's not just that the universe treats her as a YuGiOh card, its also her humor, her morality, and mostly her seemingly lack of ambition. But mainly its because of her duty to reinstate the glory of Stark

4. Arya. Now shes fun. Funny too, though not intentional. But what Arya has that other characters dont posses is her bravery. Fear cuts deeper then swords; Words to live by.

5. Cersei. Spell Thrones without Cersei? Ya cant. For all extensive purposes she is the game. Oh, and shes funny

6. Dany. She actively knows the difference between right and wrong. Her battle schemes are legendary and her companions are nothing short of heroes. 

7. Euron. Ok back to fun. The things he says, wow. He knows way too damn much for a typical Westerosi, but what else to expect from a man who claimed to sail to Valaryia? Hes got it all, magic, power, kinslaying, all, well except two eyes. Although maybe hes got a third one

8. Catelyn. Shes... less fun. Or she was. Very depressing, watching her whole world crumble until Frey gave her the gift of mercy. But Beric had other plans, no mercy for Cat. Holy fuck, am I enthralled with Stoneheart. Time to bring out the rope like a marionette. But I refuse to believe shes the monster the fandom portrays her as, somewhere in there is our gentle Catelyn, but until then, marionette em.

9. Darrio. Hes a lot of fun. A very colorful life, one that he has no regret living. And what a romantic! Love at first sight, and ready to change his life for her. And when his friends disagreed, he got rid of them lol. Romantic. He doesn't care that hes lowborn scum, as long as he can wake up to his love every morning.

10. Stannis. Hes funny. A shaky sense of morality, sure, but that comes with the crown. He also has a shaky sense on his mortality, I like that, hes in it to win it. I also like that his (usual) promotions come from merit not right of birth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

First three are easy.

1. Imp. Funniest and darkest out. One who can change decades of rebellious planning with a flick of his cyvesse wrist. Adding ptsd to our dwarf was just icing on a perfect cake

2. Ramsay. Woah. And I thought Septa Mordane was a bad guy. Hes clever and ambitious, the man started with nothing and now signs his name as the trueborn heir of Winterfell. A selfmade man. Plus, I dont think ive ever felt frightened from reading a book before. Obviously, when it comes to villainy, there is only one Snow.

3. Sansa. Main character of this game. Why did the chicken cross the rode? Sansa. But it's not just that the universe treats her as a YuGiOh card, its also her humor, her morality, and mostly her seemingly lack of ambition. But mainly its because of her duty to reinstate the glory of Stark

4. Arya. Now shes fun. Funny too, though not intentional. But what Arya has that other characters dont posses is her bravery. Fear cuts deeper then swords; Words to live by.

5. Cersei. Spell Thrones without Cersei? Ya cant. For all extensive purposes she is the game. Oh, and shes funny

6. Dany. She actively knows the difference between right and wrong. Her battle schemes are legendary and her companions are nothing short of heroes. 

7. Euron. Ok back to fun. The things he says, wow. He knows way too damn much for a typical Westerosi, but what else to expect from a man who claimed to sail to Valaryia? Hes got it all, magic, power, kinslaying, all, well except two eyes. Although maybe hes got a third one

8. Catelyn. Shes... less fun. Or she was. Very depressing, watching her whole world crumble until Frey gave her the gift of mercy. But Beric had other plans, no mercy for Cat. Holy fuck, am I enthralled with Stoneheart. Time to bring out the rope like a marionette. But I refuse to believe shes the monster the fandom portrays her as, somewhere in there is our gentle Catelyn, but until then, marionette em.

9. Darrio. Hes a lot of fun. A very colorful life, one that he has no regret living. And what a romantic! Love at first sight, and ready to change his life for her. And when his friends disagreed, he got rid of them lol. Romantic. He doesn't care that hes lowborn scum, as long as he can wake up to his love every morning.

10. Stannis. Hes funny. A shaky sense of morality, sure, but that comes with the crown. He also has a shaky sense on his mortality, I like that, hes in it to win it. I also like that his (usual) promotions come from merit not right of birth

It's clear to me that you like a character, that is fun or at least funny haha

Didn't know ASOIAF is that funny or fun, but it must be the constant state of having to work trough trauma, whenever I read the novels or my natural lack of humor as a german 

But you don't ship Sansa with Tyrion, do you?

Edited by Nagini's Neville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

It's clear to me that you like a character, that is fun or at least funny haha

Totally. If your fun, or god forbid funny, then I'm much more inclined to like you. In fiction or real life

17 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Didn't know ASOIAF is that funny or fun, 

Quote

"You are no better than the rest of them. You have robbed and raped and murdered."

"Oh, I have, I have, I shan't deny it . . . but I'm amusing, with all my japes and capers. I make men laugh."

"And women weep." 

"Is that my fault? Women have no sense of humor."

Shits hilarious

19 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

but it must be the constant state of having to work trough trauma

Exactly. My philosophy is if its too dark to make jokes out of, your not looking hard enough

Quote

Tyrion pictured how his sister's head might look up there, with tar in her golden hair and flies buzzing in and out of her mouth. Yes, and Jaime must have the spike beside her, he decided. No one must ever come between my brother and my sister.

 

22 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

or my natural lack of humor as a german 

:rofl:lmao

1 hour ago, Nagini's Neville said:

What really surprises me is all the love for Jorah. Especially by all of the Dany fans, because I think he could play/could have already played a major role in her downfall. And yeah he's a major creep

I soooo badly wanted to put in Jorah (Reek too) but decided to go with the Mannis. 

Jorahs the shit. From a slaver turned exile turned rat. Nothing could be more despicable. He doesnt even feel shame from it. That was then, returning from his second exile must have done a number on him. Now hes tatted up like a passport, the proud knight reduced to the bear in a corner, talk about a fucking arc

1 hour ago, Nagini's Neville said:

, because I think he could play/could have already played a major role in her downfall. 

How so?

Dany would be next to nothing without him. He told her where to get the unsullied, as he instructed her to pretend to be ignorant in ghiscari. He went into the sewers for her, and killed her enemies as he always does. Now hes back, a knight rescuing a damsel in distress, in the face of an entire continent. 

Selmy has the fame. But there is no knight as powerful, wise and loyal as Jorah. Not in this realm, not in the next. 

There was a knight once who wore a ladys token into a tourney, the love he felt left all his enemies vanquished. Now hes back and fighting for love once more. No ones safe

1 hour ago, Nagini's Neville said:

And yeah he's a major creep

Yeah, a bit lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Totally. If your fun, or god forbid funny, then I'm much more inclined to like you. In fiction or real life

Shits hilarious

Exactly. My philosophy is if its too dark to make jokes out of, your not looking hard enough

I was sort of trolling. Since L<3R taught me all about it, it's my new favorite hobby. But please what's funny about brother and sister on spikes? sh sh sh The imp is just being hateful

Quote

Jorahs the shit. From a slaver turned exile turned rat. Nothing could be more despicable. He doesnt even feel shame from it. That was then, returning from his second exile must have done a number on him. Now hes tatted up like a passport, the proud knight reduced to the bear in a corner, talk about a fucking arc

Hm, okay. Doesn't make me like him more LOL

Quote

Dany would be next to nothing without him. He told her where to get the unsullied, as he instructed her to pretend to be ignorant in ghiscari. He went into the sewers for her, and killed her enemies as he always does. Now hes back, a knight rescuing a damsel in distress, in the face of an entire continent. 

Selmy has the fame. But there is no knight as powerful, wise and loyal as Jorah. Not in this realm, not in the next. 

There was a knight once who wore a ladys token into a tourney, the love he felt left all his enemies vanquished. Now hes back and fighting for love once more. No ones safe

haha you sound like Sansa there.

No doubt Jorah has helped Dany a lot. What I fear is, that his creepy obsession with her might aid her downfall. Since he might keep information to himself or alter it (especially about the 7 kingdoms), that would be of vital importance to her. He might do the same to keep being important to her. You can see the signs for that already

IMO her staying close to him/ being depended on him is a bigger priority to him than her success and her goals, don't think he is necessarily aware of that though.

But his jealousy towards every other man, that is somehow involved with Dany might be a major thread to her rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...